Cashless Society - The Great Reset
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2022 :  01:32:33  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey!

Anyone been to any festivals this year?

Are they all going cashless?

The one I planned to go to this weekend is apparently - as much as tapping a card onto a machine is convenient it's also part of the roadmap they are laying out to take us to a full blown digital social credit system - oh but "that's just a silly conspiracy theory and what's the problem if you just do what the government tells you?" Exactly

Serious question though - seems like a lot of places are going cashless because money is dirty and spreads diseases

I'm thinking about cancelling my plans for this crappy festival anyway as the line-up is pretty awful, it ends at 7pm every day and the jet stream has decided it's going to throw rain and wind at us for almost the entire duration of the festival - so I could be paying £50 to stand in a dance tent watching some guy from the year below me in school Djing and drinking beer out of a flimsy plastic tumbler that cost me £5 (that I used VISA debit to pay for)

It might be worth it to get to watch a small crappy stage collapsing on top of Glasvegas though?

Arm Arm Arm
* Dog in the Sand *

1034 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2022 :  10:04:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With rare exception I'm not a music festival person. It's too much, too scattered, too pricey. If I'm there for the main headliner I just want to hear them fresh not after hours of previous bands, many of whom I may not care for or be so unfamiliar with that unless their music is instantly to my liking it's just an "okay" expereience.

As for cashless I don't like things that potentially limit peoples's freedom and privacy. People's freedom? Peopleesesess's? Peeps.

Aside from most corporate websites being awful to look at and navigate, that they want so much personal info just to have the convenience of utizling the web for their product or service can be annoying. But why focus on that?

I'd rather just be grateful for the good in my life. Thank God!

As for cancaling your plans...sure, sounds like a good idea. I prefer local bars to festivals for new/local music anyway.

cheers
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2022 :  11:50:09  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Transport me to a stinky basement with black walls covered in tour posters and a bar open til 5AM right now.

Festivals are also cool but they can be nightmares. Last weekend was fun - could have fitted everyone there in a pub though. I left the main area and walked up to the top of the site and watched Glasvegas play Geraldine in the rain - I was too far for the recording to be even barely audible hearing the band though.

It was credit card only - but the lager wasn’t bad actually I’ll say that it was at least cold and fizzy.

It’ll be full steam ahead to digital currency soon now we’ve got a new king - he’s well in with the twats down at the World Economic Forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000