New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2452 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  12:56:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A victim of the Ticketweb fiasco, I am seriously tempted to buy tickets for a Brixton show on Ebay.

This may seem blatent and obvious, but is this going to be reliable? Sure, the sellers have a displayed track record, but aside from paying more than I would have originally, what's the chance of buying a ticket that isn't legit?

'Took his plane to Columbia/So I could sell at my school"

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  16:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what the chances are...there are probably a bunch of people that bought tickets that are fine. However, I bought two tickets that weren't supposed to be resold...so i say buyer beware.

Pehaps this is because i was burnt. anyone else???

I think it is almost better to chat with people here and work out trades here... we are doing that in the minneapolis forum if you want an idea of how to do it.

Go to Top of Page

eebee
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  16:59:07  Show Profile  Visit eebee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gah i bought from ticketweb and got a confirmation unlike others
have these came yet? aww crap if not ziggy i just need one ticket
grr
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2452 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  14:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Resurrecting a 'dead' thread... there are certain Ebay tickets which are 'buy now'... in theory you can hand over £50 for a ticket.

Naturally, these Brixton tickets are gold dust... Any offers to trade/sell?

'Took his plane to Columbia/So I could sell at my school"
Go to Top of Page

thesadpunk
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  23:05:45  Show Profile  Visit thesadpunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My suggestion is if you buy off eBay then pay with PayPal as you have a money back guarantee if the seller doesn't deliver or they aren't legit....make sure they have stellar feedback and if they have a square trade seal thats even better..........
Go to Top of Page

Luxowell
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  10:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BE CAREFUL!

Me and the wife bought tickets on e-bay for the washington show... after 3 weeks, they never showed. The guy was selling tickets that were "supposed" to be mailed to him, but never arrived. He then claimed we could do a Will Call at the place, but we are flying 1/2 way across the US to see them, so wanted our tickets in hand. He did give us our money back, and we got 2 tickets from a different guy for 1/2 the price, and they arrived like 3 days after the auction.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000