New Pixies Get Radio Play
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  11:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was driving home this afternoon, listening to WFUV on the radio, and I heard Tenement Song off Head Carrier. After the song finished, the DJ said.....in a very sincere way.....'Looks like the Pixies are back." I agree, it looks like they are back to being a real working band. BTW, I enjoyed listening to the song while driving.

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1221 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  15:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My kids are at the age where they stipulate that we can only play 'modern chart music' in the car. Head Carrier hit #7 in the UK album charts on its release. It's all they've been getting ever since :)
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2016 :  00:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tenement Song is the one song I've actually heard on the radio. It was a couple of weeks before the album came out. I think it was Jo Whiley who played it on BBC Radio 2.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2016 :  06:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard it on BBC 6Music too.
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2016 :  18:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard "All The Saints" come up a few times on KCRW in the past week or so.
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  17:37:15  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's been getting a fair bit of airplay on the oldies station JJ and a bit on youth station JJJ in Oz. Community radio is all over it, this is the proper comeback album.
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  20:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Classic Masher" debuts on the Adult Alternative Songs airplay chart (dated Nov. 12) at No. 30, marking the influential Boston act's first appearance on the chart (which began in January 1996). The track follows six entries that Pixies logged on the Alternative Songs chart, where they rose as high as No. 3 with "Here Comes Your Man" in July 1989. The new song marks the band's first Billboard airplay chart appearance since "Head On," which reached No. 6 on the Jan. 25, 1992-dated Alternative Songs chart.

WTMD Baltimore, KCSN Los Angeles, KCMP Minneapolis and WXRV Boston are among the leaders in plays for "Classic" so far.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/pixies-hit-first-airplay-chart-since-1992-classic-221100526.html
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  07:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Pixies tunes seem to be in regular rotation on WXPK, a New York City area radio station.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000