New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2015 :  01:20:59  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://livzu.com/pixies-en-entrevista-de-la-crisis-de-los-30-y-como-sobrevivirla/ It's in Spanish.Can any forum member use mayble google translator and repost the english translation for the benefit of all forum members?

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

296 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2015 :  05:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

http://livzu.com/pixies-en-entrevista-de-la-crisis-de-los-30-y-como-sobrevivirla/ It's in Spanish.Can any forum member use mayble google translator and repost the english translation for the benefit of all forum members?

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

Sure thing. The Google translation is a bit clunky, but here it is. Enjoy!

PIXIES IN AN INTERVIEW: FROM THE CRISIS AND HOW TO SURVIVE IT ... 30

It is sometimes intimidating when the distance between you and members of groups such respected like Pixies is shortened and suddenly you are exchanging a conversation with Joey Santiago , guitarist, over the phone while you say "My pleasure ... It's good to talk to someone who has good telephone reception. " They let go a laugh, just laugh because I can not imagine how distorted his voice is heard.Despite the technical difficulties that characterize most of these long distance telephone conversations, is very nice note to Joey so open and excited about his visit to Mexico as part of Crown Capital Festival 2015. "The truth is that we enjoy playing … point. Wherever. But we know that Mexico will be very special. Always leave your heart there, it's never something you just let ... "

What the existence of Pixies is for music and the influence it has had on other musicians as the same Kurt Cobain, they are part of history, and the effects of that history is what I want to talk:

It has been many years since 1986, when it started and I would like to start this talk by asking how follow a band keen to keep alive all this time? I imagine there must be moments of doubt about continuing or not ... We know that there were times of conflict since the early years of the band, but then what has kept you motivated?

J: Actually, the answer is very simple ... You play in a band that takes you around the world, what more could you want ?. When someone decides to give his life to play an instrument, it's because it's his dream and that's the case with us. Currently we appreciate a little more that ... Well, we appreciate it more! It's as simple as that if you like playing the guitar you want to play at full volume! and want to play in front of a huge audience and in my case, once I reached that goal, I pledged to you would travel the world ... So that's the engine, that is motivation. It is the ability to have fun and feel like a child every time you step on stage. Really, that's easy to stay motivated! We have a great team, we travel to amazing places; when we do everything is a luxury for us. But now that I say this, I come to mind all that may not matter because the most valuable is that we are the 4 together. When we started we hardly paid, gathered money than we earned in other activities or savings, we paid almost by touch and we had fun ... That love for doing what we do is what keeps us here. We had a great time.

The band is about to turn 30. In addition to the maturity of which you speak to me makes more value being part of this band, what would you say is the primary difference between the Pixies in the 80s and now?

J: Hmm ... I guess ... we're not so stupid now. At that time we were a bunch of idiots who did not appreciate anything. I know that there are bands that become a kind of gods after separation and meet again. We know that we are not perhaps such a huge event, but we appreciate that we continue to recruit, keep your phone ringing. We were very fortunate to come back and then appear to pause or separation. We do not feel old because being in the music keeps you young ...

Many people talk about "the crisis of the 30". Do you think you could go through that?

J: Daaaaanm ... Imagine! If that happened, I do not know what the hell would happen to me. No do something else!Seriously, I have no talent. Maybe I'd sit and watch TV or ... Yeah, on second thought, could produce a band. It is said that "the crisis of the 30" people leave their jobs or have breaks because they know what to do with your life, right? Mmmmm ... A break would have if only began to hate myself for being where I am, just not a situation could endure more. Well, no need to have any particular age for it, but until you have a new career, I'll stay in music ... hahaha.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000