Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Charles announces new Pixies ALBUMS on BB6!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2022 :  15:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

I'm going to try to do my best and avoid the pot conspiracy bait - so great news about all the recording activity!

Just reiterating what Bill Gates said, although he won't admit to the fake side of things. Global mortality rates for the past few years show that.

The reason I'm mentioning it is because the Covid hysteria is still going on - and with all cause mortality rates spiking across all ages as a result of vaccine injury I think the cabal of western leaders who all graduated from the WEF before inflitrating our democracies with their lies and fascism might attempt to fake another pandemic using these numbers.

So as we head into the winter next year, just as Pixies release their new album we could be facing more lockdowns and restrictions on travel, which will surely affect any tours they might have planned.

No "conspiracy bait" just some uncomfortable truths. Whether you see it or choose to bury your head in the sand things are only going to continue getting worse as we head through this decade towards 2030, the target the UN and the WEF have set to "reset" how we live and it's all going to tie in with the green agenda. We can all look forward to the complete collapse of western civilisation in the very near future, and it's all being planned for us by people who were never elected to decide our futures, and sadly I think it's all going to happen because not enough people are awake to it or prepared to stand against it.

I'm not trying to put a downer on the news of the album release. We can all look back on this post and see if I'm right, which I hope I'm not.

There is a cross-national effort to normalize digital identification and passport systems. That's 100% happening. Here in Canada, it's via https://diacc.ca/. Their website is full of horrifying information if you're curious enough to look for yourself. And yes, it seems plausible that another lockdown or some new variant or disease/excuse will be required in order to get everyone on board. I travelled across China in 2019 and it's depressing to think that soon our societies will be like that one. I remember first arriving in Beijing on a sweltering hot day and not being able to even buy a cold drink at McDonalds because I was locked out of the financial system (there were no tellers; couldn't pay with cash; my cards didn't work, either).
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2022 :  02:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018837418

Dave also talks about recording a second record

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

Joey posting that today is their last day there.

They've had longer than a week post Cardiff show. So even with, say, one song a day, that's productive!
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2022 :  04:28:21  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

quote:

Joey posting that today is their last day there.

They've had longer than a week post Cardiff show. So even with, say, one song a day, that's productive!

I bet they got a lot more done than a song a day. Seems like they’re in Catholics mode. I think all those albums were recorded crazy fast. Not sure about some of them but FB&Cs was done in 2 days, about a week for Dog in the Sand. Exciting times here!

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2022 :  04:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly - but the Catholics didn't really do overdubs/ect., so I imagine the recording process is quicker than the Pixies, especially if Gil Norton is involved. Perhaps an extended player is more likely, or they'll do a follow-up session later.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2022 :  08:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Possibly - but the Catholics didn't really do overdubs/ect., so I imagine the recording process is quicker than the Pixies, especially if Gil Norton is involved. Perhaps an extended player is more likely, or they'll do a follow-up session later.

It'll be interesting to seen comes out of this session. Remember, there's a whole pile of unreleased songs from the last few years the band can revisit, in addition to the newly written material.

Was told "the next album" the other week but thought that was a throwaway comment. Not so sure now! How that fits in with the expected promotional schedule for Doggerel I don't know!

The last couple of records have been full band takes with overdubs for Joey and vocals, although the 'B Sides'/bonus disk for BTE were largely the band tearing through the songs in a single take. Some like 'Chapel Hill' clearly had a little extra work in terms of vocals.

It's a very exciting time!
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2022 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Possibly - but the Catholics didn't really do overdubs/ect.

Well, that’s kind of what I was saying . Catholics did no overdubs - none. Straight to 2 track. They were apparently working fast AF for Doggerell or whatever it’s going to be, then went back to record “another album” in a week just a couple months later. Reading between the lines, I find it hard to believe they’re doing anything other than just laying down live takes. Or maybe with a quick overdub here and there to fix a flub or add some keys or whatever.

Of course, I assume it’s not Catholics style straight to 2 track - that’s pretty hard core - but if you get a good sound in the studio and lay it all down solid and live to multi track, you’ve got everything you need for a ripping album that doesn’t need overdubs. Mix it, master it, and get it out the door. Instant Karma.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 04/12/2022 08:57:11
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2022 :  04:36:32  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They did Surfer Rosa in ten days. According to Wikipedia.
Albini later said that the record could have been completed in a week, but "we ended up trying more experimental stuff basically to kill time and see if anything good materialized....

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2022 :  16:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I do agree more Pixies in short bursts would be great….I’m also a bit worried about a quantity over quality approach here. Human Crime is a solid song, catchy but pretty straightforward. If the band is making more of those I’m not sure two albums is what’s needed. Maybe grab the best 12-14 songs that will make their mark, and leave it at that? I’ll happily take what Charles and the group provide of course, but I hope they stretch the sonic and especially lyrical boundaries a bit more. Guess I’ve said that about most of Pixies 2.0 though. BF is still prolific but more and more the words themselves lean towards the safe and sane.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2022 :  21:50:51  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Release everything!

Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2022 :  06:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also prefer quality to quantity but am not worried. If Charles had 40 songs going into Doggerel, I'm sure there are still a few left-overs worth pursuing (Classic Masher and Silver Dagger, for example, both originated from previous sessions). Plus, we saw in the Podcast how songs pour out of Charles once the tap starts flowing - it's very possible he developed another batch since Doggerel to select from.

I think Charles is the type of songwriter who can go on a roll - if that's what we're seeing here, we're in for a treat.

All that being said - I the Beneath the Eyrie strategy for releasing everything: a proper album, plus a bonus disc that doesn't have the pressure/pretense of being a proper Pixies album.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2022 :  13:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Really enjoyed that interview. Would love to go for a pint with Dave.

Top quote "We have so much material so why not keeping going at it -maybe even a second album. Charles is pumping them out"

Just on the quality versus quality. I'll definitely take quantity, I am not convinced slaving over and fine tuning has worked for them on some of the Pixies 2.0 songs.

Edited by - Sprite on 04/13/2022 13:37:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000