New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mad Lucas
- FB Fan -

Australia
142 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  05:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded an interview with Frank, about the release of his first album. The film cuts in, and I gather that he is talking about the Pixies break-up. He refers to someone as 'Mother' which I gather is not actually his mother, and he also talks about a secret society of Indie rock, deciding that it was time for him to move on.
Excuse me if this is obvious, but what the hell is he talking about?

I was only reminded of this because he talked about the 'Powers that be' in the recent MTV interview, which he also talks about in this old interview.

The Organic Anti-Beat Box Boy

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  05:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Right now I am in a hurry, so I can't look it up, but I remember watching a video clip of that interview. It was filmed around the time of the yellow/orange album.

I wonder if you did a search for interviews or video or even the quote you gave... it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Mad Lucas
- FB Fan -

Australia
142 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  05:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic's on fire

The Organic Anti-Beat Box Boy
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  10:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Itīs reverse psychology. By telling people about S.I.S. (Secret Indie Society), everyone declares it as the usual Frank Black interview prank and laughs it off. And so S.I.S. remains, safely, in the shadows. What better way to lie than to ocasionaly tell the truth and leave everyone guessing?
Go to Top of Page

neo
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  13:39:15  Show Profile  Visit neo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you mean this:

http://broszkowski.com/tv/pixies/fb_city.wmv

http://broszkowski.com/tv/tv.html

i remember seeing this on tv when it first aired. you gotta read between the lines, wink wink nudge nudge.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?
Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
514 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2004 :  05:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah thats pretty amusing, i get the impression he is pulling the interviewer's chain and dodging the question. Cool interview.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2004 :  05:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Secret Indie Society? That should only be known by those who went on the fishing trip with Frank...

"You ever seen a man say goodbye to a shoe?"
"Yes, once..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000