Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Frank Black & The Catholics: Live Super Comps!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  11:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, I made these exhaustive Catholics comps for fun & my own listening pleasure and figured I would share them. These are from fan-traded SBD & AUDS although I also used a few tracks from the "hearitagain" shows, but I see those have basically entered the trading pool since it's been so long since they were offered for sale in any way. Those tracks are from my own lossy>lossless upscale/remasters that I did a long time ago for my own archives, everything else should be natively lossless.

Mastered for continuity and listening pleasure but this is a purely amateur fan production. Tagged with artwork, show info and sources. Assembled and shared in FLAC format

Vol1: Is There a Place? Live 1996-1999

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18Vq_WQURc378073LFaTTLGi8jFkdmMme?usp=sharing

Vol2: There Is A Place: Live 2000-2003

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cgkOJX5G0iHeAT3DPQCq8378n1rWSONo?usp=sharing

Shoutout to einzack who has been sharing some less-circulated FB shows recently on DIME! If anyone would like any of the full shows I drew from I can upload those as well as needed

Edited by - anazgnos on 01/16/2021 19:57:44

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  14:35:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both of these link to Vol 2.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  19:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fixed.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  15:05:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks!!

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  14:38:44  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing these - I'll give 'em a spin.
I think I'm almost through all of the shows I got from defgav, so there won't be too many more.
But you never know what I might find hiding away somewhere.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1052 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  21:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Anazgnos! I downloaded the first volume on SS a few weeks ago and found it very cool. The second volume is a real interest because there are so many songs I never heard live before! You put it together very well and the edition is very fine.
Gosh, it makes me realize how he Catholics years were the Golden Years... A fantastic repertoire. An album every year, tour almost every year. The reformation of Pixies "broke" it... #Iwantmyfrankblackback.

++++

Edited by - Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo on 04/13/2021 22:00:20
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1066 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2021 :  02:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this. Liking the face on Mars artwork. FB/Pixies should do another Mars album. I always wondered if Dog in the Sand is about going to Mars or to throw a curveball returning FROM Mars. Apparently there is another face...
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2021 :  03:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx!

it's educational
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly