Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Troubles A Foot
- FB Fan -

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  19:39:19  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Barry season 1 was ok, and kind of disappointing. Barry season 2 blew me away. Though I'd describe it as anything but light.

HELL YEAH LARRY SANDERS SHOW.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2976 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  08:36:12  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

I started Rake but couldn't get into it. I really wanted to! How long should I give it?

How long did you give it?

It hooked me from the start. You sure you were watching the Oz version?

It gets more into running plot as the series progresses, as opposed to stand alone jury trial episodes. It has some great characters in it, and the writing and the comedy acting is high calibre I'd say.

My money's on the guy who played Cal McGregor getting the rold of Ozzie David Brent. Cheesy as fuck
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1896 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  09:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

I started Rake but couldn't get into it. I really wanted to! How long should I give it?

How long did you give it?

It hooked me from the start. You sure you were watching the Oz version?

It gets more into running plot as the series progresses, as opposed to stand alone jury trial episodes. It has some great characters in it, and the writing and the comedy acting is high calibre I'd say.

My money's on the guy who played Cal McGregor getting the rold of Ozzie David Brent. Cheesy as fuck

I watched most of the first ep. It certainly was Oz version. I'll get back to it soon.

I'll be watching the Dark Crystal TV show tonight. The movie is about the most brilliant thing ever done. Hearing good things about the show.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2976 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  10:11:33  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I watched most of the first ep. It certainly was Oz version. I'll get back to it soon.

I'll be watching the Dark Crystal TV show tonight. The movie is about the most brilliant thing ever done. Hearing good things about the show.

Give it a chance. It surprised me how good it was. It's a bit off kilter, and occasionally bizarre and unexplained.

Looking forward to the new season of Better Call Saul as well like, but in all honestly Rake owns it. I think the creators of Breaking Bad, as they were coming to the end of BB saw it and though, hmmm...

But, now that we know it's wrapping up after season 6 the question in my mind is what was it building up to, and why? And is it going to tie in with the recently announced Breaking Bad sequel Netflix film featuring what Jesse Pinkman did after...

I don't understand why it is taking them so long to film the new season(s) of BCS these days? Maybe they need to wait for certain actors to free up their time to be in it?

Edited by - pot on 08/30/2019 10:20:40
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1896 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2019 :  07:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished Caddyshack 2, which truly is so bad it's amazing. I had heard it was considered the worst sequel of all time, but it's so bad I want to buy the dvd.

What prompted me to post about it here though was the use of the term "bag boy" in the film. It makes sense that that would refer to caddies. Not sure I ever thought of any golf reference with the 2.0 song.
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2552 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  20:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBWGV7c8aZw

Paul
Go to Top of Page

rivum
- FB Fan -

Canada
202 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  05:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just about done season 5 of breaking bad!
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1987 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  23:03:30  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A bit late but Ozark (Season 1) was pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1896 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  00:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody else looking forward to Joker?
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
- FB Fan -

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  16:14:04  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am! I was an extra in it. Look for me as the only one (maybe there was one other guy) wearing a white gas mask in the scene with the rioting in the streets and the ambulance hitting the police car (it's in the trailer.) Also I was in the scene outside the movie theater wearing a clown mask like everyone else (this scene is also visible in the trailer.)
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2976 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2019 :  05:41:18  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wah Gwaan. Netflix just brought back Top Boy for a new series, and it's very good. Ran a couple of series on BBC1 a few years back; about black youts in London selling drugs and dat innit. Netflix have done a great job of bringing the story back for another series, a few years on. Some of it's even based in Jamaica. Lot's of new characters, good character and plenty of topical current issues stuff about Brexit and immigration and how society steers these youngers onto destructive paths.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000