For collectors...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  12:14:05  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

For those of you who like lovely items, the 4 Pixies albums (Pilgrim together with Surfer) will soon be re-released in Japan as limited edition CDs in card sleeves (with complete with OBIs).

No bonus tracks, so this is only for collectors.

The release date is June 23rd, so you still have time to recover from your recent expenses.

You can already pre-order them with Esprit, in UK, but they are very expensive. It might be better to directly order them from a Japanese seller. cdjapan.co.jp doesn't have them yet, but hmv.co.jp does.

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  12:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what are/is OBI's?
Go to Top of Page

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  12:24:04  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

The paper strips that usually appear on the left side of japanese releases. Some information about the band/CD is written on it, and they are very sought after by collectors of Japanese releases.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  12:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So there is going to be no difference in these and the originals, except the obis?
Go to Top of Page

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  13:01:35  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well, they will look like mini LPs, with these cardboard sleeves. It is possible that they are re-mastered especially for the Japanese release, but nothing has been announced about this.
Go to Top of Page

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  13:10:22  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Here is an example of how they may look like (taken from ebay):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4007800142&rd=1

I have already some from the Velvet Underground and The Kinks, and they look great.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  00:21:44  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brickisred

Here is an example of how they may look like (taken from ebay):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4007800142&rd=1

I have already some from the Velvet Underground and The Kinks, and they look great.

wow, the new pixies cd is titled 'David Bowie'? Great!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  06:38:28  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can we add this answer to the jo-bingo please?

the Pixies reissues in Japan will NOT be remastered :)

ta
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  06:40:38  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They did this recently with Beatles CDs in Japan. My friend asked if I wanted to buy his Beatles collection and when I asked why he said that they are all being rereleased in Japan and remastered to a qualtiy more excellent than anythng we have here in the states. This guy loves his sound system and what he plays through it. This may be the same kind of remaster thing with these Pixies CDs.

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000