Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

koabac
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2014 :  18:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mentioned this in a previous post, but, for what it's worth, I had dinner with Kim and Jim Greer back in 1991 when the Pixies were recording Trompe and they both couldn't have been nicer, cooler, funnier, more down to earth people. Kim did seem kinda down on Black Francis' direction for Bossanova (not rockin' enough), but was very pleased with the new album they were working on - although, as we discovered, it's the album she contributed to the least. She was very open and chatty and I really sensed no real animosity at all towards anyone else in the band at THAT time. So, personally, I like and respect Kim Deal very much, although I still think she gets too much credit for the Pixies. Even SHE seemed to think it was Black Francis' band and she was just IN it, so, therefore, she was, for good or ill, at the mercy of his creative whims. Thus the Breeders.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  19:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picture of very young Deal sisters with their parents. I'm not sure, but I think the young guy whose face is partially obscured is their brother.

<IMAGE REMOVED>
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  03:15:11  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I fucking detest you.

Edited by - hammerhands on 03/12/2014 03:15:57
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  04:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

I fucking detest you.

Explain.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  07:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It appears that this photo was taken from a FB profile. I can't verify that it is intended for public consumption vs. a misconfigured privacy setting, but I am erring on the side of respect of privacy and removing the linked image. Please do not post images that are not clearly intended for general public consumption.

Thanks,
Dean

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2014 :  04:59:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

It appears that this photo was taken from a FB profile. I can't verify that it is intended for public consumption vs. a misconfigured privacy setting, but I am erring on the side of respect of privacy and removing the linked image. Please do not post images that are not clearly intended for general public consumption.

Thanks,
Dean

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

You're the mod, so you're the boss. That said, any FB profile that is wide open can be assumed to be for public consumption. It's not like I stole the image.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2014 :  06:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ur a criminal

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts