89 Minneapolis CDs Remain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JakeWalker
- FB Fan -

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  22:50:16  Show Profile  Visit JakeWalker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a small inventory of 89 Minneapolis CD's available. Get them now at www.disclive.com before they sell out for good!

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  22:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it! Thanks :)

I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  22:54:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jake!!

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  22:57:47  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thankyou very much, just snagged a copy for myself.
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  22:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixies and Credit Card debt.. what more can you ask for? I guess I should watch Fight Club to hear Pixies and see one way of eliminating credit card debt for everyone..

I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:02:33  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jake, while these sound awesome! i can't help but notice that the low end could use a lil boost possibly.

not complaining mind you, just a lil constructive criticsm! :D

were you at the show? if so, see you tomorrow night!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:03:57  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
k Solace..tell us about the show!! And what happened to roomloo???

Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:09:07  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not sure, i think his coverage might have been spotty, but he's fine :D

but yeah... the boys (and gal) fucking still have it. boy do they ever. these recordings, while awesome, just won't quite do the show justice, so wait until you see em in person, you're going to be absolutely stunned :)

i couldn't have asked for a better setlist to be honest. the first like 8-10 songs totally kicked my ass. while i thought everyone in the band sounded great, it wasn't until Tame, where Frank's screams really blew me away. i'd honestly say his voice has only gotten better with time, imo.

Kim's backing vocals (and lead vocals) sounded AWESOME, i was a lil worried about them, but they really impressed me. and David's drumming... shit i always knew he was a great drummer, but just never got to quite SEE how great he is. Joey, imho, probably seemed the most "rusty", but he still fucking kicked ass. he had one kinda bad fuckup, lol. i forget what song it was during, towards the end, he just smiled and totally laughed it off, was great :).

the band were ALL in super great spirits. tons of smiles form Frank & David. Kim was grinning from ear to ear all night, and even Joey cracked a few smiles :D

after the show ended, they all came to the front of the stage, waived, and then shook everyone at the front's hands/slapped high five. Kim made sure to hit just about everyone up at the front, and was the last one off the stage. very cool to see.

after the show, David was just hanging out in the venue, talking to people.

Edited by - solace on 04/13/2004 23:13:52
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:10:55  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow - AWESOME. Thank you. =) =) =)

Go to Top of Page

recur
- FB Fan -

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:11:11  Show Profile  Click to see recur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awesome... just snagged one and have it en route to Australia as I write this.

Cheers Jake, but please look at why your web site continually drops baskets when you switch to international ordering.

Cheers

c

getadogupya
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome, solace. How cool they stayed to interact with the crowd after the show.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JakeWalker

We have a small inventory of 89 Minneapolis CD's available. Get them now at www.disclive.com before they sell out for good!

I got some cd's and they look awesome... it's a 2 disk set.

Can you please save one for johnc... he's on a list for one in the MPLS. chat room???? He will be very grateful.

Basically, I will refer all others here...
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  23:45:51  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i was not able to get any extras (i got 2, one for me, and one for a friend), hopefully anyone who emailed me asking is able to get one online now (i would but i don't get paid until next week)

Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  00:19:40  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was disappointed I hadn't ordered one after I heard everyone talking about them after they sold out before. Hehe! Now I got one too!
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  00:21:55  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any word, JakeWalker, on how many are left now?

Oh, I just checked on disclive and it is now sold out.

Edited by - astrocat on 04/14/2004 00:23:41
Go to Top of Page

johnc
- FB Fan -

118 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  02:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Daisy Girl!

Can't believe I missed out on these few remaining CDs at disclive!

If anyone can help me out with a Minneapolis CD I'd be very grateful!!
johnchilton69@hotmail.com

Cheers
John
Go to Top of Page

johnc
- FB Fan -

118 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  02:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of us in the UK and Europe were tucked up in bed when these were available! It's so unfair!

Just thought I'd mention that I've ordered an 18/4 Edmonton CD and a 29/4 Davis CD (sold out) which are spares to trade. Anyone interested in exchanging for a Minneapolis CD? Thanks! I'm nothing if not persistent!

johnchilton69@hotmail.com

TA!
John
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  05:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can this gig get put on the FTP site??

'I'm the Daddy Now!' - Prison Daddy of Beijing Peoples State Penitentiary
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  07:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jake, can you tell us when these cds will ship??
Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  08:46:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry Stuart - no FTP.

Can someone send me some scans of the covers to stick in the gallery? Thanks! Just upload straight there, and fill out the form afterwards so i know something has been uploaded. =)

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  23:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

Sorry Stuart - no FTP.

Can someone send me some scans of the covers to stick in the gallery? Thanks! Just upload straight there, and fill out the form afterwards so i know something has been uploaded. =)

How come, copyright issues??

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  23:23:16  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a commercial release... As i understand it, it's not much different than posting SMYT..

Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  23:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd love a copy, if someone has an extra one for sale, please email me at timbo313@aol.com

keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  03:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

It's a commercial release... As i understand it, it's not much different than posting SMYT..

Cool.... does anyone fancy a trade??

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000