-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Coronavirus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2638 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  19:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

I miss faces, too. But the upside is eyes are featured more now.

quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

I miss mouths, smiles, smirks, grins. So awful it is meeting people in masks. Bad enough to see an old face wearing one. Now new faces are hideously hid.



Yes, the mirror. I momentarily dug that aspect as well, at least in an attempt to adjust. But we were born before this and we have lived life before this. I can not stomach the “new normal” it is not normal at all. An entire generation growing up staring at incomplete faces? It’s awful. It is the stuff of nightmares. I have been up the ass of this pandemic all year long and yet I am still standing. SMH. No answers


__________________________________________________

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  02:15:53  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did anyone see that clip of Obama the other day in the basketball court, shooting the ball into the net? He was wearing a mask "to protect others". Everyone cheered, and then he walked out and said something but had to pull his mask down so he could be heard. So basically he handled a ball that probably everyone in the room had just handled and then immediately rubbed his hand all over his mouth.

I see this everywhere I go. I've stood and watching folk in the supermarket standing browsing and just rubbing their hand all over the front of their mask, so they can transmit pathogens from their hand onto their mask and (if they are infected) from their mouth onto their hands and then onto things all round the shop.

Masks are bullshit, and make me slightly angry and I have never complied with this. All they do is encourage the spread by giving people a false sense of security. The most important thing is hand hygene and keeping your hands away from your face, and I am sick to death of these mask nazis getting in my face about not wearing one.

All indications are the pandemic is over because there are no excess deaths right now, and whatever was going round ealier in the year wasn't as serious as they are making out, and many of the exces deaths can probably be attributed directly to the lockdown measures (in the UK anyway).
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
893 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  05:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, keep it up.
i'm sure everyone's really interested in your next informative post about corona.


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

2249 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  05:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Did anyone see that clip of Obama the other day in the basketball court, shooting the ball into the net? He was wearing a mask "to protect others". Everyone cheered, and then he walked out and said something but had to pull his mask down so he could be heard. So basically he handled a ball that probably everyone in the room had just handled and then immediately rubbed his hand all over his mouth.

I see this everywhere I go. I've stood and watching folk in the supermarket standing browsing and just rubbing their hand all over the front of their mask, so they can transmit pathogens from their hand onto their mask and (if they are infected) from their mouth onto their hands and then onto things all round the shop.

Masks are bullshit, and make me slightly angry and I have never complied with this. All they do is encourage the spread by giving people a false sense of security. The most important thing is hand hygene and keeping your hands away from your face, and I am sick to death of these mask nazis getting in my face about not wearing one.

All indications are the pandemic is over because there are no excess deaths right now, and whatever was going round ealier in the year wasn't as serious as they are making out, and many of the exces deaths can probably be attributed directly to the lockdown measures (in the UK anyway).



Hi pot,

I always enjoy reading your take even if I don't agree. Who wants to be agreed with all the time anyway?

I agree with you about hand washing and not touching the face being super important, but I'm sure you've seen those videos of people coughing and sneezing, and how many water droplets spread through the air when you don't have a mask on. Don't you think that adding a mask to your repertoire would help slow the spread of germs? That's probably why doctors and dentists have been wearing them for so long.

I agree that there is a serious push toward behavior modification going on right now. I think you're right to see that. I think there is more going on with this than we might know. I don't think anyone on here trusts the political leadership 100%. So I get where you're coming from. I'd like to hear more about your experiences with mask nazis.

When's the last time you read the Apocalypse, i.e. the book of Revelation? Obviously you know that Frank refers to it numerous times in his songs. It's short, you can read it one sitting. I think you'll be happy you read it. (This is a super random one, doesn't really have to do with the theme of the book, but "the mark of the beast" is a number, 666, and it is said that everyone will have to have that number if they want to do any buying or selling. 6 in Hebrew is represented by "w", and one of the ways you could write 666 is www. 2,000 years ago someone said that the day will come when you won't be able to buy or sell without www. Again, that's just a completely tangential and fun side note.)

On another side note, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Sean Connery. I've been thinking a lot about him since his passing, and I was wondering what people from your neck of the woods think about him.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  11:24:31  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Hi pot,

I always enjoy reading your take even if I don't agree. Who wants to be agreed with all the time anyway?

I agree with you about hand washing and not touching the face being super important, but I'm sure you've seen those videos of people coughing and sneezing, and how many water droplets spread through the air when you don't have a mask on. Don't you think that adding a mask to your repertoire would help slow the spread of germs? That's probably why doctors and dentists have been wearing them for so long.

I agree that there is a serious push toward behavior modification going on right now. I think you're right to see that. I think there is more going on with this than we might know. I don't think anyone on here trusts the political leadership 100%. So I get where you're coming from. I'd like to hear more about your experiences with mask nazis.

When's the last time you read the Apocalypse, i.e. the book of Revelation? Obviously you know that Frank refers to it numerous times in his songs. It's short, you can read it one sitting. I think you'll be happy you read it. (This is a super random one, doesn't really have to do with the theme of the book, but "the mark of the beast" is a number, 666, and it is said that everyone will have to have that number if they want to do any buying or selling. 6 in Hebrew is represented by "w", and one of the ways you could write 666 is www. 2,000 years ago someone said that the day will come when you won't be able to buy or sell without www. Again, that's just a completely tangential and fun side note.)

On another side note, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Sean Connery. I've been thinking a lot about him since his passing, and I was wondering what people from your neck of the woods think about him.



Surgeons wear masks to stop germs passing from the surgeons mouth to the patient and also to stop blood from the patient entering the mouth of the surgeon. They are not designed to stop the spread of airborne viruses and in that respect are pretty ineffective, and using them gives people a false sense of security and as I explained do more to encourage the spread of viruses than prevent it. Surgeons also work in oxygenated rooms. They were introduce here in the UK at the time when the virus was on the way out, and during the summer when the spread of viruses like this through the population is beneficial in the long run because it helps to build herd immunity throughout the population as we head into the winter.

This is asides from the glaringly obvious fact that there are no current excess deaths from this virus right now and we are not, nor are we entering a deadly pandemic. The entire exercise is a psy-op, and everyone is just going along with it and there appears to be no reasoning with the majority of people, and by conforming to all these rules and lockdowns we are enabling governments to impose further restrictions on our civil liberties. I'm very concerned about where all this is leading right now. The UN and the WEF have an agenda on reseting the entire world over the next ten years and they have stated that by the year 2030 we will own nothing. I think they are deliberately crashing the entire global economy and subsequently governments on purpose with a view to installing some kind of NWO. It sounds like a crazy theory but what I'm saying can all be verified by going on to the WEF wesbite.

I think we all need to be on alert for another 9/11 style false flag event too. I really do hope that what I'm am speculating is tin foil hat world, but the possibility needs to be seriously considered by everyone. I've been saying for some time that people need to wake up to the fact 9/11 was an inside job, and the real perpetrators held to account because if they don't they could do something like this again.

I've not read the book of revelations no, but I may check that out sometime if you say it's worth a read.

It was sad to hear about Sean Connery passing, he was of course a national treasure and esteemed by many. Never been much of a James Bond fan but I remember him well from the film Highlander. He was also a long time supporter of Scottish Independence.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

2249 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  12:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you pot

And to your point, this video of a man being harassed on the NYC subway for not wearing a mask is a interesting watch. (Is that you pot?! Haha just kidding with you. But seriously the video is a good watch.)

https://gothamist.com/news/video-shows-subway-riders-united-effort-persuade-one-man-wear-face-mask
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  02:21:23  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

I hear you pot

And to your point, this video of a man being harassed on the NYC subway for not wearing a mask is a interesting watch. (Is that you pot?! Haha just kidding with you. But seriously the video is a good watch.)

https://gothamist.com/news/video-shows-subway-riders-united-effort-persuade-one-man-wear-face-mask



Seen lots of those videos, it's very worrying. This is causing fights, it's turning the people on each other. Maybe that's part of the real plan? I saw one video where this woman was being challenged by a guy on a bus and so she spat on him, and he got up and threw her off the bus and she landed on the ground. Other videos with the police attacking women on the street for not wearing a mask. It's utter madness.

I've not personally had much trouble, plenty of dirty looks and a few have challenged me but I have found a good way to send them on their way with their tail between their legs is to respond by demanding to see their ID that gives them the autority to question me.

Security guard asked me for a medical certificate a few weeks ago, and they are not allowed to do that and it is actually illegal. I complained to the manager and got an apology and the security guard got a bollocking. Not the first time I was told and I've not seen that guy on the door since funnily enough.

Doesn't seem to be as strict where I live, but most are complying with the mask rule anyway. Few seem bothered about me not wearing one. Might be different somewhere else. I fear for the future, and the psychological effect this is having on kids? They are manufacturing barbie dolls with masks now even. WTF is that all about? The can shove their new normal, I'm not having it.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11613 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  14:17:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Did anyone see that clip of Obama the other day in the basketball court, shooting the ball into the net? He was wearing a mask "to protect others". Everyone cheered, and then he walked out and said something but had to pull his mask down so he could be heard. So basically he handled a ball that probably everyone in the room had just handled and then immediately rubbed his hand all over his mouth.

I see this everywhere I go. I've stood and watching folk in the supermarket standing browsing and just rubbing their hand all over the front of their mask, so they can transmit pathogens from their hand onto their mask and (if they are infected) from their mouth onto their hands and then onto things all round the shop.

Masks are bullshit, and make me slightly angry and I have never complied with this. All they do is encourage the spread by giving people a false sense of security. The most important thing is hand hygene and keeping your hands away from your face, and I am sick to death of these mask nazis getting in my face about not wearing one.

All indications are the pandemic is over because there are no excess deaths right now, and whatever was going round ealier in the year wasn't as serious as they are making out, and many of the exces deaths can probably be attributed directly to the lockdown measures (in the UK anyway).



Masks aren't bullshit, your example is just proof that they're not perfect and we have a lot of adjusting to do to our behaviour to make it work. Same with the people in the grocery store half wearing them or touching this, that, their face, and continuing on 'invincible'. They predominantly are a courtesy to others that *most* of my droplets will stay with me and not float in the air if I cough, sneeze, etc.

As for protecting the person wearing them, there is some evidence but in need of peer review last I checked that while masks don't really protect the person wearing them, they do reduce the viral load. This, linked with another theory that reduced viral load at infection may result in less severe or even asymptomatic cases, is a good reason to consider wearing a mask if being considerate to others is too onerous a request.

In the age of facial recognition and cameras everywhere in some countries these days, can you really believe there is some deep-state conspiracy to have everyone obscure their faces? That aside, about the only people that benefit are the mask makers, who are too busy just trying to keep up.

It's great to question what you hear but you also have to question what you find when you ask those questions.


"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  15:00:37  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank
Masks aren't bullshit, your example is just proof that they're not perfect and we have a lot of adjusting to do to our behaviour to make it work. Same with the people in the grocery store half wearing them or touching this, that, their face, and continuing on 'invincible'. They predominantly are a courtesy to others that *most* of my droplets will stay with me and not float in the air if I cough, sneeze, etc.

As for protecting the person wearing them, there is some evidence but in need of peer review last I checked that while masks don't really protect the person wearing them, they do reduce the viral load. This, linked with another theory that reduced viral load at infection may result in less severe or even asymptomatic cases, is a good reason to consider wearing a mask if being considerate to others is too onerous a request.

In the age of facial recognition and cameras everywhere in some countries these days, can you really believe there is some deep-state conspiracy to have everyone obscure their faces? That aside, about the only people that benefit are the mask makers, who are too busy just trying to keep up.

It's great to question what you hear but you also have to question what you find when you ask those questions.[/i]



How likely is it that people are going to take into account all the negative effects of wearing masks and use them properly, let alone the right type of mask?

I've heard the surveillance argument being pointed out, but it's neither here nor there. Everyone now owns a smart phone, with a camera and we are all being monitored through our social media by US cyber security. Our every move and what we all had for breakfast is being tracked that way, so I don't think CCTV facial recognition technology is really their most powerful weapon right now, not least when 90% of flights are grounded and hardly anyone can travel anywhere right now anyway.

The fact is masks are just completely ineffective in reducing the spread of respiratory viruses, as are lockdown measures and that's coming from a number of experts in the field. They haven't done anything to stop the spread of this alleged mutation of coronavirus, and what has happened is the virus has naturally died away as per the natural seasonal variation of this type of virus. There has not been a second wave, or if there has it was a small one and has probably already peaked. It will probably come back again later in the winter next year, as this type of virus always does but my gut feeling is it will be far less severe if it does.

Statistical evidence for a pandemic indicates there probably was a minor pandemic earlier in the year (and they do happen regularly) but right now there are no significant excess deaths which is a clear indication that there is no longer a pandemic.

But the media seems to want to continue hyping this up for some reason? Joe Biden "wins" the presidency (and I put that in quotation marks for a good reason but that's another discussion) and then Pfizer (who were fined Billions of dollars in 2009 for criminal behaviour and fraudulently pushing their damaging vaccine onto the world during the swine flu outbreak in 2009) now suddenly have a new kind of vaccine that's going to save the world (even though it's still at least a year off being thoroughly tested for efficacy and safety) and everyone is celebrating.

Masks are not about controlling the spread of a virus, they are about controlling us.

It's not a conspiracy. Look up the WEF website and see all their stuff about #TheGreatReset. Have you heard the term Build Back Better being used anywhere? That's also coming from them.

I was behind taking measures to tackle the pandemic at the start of the year and was very worried about it, but now I've seen how things have panned out I'm 100% against all lockdown measures and think everyone needs to wake up, and rise up and take back control of our lives before it's too late. I'm not expecting that to happen though, so either way things are looking pretty grim right now.

Edited by - pot on 11/11/2020 15:01:47
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  02:07:05  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Former vice-President of Pfizer trashes their claims that they have made a break through in the hunt for a vaccine:

https://principia-scientific.com/top-pfizer-whistleblower-trashes-companys-vaccine-breakthrough-spin/

"But Pfizer has an enormous fly in the ointment of their corporate bragadaccio: former vice-president of Pfizer, Dr. Michael Yeadon, now coming to the fore as a prominent whistleblower of the global pandemic vaccine fraud."

"Not only have governments and their ‘science advisers’ grossly overreacted to the pandemic, it has become very clear from the evidence that the claimed novel coronavirus has no more impact on global health than any normal flu bug.

The need to roll out a trillion-dollar mass compulsory vaccination program using ‘rushed through’ vaccines is not only reckless, it may end up killing more people than the virus itself."

"Here at Principia Scientific International we are actively building a highly-qualified team of international experts presenting robust empirical and documented evidence exposing the scam. Central to the science we present is the inescapable fact that no laboratory anywhere in the world has been proven to have isolated, refined and reproduced the virus to the accepted standard."
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
893 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  03:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to see you're not giving up on being totally open-minded about all of this.
someone has to do it.


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  03:58:12  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also completely oblivious to cheap digs.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11613 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank
Masks aren't bullshit, your example is just proof that they're not perfect and we have a lot of adjusting to do to our behaviour to make it work. Same with the people in the grocery store half wearing them or touching this, that, their face, and continuing on 'invincible'. They predominantly are a courtesy to others that *most* of my droplets will stay with me and not float in the air if I cough, sneeze, etc.

As for protecting the person wearing them, there is some evidence but in need of peer review last I checked that while masks don't really protect the person wearing them, they do reduce the viral load. This, linked with another theory that reduced viral load at infection may result in less severe or even asymptomatic cases, is a good reason to consider wearing a mask if being considerate to others is too onerous a request.

In the age of facial recognition and cameras everywhere in some countries these days, can you really believe there is some deep-state conspiracy to have everyone obscure their faces? That aside, about the only people that benefit are the mask makers, who are too busy just trying to keep up.

It's great to question what you hear but you also have to question what you find when you ask those questions.



How likely is it that people are going to take into account all the negative effects of wearing masks and use them properly, let alone the right type of mask?

...

The fact is masks are just completely ineffective in reducing the spread of respiratory viruses, as are lockdown measures and that's coming from a number of experts in the field. They haven't done anything to stop the spread of this alleged mutation of coronavirus, and what has happened is the virus has naturally died away as per the natural seasonal variation of this type of virus. There has not been a second wave, or if there has it was a small one and has probably already peaked. It will probably come back again later in the winter next year, as this type of virus always does but my gut feeling is it will be far less severe if it does.

Statistical evidence for a pandemic indicates there probably was a minor pandemic earlier in the year (and they do happen regularly) but right now there are no significant excess deaths which is a clear indication that there is no longer a pandemic.

But the media seems to want to continue hyping this up for some reason? Joe Biden "wins" the presidency (and I put that in quotation marks for a good reason but that's another discussion) and then Pfizer (who were fined Billions of dollars in 2009 for criminal behaviour and fraudulently pushing their damaging vaccine onto the world during the swine flu outbreak in 2009) now suddenly have a new kind of vaccine that's going to save the world (even though it's still at least a year off being thoroughly tested for efficacy and safety) and everyone is celebrating.

Masks are not about controlling the spread of a virus, they are about controlling us.

