-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Pixies Interviews 2017.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  02:08:19  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://ktla.com/2017/05/19/pixies-guitarist-joey-santiago-discusses-his-filipino-heritage-and-how-it-shaped-him-as-an-american-rockstar/ Joey talking about his Filipino heritage.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  10:39:54  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/life-style/local-entertainment/music/departure-of-bassist-no-big-deal-for-pixies-who-play/article_e861e963-e198-573f-a798-964b74c0c1e0.html

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11526 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  22:51:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk
http://ktla.com/2017/05/19/pixies-guitarist-joey-santiago-discusses-his-filipino-heritage-and-how-it-shaped-him-as-an-american-rockstar/ Joey talking about his Filipino heritage.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE


Great stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  07:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The Pixies have yet to hear from Deal since she left the band. “That’s normal,” Santiago says. “When we don’t work, we usually don’t talk with one another. I’ll talk to (vocalist-guitarist) Charles (Thompson aka Black Francis) sometimes. I never hear from (drummer) David Lovering. But I have been hanging out with Paz. When we get together to make music or tour, it’s fine.”

I'm assuming this means they will never hear from Kim again?
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  09:08:10  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYov-76NYEc Joey!

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  11:18:43  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.theaquarian.com/2017/05/24/wave-of-rejuvenation-paz-lenchantin-breathes-new-life-into-the-pixies/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  04:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYov-76NYEc Joey!

PUERTO RICO PIXIE



Good interview.

Joey looks and sounds great.

And didn't Charles also mention something somewhere about Nacho Libre? Seems like that's one of their inspirational films.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  01:16:50  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFwkF7KtEWM David.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
420 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2017 :  22:37:39  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug
And didn't Charles also mention something somewhere about Nacho Libre? Seems like that's one of their inspirational films.



They mentioned it in this Rolling Stone interview a couple years ago, saying that the three of them liked Nacho Libre, and Kim didn't, and then joked that that's why she left the band.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/see-pixies-play-planet-of-sound-new-um-chagga-lagga-at-rs-office-20150602
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  01:22:33  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9y-ttTU3Rs Radio 104.5 Session Interview Part 1.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  01:25:53  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stqjRmJDo7E Radio 104.5 Interview Part 2.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  04:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug
And didn't Charles also mention something somewhere about Nacho Libre? Seems like that's one of their inspirational films.



They mentioned it in this Rolling Stone interview a couple years ago, saying that the three of them liked Nacho Libre, and Kim didn't, and then joked that that's why she left the band.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/see-pixies-play-planet-of-sound-new-um-chagga-lagga-at-rs-office-20150602



Thank you yarbles. I wonder how much there is to that story.
Go to Top of Page

peter radiator
= Cult of Ray =

USA
543 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  05:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god, that radio interview with the female DJ is perhaps the most cringe-inducing one I have ever seen the band have to endure.

Wowsers, almost every single question was tone-deaf, awkward, ill-considered and useless.

I made it to the end of Part 1, and simply don't have the stomach for whatever might occur in Part 2.

Perhaps someone here on the boards who can stand to watch it will let me know if the interviewer "blows up real good" or perhaps a spooky ghost appears and scares all the audience members out of the room.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  07:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter radiator

Oh my god, that radio interview with the female DJ is perhaps the most cringe-inducing one I have ever seen the band have to endure.

Wowsers, almost every single question was tone-deaf, awkward, ill-considered and useless.

I made it to the end of Part 1, and simply don't have the stomach for whatever might occur in Part 2.

Perhaps someone here on the boards who can stand to watch it will let me know if the interviewer "blows up real good" or perhaps a spooky ghost appears and scares all the audience members out of the room.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder



Peter, you know I'm going to have to watch this interview now. That's the best endorsement they could have hoped for!
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  07:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I an only 3 minutes and 12 seconds into it (I have to stop and go do something else), but MAN is it amazing.

Charles actually looks and sounds as if he is in physical pain having to respond to her supernatural inanity.

Brilliant stuff here folks. Can't wait to finish it later.
Go to Top of Page

peter radiator
= Cult of Ray =

USA
543 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  08:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They had clearly already met and interacted with her before the cameras rolled, and were likely communally dreading whatever queries would burst forth from her mouth hole.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1142 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  08:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I almost punched my screen when the Cobain reference came in.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  11:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody, please watch part two.

It is so unbearably painful to watch. I have a stomach ache.

And big surprise that this interviewer is friends with the horrible interviewer from Atlanta.

Frank's answers are perfect, so bad.

At least Paz points out that one of the questions is stupid.

This interviewer is evidence that humans are devolving.
Go to Top of Page

peter radiator
= Cult of Ray =

USA
543 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  11:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know that I can bring myself to do it, Bedbug.

If things keep up like this, they're just going to stop making themselves available for such things altogether.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1142 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  21:16:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I nearly jumped out of the window when she asked what Black was collecting.

How many extra songs could they have played during those wasted 20 minutes ? 10 ?

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 06/06/2017 21:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

320 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  02:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter radiator

I don't know that I can bring myself to do it, Bedbug.

If things keep up like this, they're just going to stop making themselves available for such things altogether.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder



I don't blame you Peter. I happen to love cringe-inducing humor, so this is perfect for me. I just feel bad for Charles mostly. I know 2.0 pays the bills, but I imagine there are times he just wishes he was in the woods painting pictures.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11526 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  06:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a close-up of Paz's shoes for no reason! It's made even more ridiculous interviewing them on stage, given that BF is of course famously not a big talker live.

Apparently Tom Hanks collects typewriters!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  02:42:07  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmiq37FgKDk Joey.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11526 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  03:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmiq37FgKDk Joey.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE


They've never played Finland before? Missed them when they played Trinity College the other week, haven't seen live since Kim left!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  13:58:59  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.rts.ch/info/culture/musiques/8790350-au-paleo-l-etourdissante-cadence-rock-des-pixies-impressionne-encore.html Paz interview here.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  01:30:07  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/rock-stars-quizzed-particle-physics/amp/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11513 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  08:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting the links, punk, but can you please also try to include a bit more description?


"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
* Dog in the Sand *

2456 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  09:51:51  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Thanks for posting the links, punk, but can you please also try to include a bit more description?


"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Sure,next time Cult.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000