New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  11:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Halfway through season 2 and enjoying it. Anyone else watched it?

Plenty of questions and not many answers but I enjoy the characters, plus the music is great. (WIMM features prominently in season 2).

Justin Theroux does a great job as does Christopher Eccleston, I only hope the show doesn't get cancelled!

Edit: For those who don't know about the show, 2% of the world's population just disappear in what is shown to be something akin to the rapture.

The people who remain are the leftovers. Why they remain and what happens next are the real questions of the show.

Edited by - Stevio10 on 07/15/2017 11:44:43

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  10:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like Lost, thought it had brilliant moments and lame moments. But overall two thumbs up.

I'm pretty sure season 3 is the last.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  09:03:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a twist on the zombie theme...

I'm not sure society would change much with 2% of the people vanishing. Some vacant jobs and properties, and presumably you're left with the majority of 'decent' and the minority of not-so-decent people, but I guess that's why I'm not a writer. Anybody else think it's worth digging into?

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2017 :  01:31:05  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the current global death rate of around 55 million people per year it would take roughly 250 years for 2% of the current world's population to die. I hope this helps to put things in to context.

edit. I have obviously grossly miscalculated that as if this were true then it would mean that it would take 12,500 years for everyone in the world to die if people stopped procreating.

Edited by - pot on 07/27/2017 04:06:06
Go to Top of Page

OLDMANOTY
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
469 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2017 :  13:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love The Leftovers, one of my all time favourites. Season 1's a bit of a slog (still really good) but 2 & 3 are just fantastic - it really stays with you. A shame it's over as I think there was plenty of scope for it to continue. No-one watched it, apparently.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000