Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  21:15:09  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mysterious release listed on amazon.fr:

http://www.amazon.fr/Doolittle-25-Pixies/dp/B00NIUECT4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=doolittle

Anyone heard about that?

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  21:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hadn't heard about that.
this seems to only exist on the french and german amazon. just like that frank black "the complete recordings" 5 lp set.

my guess is that this is all incorrect information, and nothing of this will ever be released. the entries on amazon.fr and amazon.de will disappear after a while.
they must've heard something, and have decided to make a placeholder entry until more information is available. which will be never. i believe this happens quite often.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  23:19:17  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, St Thomas!

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  01:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:)

just my guess. maybe i'm wrong.
it seems unlikely that this amazon placeholder would be the first we hear about this.

what would the 25th anniversary edition of doolittle contain?
would it come with bonus content? it kind of has to. what else is the point of releasing a 25th anniversary edition?

what could they possibly add? i mean, it's not like they could get away with a bonus disc with all the doolittle b-sides, is it?
and what else have they got lying around? i always had the impression that there isn't actually that much unreleased stuff from the pixies. they released most of the stuff they recorded. or is that wrong?
maybe the doolittle demos + b-sides (some of those were doolittle demos, right)? still a bit poor, but i guess i'd buy that.
maybe they have a nice live recording from that time lying around, for a live bonus cd and/or dvd?

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  01:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they have an entry for the release on vinyl of "doolittle 25" too: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00NIUEC7Q

according to amazon, it looks like all the older albums had another 4AD cd release on 10 june 2014. weird.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  06:35:39  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd say the doolittle demos. Have they ever been officially released? On Minotaur maybe? Can't remember.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  11:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please let it be Doolittle in 5.1...And why did they never release a DVD of the Doolittle tour? Seems like a no brainer to me.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  21:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

I'd say the doolittle demos. Have they ever been officially released? On Minotaur maybe? Can't remember.

i don't think so. not as a whole.
some were released as a b-side though, if i'm not mistaken.
and they're on several bootleg releases.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  00:41:41  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Discoking, you can kiss my ass. Doolittle 25 is a reality.

For those who haven't received the mail:

Hello

We are celebrating the 25th anniversary of Doolittle with the release of Pixies: Doolittle 25 - an expanded edition of the classic album that brings together all the album's B-sides, Peel Sessions and demos for the first time, with nearly half of the tracks having not been commercially released before.

The 3 CD Pixies: Doolittle 25 contains 50 tracks with the original album on disc one, two full Peel Sessions and six B-sides on disc two and the complete album in demo form plus seven bonus tracks on disc three. A gatefold double LP version is also being released, with two pieces of 180g black vinyl being pressed - the first containing six B-sides and two full Peel Sessions and the second being the album in complete demo form plus 3 bonus tracks. A download card is included, offering access to all LP tracks plus four more bonus tracks. Track list can be found below this email.

Pre-order HERE along with an exclusive t-shirt bundle for a limited period.

La La Love You

PIXIES

Pixies: Doolittle 25
3CD Edition (CAD 3425CD)
Disc One - Doolittle
1. Debaser (2.52),
2. Tame (1.55),
3. Wave of Mutilation (2.04),
4. I Bleed (2.34),
5. Here Comes Your Man (3.21),
6. Dead (2.21),
7. Monkey Gone to Heaven (2.57),
8. Mr. Grieves (2.05),
9. Crackity Jones (1.24),
10. La La Love You (2.43),
11. No. 13 Baby (3.51),
12. There Goes My Gun (1.49),
13. Hey (3.31),
14. Silver (2.25),
15. Gouge Away (2.45)
Disc Two - Doolittle: Peel Sessions & B-Sides
1. Dead (Peel Session) (3.18),
2. Tame (Peel Session) (1.58)*,
3. There Goes My Gun (Peel Session) (2.18),
4. Manta Ray (Peel Session) (1.49),
5. Into The White (Peel Session) (4.11)*,
6. Wave of Mutilation (Peel Session) (2.31),
7. Down To The Well (Peel Session) (2.14),
8. Manta Ray (2.40),
9. Weird At My School (1.58),
10. Dancing The Manta Ray (2.14),
11. Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf) (3.02),
12. Into The White (4.43),
13. Bailey's Walk (2.24)
Disc Three - Doolittle: Demos
1. Debaser (3.00),
2. Tame (2.10)*,
3. Wave of Mutilation (First Demo) (2.04)*,
4. I Bleed (1.46)*,
5. Here Comes Your Man (1986 Demo) (3.07),
6. Dead (1.35)*,
7. Monkey Gone To Heaven (2.52)*,
8. Mr. Grieves (1.42)*,
9. Crackity Jones (1.21)*,
10. La La Love You (2.08)*,
11. No. 13 Baby - VIVA LA LOMA RICA (First Demo) (2.17)*,
12. There Goes My Gun (1.29)*,
13. Hey (First Demo) (3.22)*,
14. Silver (2.11)*,
15. Gouge Away (1.42)*,
16. My Manta Ray Is All Right (2.30)*,
17. Santo (2.17)*,
18. Weird At My School (First Demo) (1.53)*,
19. Wave Of Mutilation (1.30)*,
20. No. 13 Baby (3.07),
21. Debaser (First Demo) (3.37)*,
22. Gouge Away (First Demo) (2.08)*

Pixies: Doolittle 25
2LP Edition (CAD 3425)
Side One - Doolittle: B-Sides 1. Manta Ray (2.40), 2. Weird At My School (1.58), 3. Dancing The Manta Ray (2.14), 4. Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf) (3.02), 5. Into The White (4.43), 6. Bailey's Walk (2.24)
Side Two - Doolittle: Peel Sessions 1. Dead (Peel Session) (3.18), 2. Tame (Peel Session) (1.58)*, 3. There Goes My Gun (Peel Session) (2.18), 4. Manta Ray (Peel Session) (1.49), 5. Into The White (Peel Session) (4.11)*, 6. Wave of Mutilation (Peel Session) (2.31), 7. Down To The Well (Peel Session) (2.14)
Side Three - Doolittle: Demos 1. Debaser (3.00), 2. Tame (2.10)*, 3. Wave of Mutilation (First Demo) (2.04)*, 4. I Bleed (1.46)*, 5. Here Comes Your Man (1986 Demo) (3.07)*, 6. Dead (1.35)*, 7. Monkey Gone To Heaven (2.52)*, 8. Mr. Grieves (1.42)*, 9. Crackity Jones (1.21)*
Side Four - Doolittle: Demos 1. La La Love You (2.08)*, 2. No. 13 Baby - VIVA LA LOMA RICA (First Demo) (2.17)*, 3. There Goes My Gun (1.29)*, 4. Hey (First Demo) (3.22)*, 5. Silver (2.11)*, 6. Gouge Away (1.42)*, 7. My Manta Ray Is All Right (2.30)*, 8. Santo (2.17)*, 9. Weird At My School (First Demo) (1.53)*

* Denotes previously unreleased
The Peel Sessions were recorded on 18th October 1988 and 2nd May 1989 and originally broadcast on BBC Radio 1

Denis

Edited by - vilainde on 10/16/2014 00:45:06
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  01:08:03  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want it.

Pre-ordered.

Now wait.

Still waiting.

Edited by - hammerhands on 10/16/2014 01:20:34
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  01:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
omg awesome
booya!

how does one receive mails with information like this?

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  02:25:21  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think if you're on the PixiesMusic list, like if you put your email in to get the BagBoy mp3.

I don't have an email yet.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  02:39:30  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking
how does one receive mails with information like this?

I know people

Denis
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  05:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to "booo" this release. All these tracks have been released, and they didn't even include the unreleased 1988 version of "here comes your man". Weak as weak gets.
Go to Top of Page

musefreek
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  05:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Champ

I have to "booo" this release. All these tracks have been released, and they didn't even include the unreleased 1988 version of "here comes your man". Weak as weak gets.

I don't think it's a weak release at all. The vinyl version especially will be great to have. All the b-sides in one place along with the Peel sessions, all of which have never been released on vinyl before. Same for all those demos.

Look forward to this. Just hope they give the other albums the same treatment.
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  05:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Essentially all this is just a re-release of a few b-sides and the Peel sessions on vinyl, with basically no new content as a whole. Unless you are an avid collector of vinyl, this is an underwhelming release.
Go to Top of Page

musefreek
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  06:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, what with the resurgence in vinyl and all, collectors and Pixies fans will love this I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  06:26:12  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can you not be happy with this?
Not all of these tracks have been previously released - there's quite a few "*" there on that list.
Sure, they're all (I think - some of the demo's may be different?) available if you want to find them, and you don't have to look very hard to find them, but I'm personally very impressed that they're putting all of this together.
And the sound quality should be superb for these tracks as well.
Bring it on!

Also very interesting to see them back on 4AD!
Probably not a lot they could do regarding that, but still.....

Oh, and very impressed with the price. 12 pounds for a 3-cd release. So often these anniversary thingy's are priced so very high, but this one ain't.
Maybe it ain't all about the $$ these days...cough.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

Edited by - benji on 10/16/2014 06:31:42
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  07:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

Not all of these tracks have been previously released - there's quite a few "*" there on that list.
Sure, they're all (I think - some of the demo's may be different?) available if you want to find them, and you don't have to look very hard to find them, but I'm personally very impressed that they're putting all of this together.
Bring it on!

Oh, and very impressed with the price. 12 pounds for a 3-cd release. So often these anniversary thingy's are priced so very high, but this one ain't.

Amen. They can't please everyone I guess. Seems like a kickass release to me.
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  08:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

Bring it on!

Complete b-sides, Peel sessions release back in 1998, Give me ecstasy bootleg, B-side file 1-3 editions feature all these songs. And I doubt the sound quality will be any different, especially considering the Peel session release was an official release. It is redundant, at best, simply featuring a different medium. Hurray!
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  09:17:38  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There really are lots of morons here. What part of "nearly half of the tracks have not been commercially released before" don't you understand?

I feel like randomly insulting people today. That's what internet is for. Bring it on!

Denis
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  11:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm happy with this release.

sure, you can find most/all of these tracks elsewhere, but i'm quite disappointed with the quality and track transitions on rough diamonds (the bootleg with all the bbc sessions). this should be an upgrade. and it's good to get a proper release of all these tracks. personally, i much prefer that over a couple of dodgy bootlegs. well, i think i will. i haven't heard it, of course.

but that's just me. feel free to be disappointed.

bring on the next reissues!

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  18:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

There really are lots of morons here. What part of "nearly half of the tracks have not been commercially released before" don't you understand?

I feel like randomly insulting people today. That's what internet is for. Bring it on!

Denis

Well if that doesn't instantly grab you, I don't know what would!
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  23:28:34  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  00:36:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great price, great artwork, nice set of unreleased tunes (at least for the non-bootleggers)
But where's the first Norton-version of HCYM?

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

musefreek
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  01:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder/hope they'll also release an expanded reissue of Come on Pilgrim and Surfer Rosa.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  02:08:58  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
More interested in Bossanova and Trompe, I suppose there's a lot of interesting material recorded during those sessions.
Especially Trompe.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  05:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

More interested in Bossanova and Trompe

me too.

i might be wrong, but i don't think there is a lot in the vaults when it comes to come on pilgrim and surfer rosa.
i'm not sure if the same applies to bossanova and trompe.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  09:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

More interested in Bossanova and Trompe, I suppose there's a lot of interesting material recorded during those sessions.

We'll never hear those. Commercially not interesting. Those 2 albums are not popular.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  11:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:

We'll never hear those. Commercially not interesting. Those 2 albums are not popular.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Unless I missed something there was no special rerelease for Surfer Rosa, so I'd be shocked if there was anything for Bossanova or Trompe Le Monde, as much as I wish there was. The fact they did a tour specifically for Doolittle suggest this too will be a one off.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  13:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks for clearing that up for us.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  18:11:04  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay it's pre-ordered (the LP version). Well, I'm off to the front porch to wait for delivery. T-minus 45 or so days (not sure how long the shipping will take). If you need me I'll be camped out in front of my house.

My density has popped me to you.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2014 :  23:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

quote:

quote:

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

You're welcome ! I'm glad you got a clearer picture.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 10/20/2014 00:04:42
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  02:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

If you need me I'll be camped out in front of my house.

Shotgun in hand? At least that's how I'm picturing it. Definitely sounding a little crazy, johnny

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  06:06:05  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

If you need me I'll be camped out in front of my house.

Shotgun in hand? At least that's how I'm picturing it. Definitely sounding a little crazy, johnny

Don't own a gun, but I do have a few Fun Noodles I can brandish.

Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  17:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waiting my copy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic