US tour in Fall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

otto_jr
- FB Fan -

50 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this has been posted before. Anyway, sounds promising.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=musicNews&storyID=4610512&pageNumber=0

Edited by - otto_jr on 03/20/2004 10:26:16

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:11:48  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Asked what fans can expect from the shows, for which the Pixies have been rehearsing in secret in southern California, Geiger says, "It's huge -- bigger than I thought. The band is playing well together. They're going to play all the hits."

Hmm...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

gk128
- FB Fan -

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  08:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pray to god that one of those 10,000 seat arenas will be the Mohegan Sun Arena in CT. Not only will it save me time to get there, but I can also get my ticket early and with a discount because my brother works there.

My CD List:
www.cd-tracker.com/~gk128
Go to Top of Page

Dr Gonzo
- FB Fan -

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  10:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's just brilliant. "into December"!! I move from Ireland to Boston (Boston for fu<ks sake) for 6 months. When I'm gone the Pixies play Ireland, then when I leave the states, in September, they come back and play there. That's just fu<kin peachy!
Please let the first date of this Fall tour be in Boston in early September! If there is any justice!

--------------------------------------------
Noooooo, my child, this is not my desire......
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  11:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"They wanted to do warm-up dates," says Geiger, who is senior VP at William Morris Agency. "In order to allow Coachella to be the first meaningful U.S. play, we're playing out-of-the-way, nowhere places on purpose. This is a low pressure, warm-up tour."

Nowhere places? I suppose LA and NYC are somewhere places. Geiger needs a lesson in not insulting fans.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6028 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  15:50:53  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheCroutonFuton

They're going to play all the hits."

Hmm...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"

Which one of there hits should they play first? Monkey gone to heaven or Here Comes Your Man?
A 2 song show, now that would be great!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  20:59:32  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who is this Geiger wanker? He seems like such a tool. All these corporate jerk-offs making this sound so...mechanical. Like "this is just another band, another job." Exploiting the value of the whole reunion thing. Shitty.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  21:00:06  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exactly.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11682 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  06:59:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah... "All the hits" and "nowhere places" really rubbed me the wrong way.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  07:48:48  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think we can all safely assume that this Geiger guy is somewhat... Fuck tact. The guy comes across as a jack ass. I think the Fine Line show in Minneapolis is going to be infinately more meaningful than Coachella. He's probably only thinking $$$$. And is he aware that the Pixies never really had any hits? Couple of tunes that skimmed the surface of the mainstream, yeah, but "all the hits?" Yeah, I agree these are "out of the way" places, but "nowhere places?" I also think that the warm up tour will be the LEAST low pressure dates they play. All the hardcore fans will be at these. All the toughest critics. Are we sure this guy is even talking about the Pixies?! Sheesh. Whatever. Regardless, he's a means to an end.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000