Alternative on VH1Classic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  08:46:10  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else seen this show yet? I'm watching it now and they just played a Sugar video followed by a Pixies video. I think I'm going to try to watch this show more often. VH1Classic in general is pretty damn good they're definately the best of the music channels I've seen here lately.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  20:09:18  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope - haven't seen it. I will try to check it out, though. Couldn't stand to see a topic slide off the page without a single reply.

*festoon*
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  20:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone remeber (or have) that BF interview on VH1 circa 1990 or so? it was at the Franklin Bridge in Los Feliz. every time i drive by there now i think of that.

it was pretty funny. i remember the camera work was really annoying. like, they kept moving and shaking the camera (i guess trying to be cool and artsy) so you could never really see him or the interviewer.

at one point in the interview, Frank just goes "look, there's a cow mutilation!" and points off in the distance.

the interviewer didn't really think it was funny, and actually seemed kind of weirded out. .

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  06:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently Black Francis was mentioned on "I Love the 90's, 1991".

1. I am a fsh with no i's.
2. You must be wearing Zubaz, 'cause you're daring to be different.
3. I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  08:28:31  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah he was, I've been watching I love the 90s all week something about these shows just sucks me right in. This set of shows isn't quite as good as the others though.

-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  09:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did they say much?
Of course not, it's mainstream TV...but I have to ask anyway.

1. I am a fsh with no i's.
2. You must be wearing Zubaz, 'cause you're daring to be different.
3. I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.

Edited by - The Calistanian on 07/16/2004 09:32:27
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  09:38:13  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing at all really they have a thing on each episode where Liz Phair picks the "Hot dirty rockers" of each year or something and for 90 one of her picks was Black Francis "Dirty pixies rocker."

-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  09:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WolfManMikeLonely

Nothing at all really they have a thing on each episode where Liz Phair picks the "Hot dirty rockers" of each year or something and for 90 one of her picks was Black Francis "Dirty pixies rocker."

-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net

That Phair segment is the highpoint for me (damn she looks good) but I have't caught the BF one yet. Deluxe!
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  16:34:31  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Frank and Liz both have songs called "Headache." Coincidence? Conspiracy? Something involving manta rays?

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000