New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

overmilkwood
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  23:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

i thought it would be fun to start a thread about fans' road-trips to get to the pixies shows! you know that with so few north american dates people must be travelling to see the shows! let's share our cross country pixie trips. :)

i'm doing a road trip in order to see the pixies on april 28 in eugene oregon. i live in boulder, colorado. you do the math and it's an 18-21 hour drive. and it gets better. i'm in college and the concert is during the last week of classes. my boyfriend is a film major who has to finish his final film for a class. he can't leave until he's finished sound-mixing it at 9 p.m the DAY BEFORE the concert. we're hitting the road at 9:30 at night and driving all night and day to arrive at the show like one hour before the doors open! because that's how much we love the pixies.

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  00:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's commitment. I drove alone for 5 hours to see them in Minneapolis. I bought my ticket from a guy who came with his wife and sister-in-law all the way from Rhode Island for the one show. He had to leave 6 hours after it ended to get back for work. He said that it was 18+ hours, maybe 20 something. Anyway, my road trip was fun. Listened to every Pixies studio album, the B-sides CD, and then a Built to Spill CD (it's a tradition to listen to something other than the band you're about to see right before you see them for me). And I drove home right after the concert too. 10 hours of driving out of 18 hours in time. Alone. But it was worth it.
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  01:59:35  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are traveling by bus, boat, plane and car to see the Pixies. We tried to work in a train too, but it didn't fit the schedule :-( We're going to 5 shows: Victoria, Thursday Vancouver, Spokane, Tuesday Eugene, and Davis. This is a big vacation for us! We don't have a car, but I insisted we do part of it as a real road trip. We're renting one and driving from Seattle (home) to Eugene to Davis. You got to have a road trip following a band around! That's a 16 hour drive. We have a friend in the Bay Area we're picking up for the Davis show and will stay with for a few days after the show. It'll be our first trip to San Francisco. It's not the roughest, cheapest or fastest road trip, but we've done a lot of that in the past. We decided this is our living like rock stars road trip! I honestly can't think of a better vacation for us--traveling to see the Pixies!! We passed up going to a friend's wedding in Belize for this. We're just not beach scene people. We're Pixies loving, beer drinking, dark concert hall people. I'm sooooo excited!!!
Go to Top of Page

boom_cheek_aroon
- FB Fan -

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  07:27:34  Show Profile  Visit boom_cheek_aroon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i too am coming from the denver area with a stop in wendover neveda and onward to bise. why the fuck would one stop in wendover you ask? two reasons: my girlfriend is a gambling nut and you an't play craps in colorado. the other reason is so i can cruse the salt flats like black sings about in the happening. they come so far i've lived this long at least i must just go and say hello. the thing that will suck is whats already been mentioned: the 12 hours straight back to ignorantly optimistic denver colorado. it'll be the best trip ever.

-------------------------

www.lorddusty.com

How bout a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?

-Boyerman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000