Can You Find Frank Black?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I messed around with this yesterday on lunch and am putting it up today. There are 67 Charles songs here, irrespective of punctuation, all left to right.

Have fun.

Hey everybody, here's how my attempt to be California bound began. The first car I bought in 1999 had Los Angeles stuck in the tape deck for 85 weeks. I would sometimes drink tea while listening to the man's music, but java most often was my beverage of choice, sometimes with half and half. Man, I finally got the tape out and tossed it into the back seat, which were leather, designed by Armani. To bake in the sun sitting in the front seat was a bad omen. In black and into the white lights I drove the thing until something unfortunate happened. I yelled out, "That's bull!" Etching my name into the dashboard with a big red pen that I found in a bag, boy, I've been tired before, but not like this. The bad news was I didn't make it to Cali. Songs gave me a headache while I ate bananas, and then the engine began to bang. Stupid me, was this car gonna blow up, smoke up, or blast off? Maybe it was broken. "Face it now," I told myself, "Cali stands as far away as it ever has." Usually I like to drive, but in the time of my ruin I just felt dead. The car was anything but speedy. Marie sent me a text that just said LOL. I take pride in being a fast man, but when I looked ahead, carrier trucks blocked the highway. I wanted to wander, lusting for pie. In the sky I saw two spaces. Every time I go around here I need peace. Full of hate, meeting no one on the farewell bend, there wasn't even a friendly dog. Gone were my dreams, and I was not in heaven. "I gotta move!" I yelled again. Maybe I should pray. A little faster wasn't too much to ask for, was it? "Dear Jesus, was righting my wrongs, like if I had something against you, where I messed up?" I heard no answer, just the whispering weeds and the sound of space. I believe in prayer, in the word. I looked up to the stars. I looked down at the wheels of my car. How will I ever get to California? I guess I will run. After you've seen what I've seen, there's no hope, you're just a dead man; scurvey sets in, all alone, child of suffering. All of a sudden I heard a horn and a voice behind me, "Are you headed my way?" "Oh my golly!" I exclaimed. I began to calm down. To you it may not seem like a big deal, but to me, it was freedom. "Rock on!" I said. She said, "My name's Nadine." I wondered, "Is she weird? Even if she is, she's my way out of here." I paused for a second, and said, "My name's Schmadda Leeperson."

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  11:47:19  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You just spoiled the fun by telling us how many Charles songs there are.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  05:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

You just spoiled the fun by telling us how many Charles songs there are.

Sorry, yeah I thought about whether or not to give any hints to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  05:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked to see if there was anything like this already on the forum. Sorry if there was.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  12:02:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you're the first... the original. I like it.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

McDutchie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
267 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  03:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of these are hidden really creatively. Only got 49 so far without peeking...
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  03:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I think you're the first... the original. I like it.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Cool, hope everyone likes it
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  03:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McDutchie

Some of these are hidden really creatively. Only got 49 so far without peeking...

Most of the albums are represented

I could post the list of all 67 songs if someone wanted it
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2018 :  11:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is fun! I got 52 at my first glance. Gonna have another look through now. Good Job!

EDIT: I'm on 59. Damn you Bedbug. The frustrating thing is that I bet there are more obvious ones that I've actually missed.

"The arc of triumph"

Edited by - pixiestu on 01/07/2018 12:34:04
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  04:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixiestu

This is fun! I got 52 at my first glance. Gonna have another look through now. Good Job!

EDIT: I'm on 59. Damn you Bedbug. The frustrating thing is that I bet there are more obvious ones that I've actually missed.

"The arc of triumph"

Great job Pixiestu! I am very impressed!

I'm not sure how to give hints without giving things away.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  07:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got to 60 last night but I think I'm done after that! Maybe give it a few days and the post a seperate thread (with a spoiler warning) giving clues or answers?

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  07:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixiestu

I got to 60 last night but I think I'm done after that! Maybe give it a few days and the post a seperate thread (with a spoiler warning) giving clues or answers?

"The arc of triumph"

Of course! Perfect idea.

I'll do that in a couple days.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1220 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  00:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Bedbug. Been coming back to it every little while but I can't get past 61.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  10:29:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First pass through it, I only got 42. It's weird to read over sections and know that I'm missing titles but not know what they are! I think I'm weakest at the new Pixies titles and Black Francis ones, so I've got some review to do! Nice game.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000