Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lucmove
- FB Fan -

Brazil
116 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  19:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The very fact that people mention "even playing field" in this context shows that the number of posts is used to make some people seem "more whatever" than other people. What's the use of that? I say drop post count altogether.

If anything, display forum registration date. That should be enough to all relevant uses and purposes.

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  10:41:07  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
note to yalls: the splash page updates are going in reverse-order -- i.e. all the new news items are being entered below the RIP Duane item, making them seem non-chronological, and keeping the RIP item on top makes it seem at first that there are no new news items.

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  08:54:07  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matto

note to yalls: the splash page updates are going in reverse-order -- i.e. all the new news items are being entered below the RIP Duane item, making them seem non-chronological, and keeping the RIP item on top makes it seem at first that there are no new news items.

sminki pinki

it did it again (4/28)

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11513 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  21:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Our news engine is a bit of a mess still.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  16:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always thought this forum was very easy to read. The categories are perfect. But what makes the real magic of it is when happens a buzz like before FMRM or Bluefinger, but this is a genuine thing. I dont know why people dont get as much excited with the Golem, I think this is the only thing that really counts right now for FBF fans. And the EDF album, the one with Rabbit Hole and The Water, wich is totally ignored right now. But what I mean is "as far as your site exists again, dont worry about it, FB upcoming records should keep it alive". Graphics? Who needs graphics? It's about music. I never go to the black francis site because it has all these graphic things.

Edited by - Grotesque on 06/04/2009 16:16:27
Go to Top of Page

Arm Arm Arm
= Cult of Ray =

998 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  15:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the layout of this forum is great; as Grotesque said, "very easy to read." I like seeing the number of posts, not to feel superior (nor inferior) but out of curiosity. It's amazing to me that some people are up to 5 digits in posting.

If it bothers people, perhaps it could be kept under each person's profile, so if I wanted to see how many times I've posted, I can still check it out.

This is a good moment to say what a great forum this is. Interesting topics, nicely laid out...thanks!
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2426 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  17:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with it being easy to read. My monitor is very bright yet this site's page is always nicely muted. easy on the eyes. uh boy.
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  07:22:41  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with above 3 posts.

Also... I am slow -- when did stars start getting doled out? is this ebay?

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11513 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  09:38:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the 'new' site has been put on indefinite hiatus, the stars are a product of upgrading the existing site and we could put the bees back, but a little change goes a long way. :)

Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1508 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  10:04:52  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's something in the stars?
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
692 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  21:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to change the forum software so that users can select their time zone (depending on where they live), so that all displayed timestamps make more sense? That would be a big improvement for me.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11513 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  11:07:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... it is probably possible, I'll have Floop look into it.

Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2319 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  01:39:30  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering that for a while also, would be useful feature to have otherwise it can be confusing trying to work out when the last post was and stuff.

*emergency crappy askiitobee*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000