Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

olympus mons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  03:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love HEADACHE, but the backing vocals are a bit annoying. Is there an acoustic version out there?

into the mountains i will fall.
Go to Top of Page

Jontiven
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  04:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I'm being summoned once again.

The UK single has several b-sides (and there are a few permutations of the single itself), and one of them is an acoustic version of "Headache" recorded at the session that spawned "Oddball," "Men In Black," etc. Yes I produced it, so I should know.

best,
JT
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  04:44:28  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers JT!

I'll look into it...

"What sounds to you like a big load of trashy noise, is in fact the brilliant music of a genius"
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  05:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olympus mons

I love HEADACHE, but the backing vocals are a bit annoying. Is there an acoustic version out there?

The only other version i've heard is Headache (NYC) on TOTY's second disc

Edited by - frank black conspiracy on 02/08/2005 05:52:32
Go to Top of Page

Jontiven
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  16:32:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the same version that's on the single.

best,
JT
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  17:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it? I didn't know.
The two 'Headache' singles I've heard both sound like the TOTY version.

Like you say, there are a few permutations out there.
Go to Top of Page

Jontiven
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  05:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I say the single I am speaking of the b side of the UK single.

Americans have been denied the full catalogue.

I hope that clarifies.

best,
JT
Go to Top of Page

olympus mons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  05:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where can i get that single from? Has it been Deleted?

into the mountains i will fall.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  10:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are copies floating around the usual places here in cyber space. But don't forget to check the b'sides for the track.
The two i have include 'Men In Black/At The End Of The World/Oddball' and 'Hate Me/This Is Where I Belong/Amnesia'.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  17:55:57  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You know what, I thought I had all the Headache singles -- but I don't think I have this "acoustic Headache" version. I have the two headache singles mentioned above two years ago, but can anyone direct me to a link to a pic or track listing for this one Tiven mentions with an acoustic "Headache" on it from the UK? And what does the 2-disc Teenager look like, does anyone have it?

Is there anywhere else that this acoustic "headache" exists? Hmm...

EDIT TO ADD: okay, this is the fabled "Headache NYC Version"... I must find this.

EDIT TO ADD 2: I'm having a conversation with myself here, but its getting me somewhere...!

So I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-BLACK-Headache-7-PS-unplayed-99p-START-PIXIES_W0QQitemZ260128074992QQihZ016QQcategoryZ45541QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Can anybody tell me if this was vinyl only release of if Headache (NYC Version) was released on CD, too?

Edited by - langdonboom on 06/18/2007 18:02:47
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  19:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by langdonboom

You know what, I thought I had all the Headache singles -- but I don't think I have this "acoustic Headache" version. I have the two headache singles mentioned above two years ago, but can anyone direct me to a link to a pic or track listing for this one Tiven mentions with an acoustic "Headache" on it from the UK? And what does the 2-disc Teenager look like, does anyone have it?

EDIT TO ADD: okay, this is the fabled "Headache NYC Version"... I must find this.

EDIT TO ADD 2: I'm having a conversation with myself here, but its getting me somewhere...!

So I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-BLACK-Headache-7-PS-unplayed-99p-START-PIXIES_W0QQitemZ260128074992QQihZ016QQcategoryZ45541QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Can anybody tell me if this was vinyl only release of if Headache (NYC Version) was released on CD, too?

This post gives me a headache.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  05:37:31  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

quote:

So I found this on ebay:

This post gives me a headache.

Got me down.....
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for my rude post, L-boom. Feel free to cram something in my cranium.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:44:49  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe you can help me... and I can help you?

Its all good. I expect a little snark on my webboards!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:48:57  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Headache (NYC) was released on a Teenager of the Year bonus cd along with Hate Me and Amnesia. A grey disc with not much going on but the immortal words "Frank Black" and song titles. The TOTY inlay remained the same. Good luck tracking the 2 disc TOTY.

I can upload the NYC version for you. I don't know of anywhere you can buy it where the cash goes to fB.

Edited by - fbc on 06/19/2007 10:57:56
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:55:36  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dang. I gotta find that. I think it is actually the only FB song I don't have.

Teenager came out before I started buying the Japanese versions, am I correct to assume that this bonus CD was Japan-only? Thanks FBC.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:59:05  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you want me to upload it for you? DONE

Edited by - fbc on 06/19/2007 11:38:06
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:02:50  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That would be excellent, though completist that I am I will still search... gemm.com has a few "headache" singles but they don't say if its the ones I already have or the one with NYC version on it.

In anycase, yes, thank you! What form do you have the song in? Feel free to email me or whatever you can do. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:09:57  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's AIFF file (30mb). I'll send you an email with a link to it asap.

The only NYC version I know that's on a Headache single is the vinyl you've linked to at ebay.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:12:16  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aiff - excellent. Very very cool - thank you very much. I doubt if I'm in a position to send you anything frank you don't have, but don't hesitate to ask!
Go to Top of Page

Crackity Craig
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  12:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres a photo of the back of the UK 7" Single.

Listing John Tiven as producer & additional backing vocals by Sally Tiven!!

Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  18:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any digital copies of NYC Version?
Go to Top of Page

simibaby
= Cult of Ray =

405 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  06:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Do you realize the last post (prior to today) on this boring topic was SIX years ago?
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  17:07:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: