Chicago 11/16/04 disclive mistake?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wavex5
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  01:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Call me crazy, but I remember the encore being Gigantic and NOT Hey. Also the begining of the set (La La Love You) starts differently on the disc than in concert. I smell a rat...

whitenoise74
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  02:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anything underhanded was going on, but DiscLive definitely screwed up. There wasn't anything different about La La Love You, you can hear Lovering ask whether "tonight is lovely lady night" at the start of the song. The problem is that DiscLive cut off the encore entirely!!! Kim singing Gigantic was one of the highlights of the show and it's completely missing from the end of the disc, which fades out during the applause after Hey.

This is absolutely ridiculous for a disc that cost $25 and was supposed to contain the ENTIRE concert ... especially considering that there is clearly enough space left over, given that they spread a mere 69 minutes over 2 discs.

I plan on complaining to DiscLive who clearly state on the disc's back cover: "DiscLive stands behind its products 100%. If there is any problem with this disc, please email us at info@disclive.com or call (866) NETBURN and we will replace it at no charge."

I am curious to hear what other people from the 11-16-04 show think...

Edited by - whitenoise74 on 11/17/2004 02:47:24
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  05:26:01  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would really complain white noise and wavex
this is unacceptable
complain your ass off

besides
I think they are reasonable enough to make new copies

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  05:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the same thing happened with the Fuji cd's...Debaser was completely left out
Go to Top of Page

govegan
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  07:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is really crappy for a $25 CD. I wonder if they somehow just failed to record it. That would be pretty funny if they had to solicit people who'd smuggled in recording gear in order to get a complete copy of the show. Unfortunately I didn't bring mine last night.

Would one of you mind typing up the setlist? My memory is pretty poor and all the shows are blending together. I remember La La Love You, Is She Weird, Head On as songs I hadn't heard earlier in this tour, but I'd like to see the whole setlist. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

whitenoise74
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  09:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talked to DiscLive this morning and they already knew about it. Apparently they are getting TONS of calls, as well they should. I was told they are waiting to hear back from their engineers and then they will try to figure how they are going to rectify this.

As for the song list, here it is:

disc 1

1. La La Love You
2. Here Comes Your Man
3. Cactus
4. Nimrod's Son
5. Where is My Mind?
6. Vamos
7. Mr. Grieves
8. Bone Machine
9. Is She Weird
10. Levitate Me
11. Velouria
12. River Euphrates
13. Head On
14. Broken Face
15. Isla de Encanta

disc 2

1. U-Mass
2. Subbacultcha
3. Gouge Away
4. Caribou
5. Tame
6. Wave of Mutilation
7. Debaser
8. Hey

and this missing encore of Gigantic
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  10:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitenoise74

Talked to DiscLive this morning and they already knew about it. Apparently they are getting TONS of calls, as well they should. I was told they are waiting to hear back from their engineers and then they will try to figure how they are going to rectify this.

did they also tell you anything about the Fuji cd's ?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  10:14:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a feeling that (presuming they were recorded and are available) all you will get are downloads of the missing tracks.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

whitenoise74
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  10:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They did not mention the Fuji CDs, but thanks for the info...it could come in handy when I talk to them next. As for making the last track available for download...that won't cut it. I paid $25 bucks for the entire show and they screwed up, so they can mail me another Disc 2. IF they even have the damn song recorded...
Go to Top of Page

wavex5
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  16:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just called their number, they are sending me another copy sometime next week with Gigantic.

They know they fudged, no hastle.
Go to Top of Page

whitenoise74
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  22:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes...they are sending me one as well. i must give them credit for acting quickly to fix their mistake.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  10:56:37  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's nice of them
I said it
they were reasonable
makes me kind of a nice guy too

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  23:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed them about the Fuji Rock cd...hope they'll reply. Should we open a different topic for the Fuji cd's ?
Go to Top of Page

disclive
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  11:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For all those who purchased the 11.16.04 show in Chicago, we sincerely regret the error of the missing encore.  This error will only affect those who picked up their copies the night of the show, all online orders will be complete.  To recieve your replacement copy of disc 2 that includes "gigantic", call our customer service line at 972-852-2876, or email help@disclive.com.
Please understand that this was a fluke incident and we are working our best to provide the highest quality of an instantly recorded CD set for everyone to be able to take home as soon as possible after the show is over.

We are doing our best to provide this service for fans and understand that it can only work with your continued support. Again we apologize and thank all of you who have supported us!
Go to Top of Page

Strothman
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  14:45:01  Show Profile  Visit Strothman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Disc Live guy, I'm happy. Luckily I'm getting mine mailed to me, but I would have been devastated to miss the track. I don't care how long it takes to get it, just as long as I get it :) very happy.
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  13:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by disclive

For all those who purchased the 11.16.04 show in Chicago, we sincerely regret the error of the missing encore.  This error will only affect those who picked up their copies the night of the show, all online orders will be complete.  To recieve your replacement copy of disc 2 that includes "gigantic", call our customer service line at 972-852-2876, or email help@disclive.com.
Please understand that this was a fluke incident and we are working our best to provide the highest quality of an instantly recorded CD set for everyone to be able to take home as soon as possible after the show is over.

We are doing our best to provide this service for fans and understand that it can only work with your continued support. Again we apologize and thank all of you who have supported us!

how about the Fuji Rock cd's?
Go to Top of Page

ejmoney
- FB Fan -

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  12:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the Sat and Mon show. The Cds were better than I thought they would be for having no time to tweak the sound. The encore was on both CDs, so it is obviously not a standard practice to leave it off.

I think you mean the Fugees like reFUGEES not Fujis like Mount Fuji, Japan.
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  02:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ejmoney

I went to the Sat and Mon show. The Cds were better than I thought they would be for having no time to tweak the sound. The encore was on both CDs, so it is obviously not a standard practice to leave it off.

I think you mean the Fugees like reFUGEES not Fujis like Mount Fuji, Japan.

no, I mean Fuji - Japan...the Pixies played that festival in Japan last July...I think it the last set of cd's Disclive sold before all the changes occurred. By the way, I don't like the Fugees :)
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2022 :  00:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moro

I emailed them about the Fuji Rock cd...hope they'll reply. Should we open a different topic for the Fuji cd's ?

did you ever get a reply from disclive, moro?

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1870 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2022 :  10:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice profile picture btw

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic