2952 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2017 :  01:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping we get some deleted scenes
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2017 :  11:41:18  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's apparently a cover version of Julee Cruise's Falling by Chrysta Bell that came out during the airing of the series. It's not that good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNVR-YkIHHc

Nice to see Julie Cruise making an appearance in the penultimate episode though.

I expect the inspiration behind is complex and interesting. Plenty of biography material for when he dies, which of course I hope is not for some time yet.

On the day the final episode aired I erected two poles in garden, both different but serve the same purpose, ie. that off holding a string between each to hang wet clothes on for drying. I intially had three clothes poles in my rear garden, but one of them fell over due to rot so I had it replaced and the workmen gave me an extra pole for free so I erected them in my front garden, so one is an old one and one is a new one and they are both different lengths. I'm not sure if that means anything..

It looks like David Lynch has done an album with Chrysta Bell this year? I like this one. I liked her in the show, I thought she played a good part, even though I'm not entirely sure who or what she was in it. I like the David Lynch scenes the best, and the first two episodes set in this warehouse in NY with some guy being paid to watch a glass container of air...?

Plenty of scope for a spin of series in there I reckon.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  00:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Favourite scenes from s3?

I think all of Harry Dean Stanton's scenes as Carl Todd the trailer park owner were fantastic. Summoning his taxi by blowing a tin whistle haha. Also the whole five minutes of him sitting on a bench, admiring nature before Richard Horne knocks over a kid and Todd goes over to comfort the mother. Just a stunning scene.

Then of course there's episode 8 with the woodcutter strutting into the radio station. Horrifying.

The closing scene of the series... "what year is this?" Haunting.

And the "WILSON!" stuff. Fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHkKSy0c1w0
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  06:24:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Favourite scenes from s3?

I think all of Harry Dean Stanton's scenes as Carl Todd the trailer park owner were fantastic. Summoning his taxi by blowing a tin whistle haha. Also the whole five minutes of him sitting on a bench, admiring nature before Richard Horne knocks over a kid and Todd goes over to comfort the mother. Just a stunning scene.

Then of course there's episode 8 with the woodcutter strutting into the radio station. Horrifying.

The closing scene of the series... "what year is this?" Haunting.

And the "WILSON!" stuff. Fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHkKSy0c1w0

Too many to list. I am waiting a while before watching it again, but once I get the old Blu Ray I'll be viewing it regularly.

A couple creepy things from the finale that I've just been rethinking about, 1) the fact that when Diane finally shows up in the Sherriff's station she is wearing a bathrobe - WHY?!, and 2) when Cooper and the one armed man ascend the stairs, the jumping man from FWWM runs down them, and then when Coop and one armed man get to the top of the stairs they go through a door that takes them both outside and leaves them inside at the same time. You have to see it to get it, but wow, how crazy is this whole thing.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  06:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, the scene where Bobby finds out that the bullets that came through the window were shot by a father and son who could care less, and then there's a panicky mom with a zombie type vomiting daughter in the car seat next to her. That was insane.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  08:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Diane wearing a bathrobe thing - that's what Andy and Lucy gave Naido to wear in the jail no? Naido then turned into Diane with Cooper's touch.

Yeah that whole Bobby scene was incredibly intense. The incessant beeping of the car was what got me.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  08:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh also, have you guys seen this theory that Judy isn't in control of the alternate universe but rather it was all a trap set up by the Fireman / Giant? http://www.waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

Great theory!
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  02:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh also, have you guys seen this theory that Judy isn't in control of the alternate universe but rather it was all a trap set up by the Fireman / Giant? http://www.waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

Great theory!

Thank you for sharing that one, that was excellent!
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  03:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another interesting one that 17 and 18 are sort of in sync together. https://medium.com/@onantiad/episodes-17-18-of-twin-peaks-the-return-are-meant-to-be-watched-in-sync-81352ce38e8
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  14:26:03  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe all 18 episode are meant to be watched in sync.

Maybe episode 17 and 18 are the same episode and we just think they are different.

I don't really give a fuck either way to be honest. I made soup today using a giant onion, one of two who were given to me by last years onion club winner. I'm going to make another one later in the week with the other one, then I can call it Twin Soups.

Edited by - pot on 09/09/2017 14:26:59
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  05:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've heard the theory that if you watch episodes 17 and 18 at the exact same time on two different screens then.... something awesome happens.

Not sure I'll be doing that anytime soon, but I love that people give it a go
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  04:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New York Magazine / Vulture listed the top ten best TV episodes of 2017 and TP3 had the top two spots, with number 2 being the two part finale (episodes 17-18) and number one of course being episode 8.

"Gotta light?"

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/best-tv-episodes-of-2017.html
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  12:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a series huh? I must do a re-watch at some point.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  05:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished the second time through and am about to start the third go 'round.

The reviewer at NY Mag said the finale was so disturbing to him that not only can he never watch it again, he tries not to think about it.

Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1065 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  00:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not plot related but was listening to 'Surrender' by Suicide and honestly thought it was the Twin Peaks theme (for a wee moment!).

I'm sure Angelo Badalamenti and most likely David Lynch himself were influenced and inspired by Suicide, some of the music on their debut album is simply terrifying (Frankie Teardrop) and has that dreamlike otherworldly vibe.

Know FB is a big fan of Suicide and Alan Vega (covered Rocket USA) but I've only recently had a good listen. Any other fans?

Here's a link to the song for reference

https://g.co/kgs/98Hkzv

Edited by - Stevio10 on 02/05/2018 02:40:14
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2018 :  07:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Not plot related but was listening to 'Surrender' by Suicide and honestly thought it was the Twin Peaks theme (for a wee moment!).

I'm sure Angelo Badalamenti and most likely David Lynch himself were influenced and inspired by Suicide, some of the music on their debut album is simply terrifying (Frankie Teardrop) and has that dreamlike otherworldly vibe.

Know FB is a big fan of Suicide and Alan Vega (covered Rocket USA) but I've only recently had a good listen. Any other fans?

Here's a link to the song for reference

https://g.co/kgs/98Hkzv

Thanks for that, loved it.

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2018 :  07:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, I'm on my fourth time through season three, and if there is any downside to this it is that the series actually starts to make a lot of sense and is less bewildering.

I felt the same way about Mulholland Drive.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  10:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting ready for episode 8 again, and am preparing to look at it like Lynch's take on the creation narrative, beyond even Bob or Judy, but for the entire woods and the world beyond the woods, the stars and everything we know. Interpretive.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  09:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And now, after the Oscars last night, Kobe Bryant has one Academy Award, and David Lynch has zero.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2018 :  08:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The website “25 years later” has a snippet from a book coming out by JB Minton called The Skeleton Key to Twin Peaks.

The theory of the book is that Laura Palmer is the true bad guy.

Looks cool
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  10:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About to start my 6th viewing of the series. You can't believe how much sense the whole thing makes after you watch it enough times. It's almost straightforward at this point.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2018 :  20:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a good analysis called "The Broom is Not What It Seems" which deals with the infamous 2 1/2 minute sweeping scene and makes some good sense of it.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2018 :  16:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David Lynch says "more Twin Peaks is calling him."

https://theplaylist.net/david-lynch-twin-peaks-calling-20180623/

We live in a world with more FBF and more David Lynch, how bad can it be?
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2018 :  16:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
However, I for one am not clamoring for a season 4, simply because season 3 was so perfect that it really doesn't need any more.

But... if it were done right, just as Lynch would do it, then of course I'm game.

And, for the hundredth time, this is where the comparison between TP 2.0 and Pixies 2.0 breaks down. One was just as good if not better than the original, and the other was vastly inferior to the original, though still enjoyable.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2018 :  18:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe it’s in the song “Don’t Clip Your Wings” that reference is made to Sonny Jim, which of course is a character in TP3.

Is it future? Or, is it past?
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  10:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rewatching this. What a show.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2019 :  11:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Rewatching this. What a show.

It really is.

Watched it all the way through 6 or 7 times now. Read lots of theories and straight up dissertations about it. What other show / artist provokes / inspires that much discussion? And all about a little murder mystery. Unreal.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2019 :  22:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow this is crazy. A friend of mine emailed me to say he's finally watching Twin Peaks. So I got this intense urge to watch it along with him (not physically with him). So now I'm like 10 episodes in again. This is like my 5th time watching the series.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2019 :  22:31:00  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

What other show / artist provokes / inspires that much discussion? And all about a little murder mystery. Unreal.

I'd only offer Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and The Sopranos. Maybe Mad Men. But yeah, Twin Peaks, especially now with season 3 is still the most uniquely peculiar and intensely fascinating.

Not just on purpose too...Like I find the bad points of the show to be fascinating. I find it incredibly interesting to see Lynch's directorial touches in some episodes and then totally absent from other episodes. I find it really interesting to see when a non-Lynch director evokes Lynch really well, or fails at it. Etc, etc. I'm incredibly obsessed with Mark Frost and David Lynch's collaboration or anti-collaboration, where they both do things without the input of the other. Insane! As an entire work there's just nothing like it.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 03/20/2019 22:32:48
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2019 :  06:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

quote:

What other show / artist provokes / inspires that much discussion? And all about a little murder mystery. Unreal.

I'd only offer Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and The Sopranos. Maybe Mad Men. But yeah, Twin Peaks, especially now with season 3 is still the most uniquely peculiar and intensely fascinating.

Not just on purpose too...Like I find the bad points of the show to be fascinating. I find it incredibly interesting to see Lynch's directorial touches in some episodes and then totally absent from other episodes. I find it really interesting to see when a non-Lynch director evokes Lynch really well, or fails at it. Etc, etc. I'm incredibly obsessed with Mark Frost and David Lynch's collaboration or anti-collaboration, where they both do things without the input of the other. Insane! As an entire work there's just nothing like it.

I've actually never seen any of the shows you mention. Sopranos is on my list, and I've always been intrigued by how strongly fans feel about their Buffy. Mad Men does not interest me, but who knows.

Do you visit any Twin Peaks fan pages?
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2019 :  06:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've actually never seen any of the shows you mention. Sopranos is on my list, and I've always been intrigued by how strongly fans feel about their Buffy. Mad Men does not interest me, but who knows.

Do you visit any Twin Peaks fan pages?

Sopranos and Mad Men are practically the same show (same writers, same tone and in a lot of ways, same themes and structure and even humor and surrealness and etc), so if one interests you, you may naturally be interested in the other. Mad Men is brilliant and incredible and hilarious and I was insanely sad when it ended, because I haven't liked a show as much as Mad Men since that last episode aired. It felt like the end of an era to me.

I'm still amazed when people haven't watched Sopranos yet! David Chase (the creator) said Twin Peaks was the biggest influence on Sopranos, so that gives you an idea. It's a work of art. It's also hilarious. And terrifying. And sad and complicated and...

Buffy is an interesting one, as complex and thematic and layered as the others, but unlike Sopranos and Mad Men, it's not really showy about it (ie it can be goofy and funny and feels like a normal tv show, not exactly "cinematic" like Sopranos)...it has the veneer of a campy teen show. I was unbelievably obsessed with it for years.

But there's reasons why there's a ton of books written analyzing Buffy. It's probably the singular show about what it's like to be a human being and all of the tragedy and problems we face in our lives. Like I can really just think of Buffy and Sopranos as the two that are really about LIFE in every way. The writers on that show worked so hard making (nearly?) every episode highly metaphorical and allegorical and thematic...and once the show gets into seasons 5 and 6, in my opinion, it kind of transcends everything and becomes a singular work of art. Long story short, it blew my damn mind.

I am on the Twin Peaks reddit often but sometimes I get frustrated there and leave for periods of time! I posted a bunch this week though.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2019 :  03:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm starting Season 1 again. The pilot is so emotional. And going back to it now, after all these years and after S3, it's like a whole new experience and a familiar thing all at once.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2019 :  11:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah. My favorite thing lately about Twin Peaks is that it's always been this neverending loop. So when you finish the series back in the day by watching Fire Walk With Me, it circles right back to the pilot (AND EVERYTHING WILL PROCEED CYCLICALLY... (cut line from FWWM)

Now it's kind of the same thing, you finish season 3 and that also kind of works in going right back to the pilot. You just can't get out of the loop.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2019 :  00:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is really fascinating. Almost scary to think about.

I like the 25 Years Later site, and also the artwork of Rinaldo Zoontjes. Some great TP fan stuff out there.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2019 :  10:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim Jarmusch said TP3 is the best American cinema of the past decade

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiYWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmluZGlld2lyZS5jb20vMjAxOS8wNi9qaW0tamFybXVzY2gtdHdpbi1wZWFrcy10aGUtcmV0dXJuLWJlc3QtZmlsbS1kZWNhZGUtMTIwMjE1MDUzMy_SAWVodHRwczovL3d3dy5pbmRpZXdpcmUuY29tLzIwMTkvMDYvamltLWphcm11c2NoLXR3aW4tcGVha3MtdGhlLXJldHVybi1iZXN0LWZpbG0tZGVjYWRlLTEyMDIxNTA1MzMvYW1wLw?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000