Folder of Goodies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  09:14:40  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi shared a post on the Frank FB group of a best-of of live shows I put together on my mega account.

Here's the post:
I've put together a "Best-Of" collection of live recordings of Frank Back and Frank Black & The Catholics on my mega account to share with you all. These are 90% from recordings I have collected via snail mail over the years, with a few acquired from digital sources. I haven't actually taped any of these, so all thanks to the original tapers. Many will be familiar to you as I have shared many of them on dimeadozen.org or on forum.frankblack.net over the years, but maybe there's one or two that are new.

Anyways, I originally aimed to select the best 1 or two recordings corresponding to each album and share those, but FB wouldn't let me do it how I wanted too, so now I'm simply sharing the entire folder which contains the entire lot as well as many others which have found their way onto my account over the years.

They're all in flac format, though there are some mp3 files in some of the other folders. And some are contained in folders, and others in .zip files. All depends on when I added them to my account. They're all full band gigs, apart from the McCabes show which was simply too good to leave out. It's a roughly 50/50 split of audience recordings and FM/SBD ones.

Here's the list I put together detailing the best (imo) recordings from each album period. These are all in the folder:

Frank Black:
Electric Ladyland Studios, New York (1993-06-24)
Tipitina's Nightclub, New Orleans (1993-07-03)

Teeanger Of The Year:
Wetlands, New York (1994-06-13)
Reading Festival (1994-08-26)

Cult Of Ray:
Moe's Cafe (1996-04-22)
McCabes Guitar Shop (1996-09-21)

Frank Black & The Catholics:
Galaxy, Dallas (1998-10-11)
Slim's, San Francisco (1998-11-09)

Pistolero:
Metro, Chicago (1999-07-06)

Dog In The Sand:
Bug Jar, Rochester (2001-01-16)
KultuRolaget, Sweden (2001-03-01)

Show Me Your Tears
Starr Hill Music Hall, Charlottesville (2002-11-19)
The State, Regina (2003-04-04)

And after all that, here's the link https://mega.nz/#F!4tpQDAoQ!kHRDBzDpQ1A87oMSGG4pPQ.

Hopefully that works. I know mega/FB do some odd things with links, so if it doesn't work properly, copy the entire lot of text and simply paste it into your browser.
Enjoy,

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  23:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Benji!

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1871 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  08:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, thanks a lot for sharing.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  02:02:21  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazing, thank you!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000