Frank DimeADozen Torrents
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  22:19:19  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up that I'm going to try to get through a few more of defgav's shows that he sent me way back in 2010 or so.
I did pretty much all of the ones I considered "great" but have a bunch that have been gathering dust.
Will be trying to find time to work through some of the remainder and upload to dimeadozen.org.

Will post here whenever I upload one (hopefully).

No idea how long i'll last this time round, but hopefully will get through a bunch.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  22:19:51  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656440

Frank Black & The Catholics
Incognito, Munich (1999-04-27)

Lineage: Audience > ? > cd-r (low gen) > EAC v0.99 prebeta 5 (Secure Mode) > flac > you

Setlist:
01 Wave Of Mutilation
02 All My Ghosts
03 Don't Ya Rile 'Em
04 Abstract Plain
05 Kicked In The Taco
06 I Switched You
07 Man Of Steel
08 You're Such A Wire
09 So Hard To Make Things Out
10 So Hard To Make Things Out (continued)
11 Bad Harmony
12 I Gotta Move
13 Dog Gone
14 Back To Rome
15 I Need Peace
16 Ten Percenter
17 Steak 'N Sabre
18 Western Star
19 I Want Rock & Roll
20 Last Stand Of Shazeb Andleeb
21 The Holiday Song
22 Speedy Marie
23 So.Bay
24 Los Angeles
25 Sister Isabel

Notes:
Great sound recording. It does have some skipping - mainly in Speedy Marie. Uploading it as have sat on this one years and no alternative has ever been uploaded, so here goes.

My copy came as part of a very extensive (100+ cd's) collection of Frank Black and Pixies recordings I have acquired in 2010 from a long-time collector. Most of the Frank stuff has not seen much circulation, and I will endeavor to get through some/most of it in time. Decided I might try to dust off a few more that have been gathering dust over the years.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-24)

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  22:20:52  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656455

Higher Ground, Winooski, Vermont (2002-11-06)

Lineage: Audience > ? > tape (master) > cd-r (master) > EAC v0.99 prebeta 5 (Secure Mode) > flac > you

Setlist:
01 All The Tired Horses
02 Solid Gold
03 Gouge Away
04 Hermaphroditos
05 How You Went So Far
05 There Goes Nadine
06 Manitoba
07 Whiskey in Your Shoes
08 Cactus
09 Men in Black
10 Black Letter Days
11 Steak ‘N’ Sabre
12 Monkey Gone to Heaven
13 Chip Away Boy (cut)
14 Bullet
15 California Bound
16 Nimrod’s Son
17 Robert Onion
18 Horrible Day
19 Jane, the Queen of Love
20 Heloise
21 Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf)
22 Cold Heart of Stone
23 Out of State
24 Freedom Rock
25 Velvety
26 The Black Rider

Notes: Chip Away Boy cut. Beginning of Bullet cut by a few seconds. Small cut in beginning of Black Rider. Overall a nice show with decent quality.
A Trevor Ayer master, who in '98 was recording to tape - assumed this is the same, but I don't know for certain.

My copy came as part of a very extensive (100+ cd's) collection of Frank Black and Pixies recordings I have acquired in 2010 from a long-time collector. Most of the Frank stuff has not seen much circulation, and I have uploaded a lot through the years. Decided I should try to dust off a few more that have been gathering dust over the years. Maybe I'll get through it all - maybe, maybe not.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-24)

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  23:22:03  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656462

KSJS-FM, San Jose, California (1993-04-15)

Lineage: FM > ? > cd-r (low-gen) > EAC v0.99 prebeta 5 (Secure Mode) > flac > you

Selist:
01 interview
02 Old Black Dawning
03 interview
04 Czar
05 interview
06 Two Spaces
07 interview
08 I Heard Ramona Sing
09 interview
10 Brackish Boy

Notes: Somewhat awkward interview plus solo acoustic tunes. A little muffled.
Not a session included in my 1993-1999 Radio Sessions collection from many years back.

My copy came as part of a very extensive (100+ cd's) collection of Frank Black and Pixies recordings I have acquired in 2010 from a long-time collector.
Most of the Frank stuff has not seen much circulation, and I have uploaded a lot through the years.
Decided I should try to dust off a few more that have been gathering dust over the years. Maybe I'll get through it all - maybe, maybe not.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-24)

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  23:46:45  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656465

Brick By Brick, San Diego (2001-05-26)

Lineage: Audience > ? > DVD-R > flac > you

Setlist:
01. intro
02. Bullet
03. The Holiday Song
04. Llano Del Rio
05. I'll Be Blue
06. Calistan (aborted) / technical difficulties
07. Song of the Shrimp
08. Los Angeles
09. Mr. Grieves
10. Dog Gone
11. band introductions / frank rambling
12. 21 Reasons
13. Calistan
14. You're Such a Wire
15. The Black Rider
16. Gouge Away
17. I've Seen Your Picture
18. Hermaphroditos
19. The Marsist
20. Re-make/Re-model
21. Dog in the Sand
22. Nimrod's Son
23. Robert Onion
24. Headache
25. John The Revalator
26. Where Is My Mind?
27. Six-Sixty-Six (slow version)
28. All My Ghosts
29. Dirty Old Town
30. If It Takes All Night

Notes: Sounds is pretty hot at times, but OK-ish. Missing the first few seconds of "Gouge Away" from when taper flipped the tape.

My copy came as part of a very extensive (100+ cd's) collection of Frank Black and Pixies recordings I have acquired in 2010 from a long-time collector.
Most of the Frank stuff has not seen much circulation, and I have uploaded a lot through the years.
Decided I should try to dust off a few more that have been gathering dust over the years. Maybe I'll get through it all - maybe, maybe not.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-24)

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  00:13:00  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656466

Frank Black
Europe 1 Top Live Session, France

Lineage: FM > ? > DVD-R > flac > you

Setlist:
01 czar
02 calistan
03 interview
04 duke of earl
05 two spaces
06 white noise maker
07 interview
08 jacques tati
09 men in black
10 interview
11 ole mullholand
12 abstract plain
13 jumping bean
14 big red (cut)

Notes: Typical of a mid-90's FM - a bit muffled, but pretty decent overall.
Not a session included in my 1993-1999 Radio Sessions collection from many years back.

My copy came as part of a very extensive (100+ cd's + DVD-R's) collection of Frank Black and Pixies recordings I have acquired in 2010 from a long-time collector.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-24)

Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  06:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. I signed up to this site. I see your post on the site. Where is the file and where does one download it? I can click on "info file" but nothing else here is clickable.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  10:12:19  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Top left hand corner where it says "Torrent File" is the link.
Maybe they have a "stand-down" period or something where stuff can't be downloaded once you sign up.
I'm not sure.
What's your User Class?

Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  10:13:53  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have no idea. But yeah the top left corner is not a link. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  10:32:25  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try this:
http://wiki.dimeadozen.org/index.php/DimeFAQ:Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_am_I_not_able_to_get_dot-torrent_files_and_join_torrents_here.3F_Or_I_can_do_that.2C_but_why_am_I_not_authorized_to_post_my_own_torrents_onto_DIME.3F

This will get your status upgraded so you can download stuff.

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  10:35:57  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656514

Frank Black - FNAC Forum, Lille, Frane (1995-01-24)

Lineage: Audience > ? > DVD-R > flac > you

Setlist:
1 abstract plain [joined in progress]
2 headache
3 old black dawning
4 jumping bean
5 jacques tati
6 big red
7 duke of earl
8 los angeles
9 brackish boy

Notes: Frank solo in-store with an electric guitar. Crowd is noisey at times and Brackish Boy is very quiet. but decent overall. Reminiscent of old Black Francis solo boots, such as "The Dream Is Over".

My copy came as part of a very extensive (100+ cd's + DVD-R's) collection of Frank Black and Pixies recordings I have acquired in 2010 from a long-time collector.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-25)

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  22:02:24  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=656555

Knitting Factory, Los Angeles (2002-05-05)

Lineage: Audience > Minidisc (master) > cd-r (master) > EAC v0.99 prebeta 5 (Secure Mode) > flac > you

Setlist:
01. gouge away
02. hermaphrodotis
03. 666
04. monkey gone to heaven
05. how you went so far
06. i've seen your pic
07. skeleton man
08. mr grieves
09. if it takes all night
10. dog gone
11. los angeles
12. headache
13. robert onion
14. nimrod's son
15. everytime i go around here
16. cold heart of stone
17. the swimmer
18. southbound bevy
19. jane, queen of love
20. whiskey in your shoes
21. calistan
22. bullet [cut]

Notes: This recording is incomplete. The master minidisc ran out at 80 minutes, missing about 5.5 songs, including Joey guesting during the encore. Lyle Workman joins for Calistan - apparently the first time he'd shared a stage with Frank in a few years.

Enjoy,
einzack (2019-08-25)

Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  09:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx!

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  12:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
/de-lurk

Thanks for all your recent uploads, Benji (I commented only on one of them!).

I've finally got around (after ~25 years) to recording my rare BF solo 1990 Borderline club show from ancient cassette, and will hopefully get to upload it tomorrow night (GMT), all being well, or over the weekend.

I've only found one reference to this one on the forum (might have been you?), the other known Borderline recording being The Dream is Over, from a different night.

Here's my current info -- corrections welcome prior to upload!

quote:

Black Francis - Borderline 1990

This is one of the infamous Black Francis solo gigs at the Borderline club in 1990. I believe he performed three days in a row, 2nd, 3rd and 4th November.

My belief is that this is probably from the 4th November 1990 show.

This is a different show to the well-known "The Dream is Over" bootleg; that show, recorded at the Borderline, is dated 2nd November, 1990, and a supposed setlist for 3rd November 1990 appears to have a very different order to either of these two shows:

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Black-aka-Black-Francis-The-Dream-Is-Over/release/2849631
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-francis/1990/the-borderline-london-england-6b976a0e.html

Not gonna be great on the technical data, so apologies in advance: this recording came from a TDK D60 cassette tape bought at a record fair in Dundee, Scotland, in the mid-to-late '90s, transferred via M-Audio M-Track at 48k, 16 bits and exported to FLAC from Reaper.

Great version of Into the White!

Track list:

01. Tame
02. Cactus and Tony's Theme (segue)
03. Monkey Gone to Heaven
04. There Goes My Gun
05. Manta Ray
06. I'm Amazed
07. Dead
08. Weird at My School
09. Is She Weird
10. Wave of Mutilation
11. The Happening
12. Levitate Me
13. I Bleed
14. River Euphrates
15. Broken Face
16. The Holiday Song
17. Into the White
18. Mr Grieves
19. Blown Away
20. Gouge Away
21. Down to the Well and Allison (aborted)
22. Number Thirteen Baby
23. Crackity Jones
24. Dancing the Manta Ray

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  20:02:43  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DruggedBunnyToo

/de-lurk

Thanks for all your recent uploads, Benji (I commented only on one of them!).

I've finally got around (after ~25 years) to recording my rare BF solo 1990 Borderline club show from ancient cassette, and will hopefully get to upload it tomorrow night (GMT), all being well, or over the weekend.

I've only found one reference to this one on the forum (might have been you?), the other known Borderline recording being The Dream is Over, from a different night.

Here's my current info -- corrections welcome prior to upload!

quote:

Black Francis - Borderline 1990

This is one of the infamous Black Francis solo gigs at the Borderline club in 1990. I believe he performed three days in a row, 2nd, 3rd and 4th November.

My belief is that this is probably from the 4th November 1990 show.

This is a different show to the well-known "The Dream is Over" bootleg; that show, recorded at the Borderline, is dated 2nd November, 1990, and a supposed setlist for 3rd November 1990 appears to have a very different order to either of these two shows:

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Black-aka-Black-Francis-The-Dream-Is-Over/release/2849631
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-francis/1990/the-borderline-london-england-6b976a0e.html

Not gonna be great on the technical data, so apologies in advance: this recording came from a TDK D60 cassette tape bought at a record fair in Dundee, Scotland, in the mid-to-late '90s, transferred via M-Audio M-Track at 48k, 16 bits and exported to FLAC from Reaper.

Great version of Into the White!

Track list:

01. Tame
02. Cactus and Tony's Theme (segue)
03. Monkey Gone to Heaven
04. There Goes My Gun
05. Manta Ray
06. I'm Amazed
07. Dead
08. Weird at My School
09. Is She Weird
10. Wave of Mutilation
11. The Happening
12. Levitate Me
13. I Bleed
14. River Euphrates
15. Broken Face
16. The Holiday Song
17. Into the White
18. Mr Grieves
19. Blown Away
20. Gouge Away
21. Down to the Well and Allison (aborted)
22. Number Thirteen Baby
23. Crackity Jones
24. Dancing the Manta Ray

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]

Look forward to getting a copy of the Master-sourced version of the Borderline show. I have a copy, but it's likely had an mp3 step in there so it's never been circulated. So very excited to get the real deal!
And glad you liked the shows. Got some more to do whenever I get some spare time.

Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  03:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't make any promises as to the source, though it's extremely unlikely the tape had any mp3-input at that time.

I think I got my sourcing mixed up, as I now think I bought my other Borderline tape (same as Dream is Over) at the record fair, circa 1995.

I now think I almost certainly got this one via the Rock-a My Soul fanzine, along with the 1986 demos (link below), would have been around 1993.

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9420&SearchTerms=1986,demos

See 2nd-last post on that page for info.

Do you have that one, Benji? Just occurred to me that I should probably FLAC and upload it! I originally posted it as mp3s, and it seems to be very rare on the web other than that version (and ShakeyShake's remaster). Fairly poor audio but very interesting and apparently unreferenced in any 'official' accounts!

I should get the Borderline gig uploaded today and will post here.

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  08:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, here it is, hopefully haven't stuffed it up...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=657893

If it disappears at any point in the next day or so, don't worry, I'll make sure it comes back!

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  10:22:54  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mr DruggedBunny.
Just finished downloading the gig and look forward to giving it a listen later.

As for the '86 demos - I'm not sure if I have them, but I see I never commented on your original thread from '04 so maybe I missed them somehow. I'm sure I would have downloaded your mp3 upload, but not sure where they would be anymore.
I think transferring them as flac would be a superb idea - I'd love a copy in lossless format, as would many many others.

Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  13:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, I'll try get those done tomorrow, then. I definitely appreoiate all the effort you put in even more now!

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  13:13:40  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found my copy of the '86 demos. The copy I found is from a 4-disc rarity collection that defgav made up and I assumed were shared here.
But as I said earlier, would be great to get a lossless copy.

And I checked your Borderline upload against a copy of another non-Dream Is Over Borderline show I have and it's the same show, but you're is definitely lossless, whereas the other I had was a bit suspect, so many thanks.

And yes, it takes a surprising amount of time doing this upload stuff doesn't it!

Edited by - benji on 09/13/2019 13:15:06
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  17:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just came to say, I've now ripped and split the 1986 demos from cassette.

Yeah, I've got defgav's collection too -- I just checked, and the defgav copies are the ShakeyShake-remastered versions of my original mp3s -- his remaster was way better-sounding, so it does mean this FLAC upgrade will sound like a downgrade! Someone with more talent will need to polish them up again.

Just need to sort a write-up and torrent file and will get it uploaded today. (Saturday GMT.)

Realised while doing this one that I've got some technical info wrong in the Borderline torrent: I actually split and export to FLAC in Audacity after recording in Reaper... gah! Well, I did say the tech side would be lacking...

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  08:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, here we go... the 1986 demos:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=657977

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]

Edited by - DruggedBunnyToo on 09/14/2019 08:21:09
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  11:10:25  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish there was another option for this stuff besides this website, because it does not work for me. I'd love to hear all this.
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunnyToo
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  13:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funnily enough, I've just uploaded the Borderline gig to YouTube for a friend:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoiBDM4QMq3otZ3UUHmb-Eu__58CUBdXb

Hope it works!

--
James/DruggedBunny[Too]
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2019 :  22:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks to you too!
i will definitely download both of your torrents later.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  05:44:32  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot to both of you.

Have you tried a different software Trouble? Deluge works fine with me.
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1992 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  10:53:18  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=700046

In case you didn't grab this one already, I'm still seeding (and I need to boost my ratio so it's a win/win ;) )

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=698765
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=702911
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2021 :  19:54:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody have Vancouver 4/25/92 (aka "The Sad Punk" bootleg aka the "last show") in FLAC?
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2022 :  23:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=740549

The first few songs are performed solo and therefore at a much lower volume than the rest of the show.
After that the other band members join in one song at a time, pretty interesting format.

The whole recording sounds beautiful, but especially the songs with other members but before the drums join in, great stereo separation.

Most of these songs were from albums I listened to once and then never thought about again, but these versions of the songs were much more enjoyable than the album versions.

If you're a fan of Frank, you're going to want to get this, but someone please tell me what is the name of the song in the clip below, I can't make anything of it.

Frank Black

Showbox
Seattle, WA
2006-11-13

Soundboard -> DAT(M) -> CDR(1) -> AIFF -> WavePad normalize, split tracks and minor edits -> TLH convert to FLAC

01 intro
02 The Water
03 Los Angeles
04 Nimrod's Son
05 chat
06 Whiskey In Your Shoes
07 My Life Is In Storage
08 chat
09 Cactus
10 Headache
11 chat
12 I Burn Today
13 chat
14 Calistan
15 I'm Not Dead (I'm In Pittsburgh)
16 I'll Be Blue
17 Ten Percenter
18 The Swimmer
19 (Do What You Want) Gyaneshwar
20 Re-Make / Re-Model (Roxy Music)
21 ? [--> Living On Soul]
22 chat
23 That Burnt Out Rock And Roll
24 My Terrible Ways
25 Raider Man
26 Horrible Day
27 Nadine
28 All My Ghosts
29 All Around The World
30 Six-Sixty-Six (Larry Norman) - aborted
31 chat
32 Bullet
33 Johnny Barleycorn
34 Dead Man's Curve
35 The Black Rider (Tom Waits)
36 Sing For Joy

set time 1:47:30

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2022 :  00:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anazgnos

Anybody have Vancouver 4/25/92 (aka "The Sad Punk" bootleg aka the "last show") in FLAC?

i found a cd-r with a recording of that show in my attic.
the source isn't that "the sad punk" bootleg, though, but a video recording. not sure if they share the same source, or if they're two different recordings.

if you're interested, i can upload a rip of my cd-r.

this is the file that came with it when i downloaded it a long time ago:
quote:
Pixies, 1992-04-25, Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, 72:38

1. Letter To Memphis
2. Palace Of The Brine
3. Gouge Away
4. Rock Music
5. Stormy Weather
6. Velouria
7. Ed Is Dead
8. Monkey Gone To Heaven
9. Cactus
10. Here Comes Your Man
11. Dancing The Manta Ray
12. Manta Ray
13. Motorway To Roswell
14. Alec Eiffel
15. Weird At My School
16. Is She Weird
17. The Navajo Know
18. Mr. Grieves
19. Head On
20. Subbacultcha
21. Bird Dream Of The Olympic Mons
22. Planet Of Sound
23. Vamos
24. U-Mass

Audience > unknown video camera > VHS (PAL, Graeme Smith master) > VHS (low generation) > Sharp VCR > NAD 7020i > A/V out > Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum > Cool Edit 2000 > CD Wave > CD-R > EAC v0.95b1 > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 (level 8)

With Eric Drew Feldman on keyboards, the last show for quite a while

pixies1992-04-25t01.flac:d1d31aa5eedb39f4c46946bb731cdf62
pixies1992-04-25t02.flac:23be39a3eb1911fb350085d9ae4affe6
pixies1992-04-25t03.flac:7380b1e28071b1a9650416e6978ea8a0
pixies1992-04-25t04.flac:b0b6339c85d60377bef6b3bb31428a3c
pixies1992-04-25t05.flac:ee8ade413a708284be651c049f2d6fa1
pixies1992-04-25t06.flac:de709bb78bd13b4a98cbfd9162f6e6c6
pixies1992-04-25t07.flac:fc5a9e8f3b2d13ad08070ae7873a7662
pixies1992-04-25t08.flac:e83e336f9e2e9ab5f45910654b28379b
pixies1992-04-25t09.flac:84c9d830bf7d3fa790fc989b23dfdd7c
pixies1992-04-25t10.flac:0e4737eb74fdd4b2630385cec46cb3c5
pixies1992-04-25t11.flac:7ceaa614884ee499baa09fa46c1e0463
pixies1992-04-25t12.flac:761ddd265d67a9afccd3fb875f50448f
pixies1992-04-25t13.flac:72eb89985c760305d8a91a362112df65
pixies1992-04-25t14.flac:26d25069f7e03740338610a423279a31
pixies1992-04-25t15.flac:252faed34c4f1b4074fcfa9d1272f521
pixies1992-04-25t16.flac:14f3797f6633de68d0c3ad445e133a81
pixies1992-04-25t17.flac:9a4ddcf7292f07fe0d13eb23305a0f5a
pixies1992-04-25t18.flac:7ea97668558577b835a9ea699cd985c4
pixies1992-04-25t19.flac:e76fe5e2c12ecd3c55d4c2507ebcca71
pixies1992-04-25t20.flac:5ca7d63571a7249a4ad30bf641898367
pixies1992-04-25t21.flac:36649e3350883abe33796e63e015f35a
pixies1992-04-25t22.flac:2441f6c346c7f746fc29573f329870df
pixies1992-04-25t23.flac:4641b0292e7b5587f60624a39ff0d68d
pixies1992-04-25t24.flac:3d88f9ec4d0b0bbca43cb1bc3f767d0b

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2022 :  18:34:37  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

quote:
Originally posted by anazgnos

the source isn't that "the sad punk" bootleg, though, but a video recording. not sure if they share the same source, or if they're two different recordings.

if you're interested, i can upload a rip of my cd-r.

it's educational

Yes please.

Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2022 :  11:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here it is, Vancouver 4/25/92: https://we.tl/t-QscZBA0vkV

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2022 :  20:29:15  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here it is, Vancouver 4/25/92: https://we.tl/t-QscZBA0vkV

it's educational

Thanks a alot.

Go to Top of Page

rivum
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2022 :  05:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

it's my understanding that 'The Sad Punk' bootleg was sourced from the video. so, probably the same source.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2022 :  06:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly