Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmjk
- FB Fan -

Ireland
92 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  00:15:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can get these releases on cassette!

http://burgerrecords.11spot.com/cassette.html

I thought cassette format was completely dead.
Why, why, why?
Is it purely a retro thing?

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  17:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cassettes are the bargain of the day with the standard used price around 50 cents to a dollar. lps used to be the deal but the recent vinyl revival has killed that. i picked up for 29cents each at thrift the other day: Helmet - Meantime, Sisters Of Mercy - Floodland, and Anthrax - Among The Living.

record store day had a few cassette releases this year including that Green Day one that i didn't buy.

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  17:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
old tape players become demagnetized and need their belts replaced. a finely tuned cassette deck and a non-stretched tape sound great in a decent set up. so play 'em if you get 'em i say! i have noticed that vintage Sony Walkmans are fetching a fair price on eBay so if i've been watching for those to flip but haven't found any yet....the shitty versions were the worst at stretching tapes though with the super fast forward/rewind and sudden jolt stops et cetrea.

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1963 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2014 :  20:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've been playing around my region in bands and booking shows in town the last few years and a lot of touring bands have their music available on cassettes. A friend of mine runs a cassette label that I've put stuff out through on that format. Trippy.

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000