Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 change email in profile
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  03:22:18  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I've asked this before, but I can't find the old thread on it.

Every time I try to change my email address in my profile to my new one, I get the following error after clicking submit:

There Was A Problem With Your Details

* Your request was not sent due to the following error: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

Anyone know how I can change my email?

-------

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  08:39:53  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This isn't a problem with yours at all, just the server in general. They've disabled the form mail and I have yet to learn enough PERL to find a way around it. This hampers our registration process, emails to members and everything except emails to me, the news submission, or the podcast (emails to this domain are allowed). I can change it manually if you'd like but with the system being what it is, I don't think there's much point.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  06:44:41  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry - just picked this up. Thanks, Dean. No need to correct it if people can't mail me anyway.

As always - thanks for keeping the place going!
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  07:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm working on fixing the email problem. should be up and running soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000