Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

ruzom
= Cult of Ray =

France
267 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  01:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmm, maybe for The Scene? That kind of order where "the" doesn't count?
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  19:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1965

BLACK GOLD

Courtesy of M Lemhouse via fb.

I have the key to #902

Black Gold would have been a great title for the boxset....can't wait for this. i just hope the price is <right>. ie. high enough that resellers won't be tempted to buy x amount of copies and screw the real fans but low enough that i still feel like i got my money's worth. 13 vinyl is kinda scary - if they go 180 gram its gonna cost $80 in shipping alone.....
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  11:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can see them not doing vinyl for this. I've been bracing myself for the no-doubt huge price tag on a 13xLP set. Given both options, I can see myself opting for the CD set instead.

I'm definitely up for Oddballs and the Violet Clark record, though.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  13:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With a Catholics Box set AND a new Pixies album in the works 2013 is shaping up to be a mindblowing year!
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  17:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matto

note the "& maybe vinyl":

http://thebureaurecords.com/
Coming Soon
15 Mar 2013
Frank Black “Oddballs” re-release (CD & Vinyl) Frank Black and the Catholics Box Set (CD & maybe Vinyl) Violet Clark “Interesting Parties” EP (CD & Vinyl) We’ll post some hard information here soon. Pinky swear.

sminki pinki

that must have been updated today. i was there last night and it was still black background........

maybe vinyl? that's contradictory to all previous "announcements". i saw the oddballs thing last night and thought that must have been old cause i couldn't make sense of the order that everything was posted. if new, that's cool i guess. the day of getting $60 for the cd on eBay is over thank fuck....there's one still listed for that price too haha.

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  18:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
listened to oddballs today, obsesses over "announcement," gonna go dig up an old thread...

------------------------------
they were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Go to Top of Page

tisasawath
= Cult of Ray =

Wallis and Futuna Islands
783 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  22:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes! got a live version from some kind soul here, and that opening with the guitar solo is pure bliss.
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  08:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coordinating quality control on a 13 LP set would have to be a nightmare, I can see why they're balking. The Beatles box set (the ones pressed in the US at least) had countless issues, and they're the Beatles. Would probably make more sense to just re-press (or just press in most cases) the individual albums separately.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  19:25:47  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anazgnos

Coordinating quality control on a 13 LP set would have to be a nightmare, I can see why they're balking. The Beatles box set (the ones pressed in the US at least) had countless issues, and they're the Beatles. Would probably make more sense to just re-press (or just press in most cases) the individual albums separately.

You've got a good point. Vinyl is a finicky medium for sure, but not unmanageable for a good manufacturer. Hell, it's been a standard for 70 years or so. I have one of those Beatles Box sets and it is flawless front to back. I hadn't heard of issues but I assume they must exist.

Anyway, the main concern for something like a Catholics box set is figuring out a way to make at least some money on it. The production costs are astronomical for limited runs, and very VERY few people would buy such a set. I'm one. There's maybe a handful of fans on even this uberfan site that would buck up for it. It might not be worth it for them.

God help me - actually, God strike me dead before it comes out - if they do follow through on the vinyl, I'll pick it up no matter the cost. It's all about NPV (net present value) though, and if that number is negative, it won't happen. Fingers crossed...

Ayerigvlagabriga-Raraaaargh!-Rumbahl-Jumbahl!

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 03/16/2013 19:27:23
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  19:48:31  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And by the way anazgnos, I would shit my pants with joy if they just pressed the albums separately like you said and abandoned the whole alphabetical nonsense. My wallet is always open for FBF though. Bastard....

Ayerigvlagabriga-Raraaaargh!-Rumbahl-Jumbahl!
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  12:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New picture of the box set from BF's Instagram. Booklet seems to reinforce the alphabetical order.

http://instagram.com/p/XnX7s1SE4G/

Edited by - Ziggy on 04/02/2013 12:46:09
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  12:58:59  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
now that the possibility exists of there not being a vinyl release, i'm actually relieved. there's no way i'd be ale to afford it, and now i don't have to figure out how to pay for it and convince my wife it's worth it.

AND, i'm not sure why, but the alphabetical theme seems all the more appealing. i don't want to just re-buy the albums on cd after all. so i'll get all catholics songs remastered and in a tasty new order, like alphbits cereal.

Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  18:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

New picture of the box set from BF's Instagram. Booklet seems to reinforce the alphabetical order.

http://instagram.com/p/XnX7s1SE4G/

That looks so cool. This is going to be really nice.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  11:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://instagram.com/p/YIghfoyE3a/
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  11:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that one of his own paintings?
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  17:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fuck i hope for vinyl....got a decent tax return on its way....nothing better than a 13lp vinyl set to piss that away i'm sure, haha.

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  01:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is this thing coming out? Track listing? Red letter days? Some live show recordings to accompany? Catholics renion shows in Boston/NYC??
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  16:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here boxxy boxxy! here boy! where the fuck?

"Fundamentally, all writing is about the same thing; it's about dying, about the brief flicker of time we have here, and the frustration that it creates.
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  18:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I smell a box set announcement on the way. This was just posted to Facebook by The Bureau:

Download a free and unheard Frank Black and the Catholics song. And watch this space...

http://www.pledgemusic.com/widgets/7473
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  21:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the heads-up!

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  10:07:07  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks. good to see some movement on this after what seems like years of nothing...
oh wait, it has been years.....

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  12:17:42  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great version. Sends shivers down my spine.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  13:07:22  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the song?
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  01:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

What is the song?

Frank Black and the Catholics
Angst (acoustic demo)

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  01:51:46  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a solo acoustic demo actually but it's really cool

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  07:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My, that was great. If all he ever did was release acoustic demos I'd be happy. Wish he'd make them available through his own site like Kristin Hersh does.

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2014 :  15:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this reminds me of that solo acoustic one he did where he attempted Song of the Shrimp en francais.

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2014 :  03:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is a FB&C's studio version of 'Some Things' and if it will be included on the boxset? Same with 'Belle Isle'. And will both versions of 'I Will Run After You' be included? (from SSMVGD and BLD)
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2014 :  22:09:08  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe they tried Some Things during the recording of DW

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  01:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where the hell is this boxed set anyway?
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  01:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pic of it here:

www.pledgemusic.com/widgets/7473
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  01:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does no one care anymore?
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  04:20:37  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I care. I care enough that I try not and think about it.

That's how I deal with most things.

Edited by - hammerhands on 08/03/2014 04:20:56
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  19:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I care, but there's only so much to say about an unreleased box set. Frank posted pics of the artwork to Instagram probably over a year ago. Knowledge of its alphabetical tracklist came out, and was discussed here, over two years ago. And that's all we know. Until the thing's in my hands, I got nothin' more to say.
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  20:23:21  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason

I care, but there's only so much to say about an unreleased box set. Frank posted pics of the artwork to Instagram probably over a year ago. Knowledge of its alphabetical tracklist came out, and was discussed here, over two years ago. And that's all we know. Until the thing's in my hands, I got nothin' more to say.

except for what was just said.

i can't even muster up the strength to type "i have nothing to say."

or do I?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000