Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  04:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Until Frank finally launches Steak And Sabre we are left to fend for ourselves.

What are you eating these days? What are you cooking? What restaurants are you into?

Obviously (and maybe unfortunately) I'll start.

As a bi-vegan (meaning I'm an omnivore when I'm not adhering to a plant based diet) I find myself experimenting a lot. Maybe I'll share some recipes.

For now I'll say that this Lipton tea with a chocolate croissant from the coffee wagon by my office is starting my day off right. I quit Dunkin Donuts (and all coffee) last week (coffee will return, Dunkin may not), so I'm back into tea hard core. Green tea is my favorite, but this Lipton black is pretty much the most available beverage in the nation.

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  10:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tucked into two breaded cod fillets along with some broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas covered in a little sweet chili sauce. Will probably get hungry in an hour but 'twas nice.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  02:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got half an Italian combo left over from yesterday.

Not a bad breakfast.

On a roll with lettuce, tomato, jalepenos and the mustard.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  07:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Subway is closing 500 stores in the States.

Eat fresh while you can.
Go to Top of Page

Srisaket
= Cult of Ray =

Thailand
313 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  01:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Until Frank finally launches Steak And Sabre we are left to fend for ourselves.

What are you eating these days? What are you cooking? What restaurants are you into?

Obviously (and maybe unfortunately) I'll start.

As a bi-vegan (meaning I'm an omnivore when I'm not adhering to a plant based diet) I find myself experimenting a lot. Maybe I'll share some recipes.

For now I'll say that this Lipton tea with a chocolate croissant from the coffee wagon by my office is starting my day off right. I quit Dunkin Donuts (and all coffee) last week (coffee will return, Dunkin may not), so I'm back into tea hard core. Green tea is my favorite, but this Lipton black is pretty much the most available beverage in the nation.

Something like this....
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  02:38:40  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A monster plate of home-made sag paneer

Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1871 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  03:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rice and beans. Of course.

No. But I discovered hummus after watching some BF stream when he was on his Periscope spree back in 2015. I have it every now and then.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  07:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm eating a box of stale matzos.

Not the box actually, just the matzos inside.

But I'm assuming there are similarities.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  09:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got Whitefish on an onion bagel with tomatoes, onions and Muenster, but instead of Muenster the guy put on mustard.

I took that as a bit of providence and ate it without complaining, not bad.

That was this morning.

How is the bagel situation where you are?
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  10:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see that we're finally discussing the really important issues here at FB.net. As someone who takes her bagels very seriously, I'm lucky to live in a place where real New York style bagels are easily available. Every strip mall you pass has either a deli/bagel shop, an authentic Cuban cafe, or both. It's awesome.

-----------------------
Q: Where do Pixies keep their instruments when they're not playing?
A: Debasement.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  09:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great Jeepster! You're making me hungry.

What do you usually order at the Cuban café?
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  12:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, there's this great little place just down the road from me that's actually a food truck, it parks off the side of the road and you can pull over into the grass and get something. The Cuban sandwiches are fantastic, but sometimes I get empanadas or tamales instead. The people who own the truck are very nice and if business is slow they usually give you free ham croquetas too. If I'm tired I get a cafecito. it's a kind of Cuban coffee that's basically rocket fuel- very strong espresso with a foam made of caramelized sugar. It's so strong that the servings are about a thimbleful! I last went there a few weeks ago with my friend, we got sandwiches to eat in a park and had a picnic while listening to Teenager of the Year.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  06:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeepster

Well, there's this great little place just down the road from me that's actually a food truck, it parks off the side of the road and you can pull over into the grass and get something. The Cuban sandwiches are fantastic, but sometimes I get empanadas or tamales instead. The people who own the truck are very nice and if business is slow they usually give you free ham croquetas too. If I'm tired I get a cafecito. it's a kind of Cuban coffee that's basically rocket fuel- very strong espresso with a foam made of caramelized sugar. It's so strong that the servings are about a thimbleful! I last went there a few weeks ago with my friend, we got sandwiches to eat in a park and had a picnic while listening to Teenager of the Year.

-----------------------

Sounds like the best picnic! I can only hope you listened to TOTY on a cassette tape playing in your boom box.

Haven't had Cuban food in a while. I'm gonna have to look up some places for lunch next week.
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  11:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was really fun! Like the modern music fans we are, we listened to a digital copy of TOTY on my phone. she’d never heard any solo FB before and now she says TOTY is a masterpiece.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  22:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It was really fun! Like the modern music fans we are, we listened to a digital copy of TOTY on my phone. she’d never heard any solo FB before and now she says TOTY is a masterpiece.

-----------------------

It's great when you help someone discover music. I remember introducing a friend to the Pixies, and later, Frank Black. It's something that stuck with him for life. I feel pretty good about that.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  04:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

-----------------------

That's awesome! Great to see another TOTY fan join the club.

With the 25th anniversary coming up we should be sharing TOTY as much as we can with are friends that don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  13:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm building up a new TOTY fanbase, one teenager at a time! Although, I once tried getting my ex into Pixies and, to make a very long story short, he dumped me over it. Looking back, at least it's a funny story that all worked out for the best.

And back to the topic at hand: today I had an outstanding lemon shortbread cookie from Costco. I'm a little suspicious of the Costco holiday cookies because usually I make all the cookies from scratch, but damn, they're good.
-----------------------

Edited by - Jeepster on 12/11/2018 15:01:35
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2018 :  04:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds good.

I had some beef rib soup yesterday, that hit the spot.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  00:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ramen season is one of my favorite times of the year.
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  11:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Ramen season is one of my favorite times of the year.

Lots of ramen places popping up around here lately, I guess they're trendy. I went to one recently where you could get rolled ice cream and I thought that that was pretty great.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  04:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm grabbing some ramen for lunch today, perfect day for it.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  13:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I go out for lunch (maybe once a week), I rotate between poke, ramen and pho. I could pretty much live on those three indefinitely.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2019 :  06:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goat soup
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  10:57:01  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pasta Pesto using home made pesto sauce made from home grown basil *tick*

Anyone need any tips on how to survive a zombie apocalypse, I'm your man.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  20:35:56  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also made homemade pesto last week.

As for what I am eating, I am on an incredibly serious and restrictive low acid diet due to me having esophagitis. This is from 8 months of me trying everything, medication, lifestyle, even diet. With nothing working. So somebody recommended The Acid Watcher's Diet and I am trying it.

It is pretty hellish and expensive and difficult. To be honest, if it wasn't for the quarantine and having to be home all the time, I have no idea how I'd do it.

It did help my condition in the very first week but a few days ago I got worse again.

I was optimistic but now I'm not anymore. Esophagitis could lead to cancer and has for many people so I have been worried.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  02:49:12  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that. Did the pesto help? I hear basil is packed with all kinds of health benefits. I don't really know what foods are acid tbh, apparently milk is acid but I drink it sometimes to settle my stomach if I've got acid reflux?

Don't know which part of America you're in, but maybe get down the local medical marijuana shop and get some cannabis oil, or CBD or something. Might help? You don't need to get high to get the medical benefits, but it can be a pleasant side effect.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  11:51:58  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting advice but that is not really my thing. I have never done drugs in my entire life, I don't even drink. I have tried CBD oil and found it pretty useless.

Pesto and other foods don't help anything. It seems that nothing will help me. I have been to a dozen doctors. This is why I am worried. If a dozen doctors can't help me, who can?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  12:45:54  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe cannabis can help you. It's a medicinal herb. CBD is good for pain and anxiety relief mostly, but there are a lot of products out there that make false claims about CBD content. If you can't find a doctor to help you then what do you have to lose by popping in to a local cannabis shop (if you have one) and asking for advice? If you're worried about getting cancer then cannabis is well documented as having powerful anti-cancer properties, in other words can stop the development of cancer (and many other age related illnesses). Like I say, some of the medicinal cannabis oils that people take are very powerful, but you don't get high from them. They contain THC-a (as well as many other terpenes etc). Cannabis only gets you stoned when the plant is cured and the THC-a becomes THC.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  21:36:41  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I flirted with the idea of trying pot several months ago but ultimately chickened out. This is based on both experience with people I know who would do it all the time (and how it would just decimate their personalities) and also some sort of subconscious anxiety / uptightness / disinterest in it that I have no real explanation for. It's just not something I want to do. I am open to trying it once some day as an experience but even when I watch people in movies do drugs I feel kind of sick about it, or annoyed.

The CBD I tried had been highly recommended and it just did absolutely nothing, in fact I'd swear I felt in a worse mood after trying it.

But anyway I doubt any of this would solve my esophagus problems.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2020 :  03:31:11  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Plenty of folk out there had reservations about it, negative preconceptions and tried and then asked themselves: why didn't I do this before? Young me is one of them. Don't let the negative media stereotypes be a barrier to something that might enchance your life. It can be quite a self reflective experience so it's not necessarilly a social drug on some levels, but on others it can be. It certainly doesn't decimate anyone's personality. I think it makes me a better person in social situations, and certainly a few beers and some hash is preferable to no weed and the uncontrollable binge drinking that inevitably follows.

You've really got nothing to lose by just trying it. I'd recommend at least 2 or 3 times before ultimately deciding. It absolutely will not harm you in any way (but go easy it on it especially if you're eating it).

And as I say the non-psychoactive cannabis oil has powerful medicinal benefits for lots of things (and contains more cannabinoids other than CBD which all work better together synergisitically) and you will not get stoned from it. You'll barely feel any effect from it, other than probably feeling better. And of course if you don't have to get totally baked and sit around playing zombie games on the X-Box all day. Lot's of people microdose it, like me usually because I'm trying to make my stash last as long as possible.

Man I wish I lived somewhere like Colorado! Pot shops and mountains. What else does one need?

Edited by - pot on 06/13/2020 05:45:01
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2020 :  14:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a bit confused by your response. I am not referring to the media. I said I have known many people who smoked pot all the time and it decimated their personalities and I hated hanging out with them when they did it. This includes loved ones and people I am very close to. This is my opinion and observation so it's strange to be told it didn't do that.

The CBD I bought was far too expensive for me to try buying more. And it didn't do anything. And it was recommended. I'd assume "better" ones are even more expensive. I am out of work now. So I'm just not interested. I'm interesting in finding a doctor who can actually help me instead of lie and put me on dangerous medications.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2020 :  17:07:51  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FFS mate. Just go and buy a bag of weed off someone and smoke it.

CBD is way to expensive, and that's why I rarely buy it to vape. They are all rip off merchants here in the UK. And you pay top money for shit that's got all the cannabinoids, apart from THC which has been removed for legal reason. Fuck. Off.

Bottom line is, if you've got a medical complaint and cannabis might potentially help where modern pharmacy hasn't then it's time to get your ass down your local pot shop and ask the good people there. Maybe they can help you.

If you don't want to, or you do and it doesn't work for you then fine. Don't come on here and say stupid things like cannabis "decimates your personality"
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2020 :  18:17:29  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still confused why my observation of how my friends and significant others and various other people I have known act while high on pot is even up for debate. Were you there at these same parties and gatherings and dates? How can this even be contested? I'm honestly very confused here. Do you want specifics? Why is my own opinion on all those years with these people "stupid"? Do your friends act different when they drink alcohol, or didn't get much sleep, or feel hungry? Well mine do and they also acted different while smoking pot. And I personally did not prefer that to when they weren't smoking pot. These are basic observable things and my own opinion and I don't see why this is offensive to you. No one is stopping you from doing whatever you want to do and I am completely for pot being legal and I imagine it helps many people. But it's not my thing.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 06/13/2020 18:21:45
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2020 :  19:02:08  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to take any opinion you have on cannabis unless you've tried it.

Of course people act differently when they've smoked or eating pot. That's the whole point.

I'm just trying to help you. Feel free to disregard my advice and not try it even once in your whole life.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2020 :  00:20:47  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's an opinion on what I've observed it does to people I know who have taken it. And it is pretty identical across all the different people too. This has nothing to do whatsoever with if I have tried it or not. You can never have a drink of alcohol in your life but still keenly observe what happens to your parent if they are an alcoholic. Your logic about what sort of opinion one is allowed to have is extremely faulty here. It's an observational opinion. I'm not a giraffe but I can observe a giraffe and have an opinion on what they act like. This is just ridiculous.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 06/14/2020 00:22:05
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2020 :  07:45:47  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You don't know what it's like to be a giraffe though. I'm just trying to offer a helpful suggestion. Reluctancy towards something that might help you based on negative preconceptions seems a tad self-defeating. As I say, the psychoactive, stoner effect can be optional. Many parents give cannabis oil to this kids for things like severe epilepys, and the kids aren't getting stoned.

To make generalisations about it based on the behaviour of people you know is very short sighted IMO Take my mate up in Glasgow, for instance. He gets up in the morning, and most days the first thing he does is roll a joint. Then he sits in his house all day playing Left 4 Dead on his computer, rolling one joint after another and then eventually orders a pizza.

On the other hand, by stark contrast my own behaviour surrounding cannabis tends to go like this: for starters I don't smoke it with tobacco. I may or may not wake and bake if I have some. I'll get up, cook a wholeness, nutritious meal and then my favourite pastime when getting stoned is to smoke a little bit and go walking in the hills all day in the sun. Then I'll come back and throw a pair of dumbells around, do a few press up and have a bath. Then I'll eat something again and maybe put my feet up and watch some telly over a beer.

Plenty of folk do things like that, also sports. Most people don't see that behind their activity is a mellow high from taking cannabis, and as such are more likely to base their perceptions of cananbis users and cannabis use on the widely perceived negative stereotypes.

Edited by - pot on 06/14/2020 08:02:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000