It's not a conspiracy. Look up the WEF website and see all their stuff about #TheGreatReset. Have you heard the term Build Back Better being used anywhere? That's also coming from them.

I was behind taking measures to tackle the pandemic at the start of the year and was very worried about it, but now I've seen how things have panned out I'm 100% against all lockdown measures and think everyone needs to wake up, and rise up and take back control of our lives before it's too late. I'm not expecting that to happen though, so either way things are looking pretty grim right now.



OK, so not planning to get into a long running debate with you on this but I also have nearly zero tolerance for posting unsubstantiated and illogical conspiracy claims on a site that I run.

Your claims in need of evidence :
1) Masks are completely ineffective against the spread of respiratory virus.

So... you think doctors and nurses and medical professionals (are you in that category? my wife is.) have been masking up all these years as part of a set up so we would trust masks? As a means of controlling us? How does a mask control you? Aside from getting you angry enough to believe anything the conspiracy theorists will tell you? Because it's a directive from government it is therefore control? Why are masks so offensive compared to seatbelts or no-smoking signs?

2) What has happened is the virus naturally died away etc etc.

So every media outlet, hospital, doctor, nurse, etc across multiple countries is making this up on someone's script?

3) Statistical evidence indicates that there was 'probably' a minor pandemic (implication here that it was not covid) but there are no more excess deaths.

For what region? In what time frame?

4) Joe Biden "wins".

The numbers are being reported from, again, multiple polling stations etc. There are unfounded, so far, allegations of fraud but we'll see what happens here. Like you say, another discussion, kind of, except that Trump and the far right movement seem to be behind this whole no big deal virus conspiracy theory as a means of justifying their abysmal response and record.

5) On WEF, Bill Gates (who you didn't mention here but for sure he's lumped in these days) et al.

Of course there will be people looking to take advantage of a situation for profit or to advance their own ideas of what a better society is (even if it's only better for them or counter to what you want or I would want). That doesn't mean that therefore they plotted, planned, or made this happen or have sent those leaders back to then convince everyone in their countries from doctors and medics up that there is a made up disease.

That Bill Gates and others saw this coming and have been working on efforts to reduce disease by vaccination doesn't mean that now that we have a disease that would be lovely to eradicate that it was therefore all part of their plan. It means that vaccines are a tool in reducing or eliminating some types of virii and of course we should be working towards one.

That doesn't mean you're wrong about Pfizer or that there isn't a lot of pressure and hype about having one (and a lot of potential money at stake to get there first). Everyone wants to hear that things will go back to normal. By the time this is done, there will be companies, and I think particularly in areas with little to no non-political oversight and regulatory bodies, as the US has certainly become even more so under Trump, that perpetuate fraud with potential life altering or ending effects. I don't think I'd take a vaccine that wasn't thoroughly vetted (and not just by the US) if it were available today. And I have had a lot more vaccinations than most in my life, thanks to a job with international travel back in the day when that was a thing. But all this doesn't mean that Pfizer or any of those people therefore invented this pandemic and sold a lie to the whole world.

Take one day. Take one day and try arguing the side that the pandemic is real and masks are a tool in reducing the spread of the virus, not perfect but certainly better than everyone wandering around sneezing everywhere, and certainly not a way to control you. I know you came from wanting to limit the pandemic once and moved from there, so it may feel pointless, but sometimes the needle moves so slowly that we don't feel it.

Look for evidence to refute the points that the people you believe are telling you. Just force yourself to be critical for a day, dig in and research. Consider it a project to validate that you aren't wrong, or a self-help project, or whatever you like. If at the end of that day, you still believe the whole world is out to destroy life as we know it, then you can go on being cynical and paranoid. If not, that one day may save you years of anguish, anger, frustration and maybe depression.


"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."[/i]
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3203 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  09:31:48  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry Dean, I wasn't aware the opinions I shared on here had to be thoroughly vetted through a stringent peer review process, let alone reflect those of the site owner(s)?

I've provided plenty of evidence for what I'm saying, yet on other hand I've not seen anyone post anything to support their opinion; just the assumption that they must be right by default because it's the mainstream narrative.

You can look up @michaelyeadon3 on twitter if you like (Jack doesn't like him either) where you will find him sharing volumes of evidence. Who should I trust: a highly trained professional with nothing to gain from promoting the truth, or highly paid Big Pharma stooges? Oh that's a really hard one. And he is very much not alone, and there are plenty of whistle blowers from the health services working on the front line too.

As for the WEF stuff, take a look on their website (like I've already said). It's all up there, but of course it's a "tin foil hat conspiracy theory" despite the fact they are explicitly stating on their website that they are using the COVID-1984 crisis to pursue a radical global agenda over the next ten years. It's just a coincidence that countries all over the world have spent the year completely panning their economies and attacking our civil liberties in ways the western world hasn't seen wince WW2.

Where is your evidence?

Your welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11613 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  15:36:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Opinions stated as such are one thing, and I don't care what opinions you have or post if it's clearly opinion. When you start promoting those opinions as proven fact then it's a lie and not an opinion.

Moving on. The fact that someone is not part of a big company doesn't inherently make them trustworthy. The fact that you follow and recommend others follow a person is itself an objective. I'm not saying this about Yadon fellow, I don't really know what is going on specifically in your country so it feels largely irrelevant. I admit I've stopped looking at this after looking relentlessly up until about June and being satisfied so I'm not up to date on the latest conspiracy theories. Some of the items, if true (and validating that is a lot more difficult) are hard to get at. For example, more testing means more false positives; makes sense. It doesn't therefore follow that therefore there is no pandemic. Lower excess deaths, I think we're too early to look at that. There is lag between testing positive and death and then death to the data being available for excess death analysis. But certainly these things should be monitored.

In general the idea that we can only trust bloggers because they're independent (and that we should only trust them because they're not part of a big machine) is pretty much how you end up in a rabbit hole.

Have you ever looked at how Jar Jar Binks was the real dark lord of the sith controlling everything? There's enough circumstantial evidence (i.e. not evidence at all) to make you really want to question/believe it. If something so obviously preposterous in a fictional work can be that convincing, well... I mean the guy on reddit isn't from Disney or Lucasfilm or any of the big companies covering it up so... (if you haven't, it's quite an entertaining read assuming you like Star Wars at all)

And again, to my point on WEF, the fact that there are people wanting to take advantage of a situation to advance an agenda doesn't mean they made the situation happen. When gas prices dropped like crazy earlier this year, I filled up every gasoline-powered machine I own. Gas rebounded and I saved some serious money. However, the fact that I did so does not mean I conspired in lowering prices to begin with.

When someone says the world is not at all the way most people perceive it to be, the onus is on them to prove it. That's how progress works, we don't have to prove things over and over that are already proven or self evident. That said, here's some reading on masks that might be helpful.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8


"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  17:46:45  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cult for arguing against pot's nonsense. I really get distressed seeing dangerous stuff on here like that unchallenged.

The anger people have about wearing a mask is bizarre to me. It's just a barrier against droplets. It's not a political statement. It's like wearing a condom or wearing a coat when its cold out or waiting for the walk signal to cross the street, just stuff we all do to benefit ourselves and others and not live in chaos or harm anyone.

And let's say we somehow find out masks don't help, what is the worst that happens? So we all wore some masks (which is very common in other countries) for a while? Who cares in the grand scheme of things?

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 11/13/2020 12:36:54
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
= Cult of Ray =

Austria
973 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  21:24:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

Thank you Cult for arguing against pot's nonsense. I really get distressed seeing dangerous stuff on here like that unchallenged.

The anger people have about wearing a mask is bizarre to me. It's just a barrier against droplets. It's not a political statement. It's like wearing a condom or wearing a coat when its cold out or waiting for the walk signal to cross the street, just stuff we all do to benefit ourselves and others and not live in chaos or harm anyone.

And let's say we somehow find out masks don't help, what is the worst that happens? So we all wore some masks (which is very common in other countries) for a while? Who cares in the grand scheme of things?



No, there is absolutely no point in "challenging" or discussion with non-sensical people. Just ignore them. It is their only purpose to spread their trolling and nonsense, and they can only do this if somebody gives them a platform.
As for the masks and their effect on children: I wonder how many of those who are so much concerned about children are actually parents. I am happy that our daycare has mandatory masks for age 4+ (besides other precautions). None of the +150 kids has ANY complaint whatsoever. For them it's just another accessoire such as hat in winter. If all grown-ups would be as rational as kids, then Covid would only be half the problem.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2638 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  20:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be nice and give those around you and yourself a break. We’ve all wound up in the deep end. Paddle and breathe. Be kind
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

2249 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  12:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000