New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  03:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really enjoying using Spotify at the moment, it made me realise just how much material FB has put out over the years.

And for the most part it's all on there. Oddballs, Frank Black Francis, Catholics demos that are in the box set, plus all the regular albums. Pretty much most of what you could think of. Plus there's a Pixies Spotify Session which has a few Indie Cindy songs and 1 or two oldies played live.

I think it's a pretty good tool for making playlists quickly on the go.

Anybody have any playlists they'd like to share? Or bands/albums to check out?

"The arc of triumph"

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5997 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  10:09:28  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got some Guided by Voices-playlists. Do you want me to send those?

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1066 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  12:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recommend material from Catholics previous bands, Rich Gilbert was in Human Sexual Response (and the Zulus - but yet to track down their stuff) and Dave and Scott were in Miracle Legion. Dont have any Spotify playlists but HSR tunes Andy Fell, Guardian Angel, Jackie Onassis rock. On a Miracle Legion pilgrimage right now discovering their discography, great great band. Check out The Backyard, Mr Mingo, Youre The One Lee, All For The Best, Snacks And Candy, Homer, Closer to the Wall, Ladies From Town, Sooner.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2016 :  14:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stevio10, I'll seek those out. I don't know why it hasn't occured to me to listen to any of the Catholics previous material.

Jop, if you can link them somehow then go ahead. Otherwise I'll just search for some Guided by Voices.

Are you still making music? I seem to remember there being a Surface Noise song that I liked in particular, I must have downloaded it from on here at some point. I think it was called 'A Poem'.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2016 :  17:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stevio10 thanks for those suggestions! Looking forward to tracking those down. Wow, what a trip through time coming back to the forum. Was never an uber member on here but sure did spend a lot of time reading stuff and following the goings on.

I'd rather be anywhere or doing anything
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000