-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 The craziest motherfucker I've ever met
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  13:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I originally posted this on March 10, 2002. I thought I'd share this unique experience with all of you here at FB.net.

Last night I met up with this dude who had posted a flyer in a local
coffee house saying he was looking to start up a band and had a list
of bands that those who responded should be into, and it was basically
my CD collection to a T, so I was like, "Shit, I'm down". So I take
my gear (Strat and 2 little practice amps and a few pedals) over to
his place, which was a townhouse where he was living with some chick
he didn't even know... her part of the house was nice, his part was
total squallor... seriously fucked up. But he had some nice amps and
he was a pedal junkie. He went on and on about equipment like no one
else. It was like equipment and pedals came before the enjoyment of
just playing music. However, we jammed and things were flowing. But
then he wanted to do some shots and smoke some weed. Being in a
position where I've got equipment that I can't take the car in one
trip in case things got strange, I was hesitant, but he was so
insistant. "Come on man, don't be a puss". It was like he hadn't
hung out with anyone in forever. Once he got under the influence of
things, he being very egotistical ("I'm seriously the next Jimmy Page,
both producing and playing, but I want to be my own thing") and
started getting very phallic ("Man, word around Grand Rapids is that
I've got a big dick") which lead into him picking up a candle and
pretending it was his dick ("I'd like to have this at a show, light
it, and have chicks in the front row catch the wax in their mouths
like it was my sperm"). At one point he lead me up into his room,
which was totally trashed, and pulled some porn mags and the newest
Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue out. He made me look at each and
every page, asking me "Would you fuck her?". I felt like I was 13
years old again. He also had every Victoria's Secret catalog. I made
comments like, "I like the balance of colors in this picture" and
"that looks airbrushed" and he's like "Fuck that, look at those
titties". This guy is 21... I wouldn't have thought it based on how
fucking fucked up he was about checking out girls. He went on about
his dick at that point "Yeah, dude, it's seriously long. Like 8 and a
half inches. How long is yours?" And I just couldn't fucking believe
it. I was afraid he was going to bring out the gimp a la Pulp Fiction
and things were just going to get more fucked up from there. He
wouldn't let me go either. Around 10 p.m. I was like, "Dude, I gotta
get going" and he was like, "What do you have to do?" and I said,
"Homework". He responds with, "Man, fuck that, I've written papers in
2 hours, I'll just stay up all night" and I'm like, "You ain't me".
He seemed pissed about that. Lots of commands, too. "Turn on that
light. Dude, what are you waiting for, turn on that light, it's not
that hard" or "Pick that up" and just lots of shit. He would be
like, "Sit down you're making me nervous" and I'm like, "Dude, you're
making me nervous. That's why I'm standing up. I want to leave".
Imagine this for hours on end... god, it was crazy. At one point I
just said, "Man" in an exhausted tone and he was like, "What's that.
'man' What's up with that shit" and I just said, "Your shit dude,
fuck you". He just wouldn't shut up. He had to do Jim Morrison
impressions, trying to be all eccentric and majestic, and would get
right up in my face screaming. He would not calm down. I am a very
low key person so a live wire that's got bad body odor and Jim Beam
bottles tossed everywhere screaming in my face and talking about how
big his dick was and how much poontang he gets... it was just too
much. When I was letting my car warm up he got in and forced me to
smoke another bowl. When I took a very minor hit he was like, "Dude,
you barely hit it, didn't you" and I said, "A minimal hit" and he
said, "Dude, you coulda just said 'I don't want anymore'" and I said,
"I did". "Oh sorry man". Fucked up ass motherfucker. He said, "I
don't think you're good to drive" and I thought "Am I going to have to
kick this guys ass outta my car?" but somehow I managed to get him out
of there and got the fuck out of there. The roads were shit to
drive... real bad snow and ice, especially after having drank about 6
shots of Beam and smoking 8 bowls of pot. Anyone ever met a wack job
like this? I feel like I'm not doing justice to the story, but I
guess the craziness of the way I tell it sums it up. It was creepy.
I don't plan on hanging with this jobless drop out unless he lays off
the shit... fuck, man. It was crazy


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"You're muckin' with a G here!"

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  21:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've met many the type. Me and my best friend used to share an apartment a few years ago. Our downstairs neighbor was this guy who we knew from around town. (The guy was older than everyone else and would buy us and other of our friends beer before we were of legal age.) Anyway when we moved in there the guy started acting very friendly and would come up and visit quite often. That was all well and good, even though the guy liked to get seriously fucked-up and would act the part. Usually he was cool. But, one day he came up after having abused some of the many prescription drugs he was on (he had been in and out of institutions like Peninsula for years for depression, anxiety, etc.) He was really out of it and started to talk to his dad, who of course wasn't there. He was totally oblivious to the fact of me and my friend's presence. Later when he sobered up he apologized for being a wierdo and everything seemed fine.

At some point we started hanging out downstairs in his apartment every now and again for sheer lack of anything better to do. When we saw down there, we were taken aback by how fucked up this guy actually was. Now, the part that I'm about to relate isn't especially wierd, but it was annoying. The guy only had about three or four movies that he liked. Everytime we'd go down there, he'd show us the same clips from these movies that he considered especially dramatic. I remember he'd have us watch the last twenty or so minutes of "the Last of the Mohicans," where all those people fall off the cliff. He also really liked the animated version of "the Hobbit." (This was before the Peter Jackson trilogy.) That was all he would show! Ever! He always kept his place creepily immaculate. But, some things he kept out were just wierd. For instance, he had a little metal dish that sat on his coffee table with a fish skeleton in it. At first I thought he had just eaten a fish and left the dish out, but on recurrent visits it was still there which indicated it was some kind of decoration. In his room he had a shrine which he had built, consisting of a graveyard gate, and a cat skeleton which he had painted blue. He had alot of pictures that he painted, mostly with paint but he would add a touch in there or two of his own blood sometimes. He listened to a wierd variety of music, and would try to push his CD's on me by making me borrow them. All he listened to was Siousie and the Banshees and Bauhaus, which I was totally not into. He would always insist that I borrow them and tell me what I thought. He would also borrow mine (i.e. ask if he could borrow, because I would never offer them) and he would return them in different CD covers that were all scratched and broken, when I knew the covers I had given him the CD's in were reasonably unscratched. (I know that sounds petty but I just KNOW that guy was getting my good CD covers for his CD collection a couple at a time.)

The guy was actually a pretty sad case. Once when he was dating this girl and having problems with her, he carved a bunch of deep gouges into his chest with his knife. Later he turned on me because he accused me of stealing his pills. (I am not a pill head, never have been) I saw shady people at his house all the time...drug dealers and the like, and I was appalled that he could accuse ME of stealing his shit. Anyway needless to say I have tried to stay away from that guy since then, though I still see him out sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  07:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TarTar

I originally posted this on March 10, 2002. I thought I'd share this unique experience with all of you here at FB.net.

Last night I met up with this dude who had posted a flyer in a local
coffee house saying he was looking to start up a band and had a list
of bands that those who responded should be into, and it was basically
my CD collection to a T, so I was like, "Shit, I'm down". So I take
my gear (Strat and 2 little practice amps and a few pedals) over to
his place, which was a townhouse where he was living with some chick
he didn't even know... her part of the house was nice, his part was
total squallor... seriously fucked up. But he had some nice amps and
he was a pedal junkie. He went on and on about equipment like no one
else. It was like equipment and pedals came before the enjoyment of
just playing music. However, we jammed and things were flowing. But
then he wanted to do some shots and smoke some weed. Being in a
position where I've got equipment that I can't take the car in one
trip in case things got strange, I was hesitant, but he was so
insistant. "Come on man, don't be a puss". It was like he hadn't
hung out with anyone in forever. Once he got under the influence of
things, he being very egotistical ("I'm seriously the next Jimmy Page,
both producing and playing, but I want to be my own thing") and
started getting very phallic ("Man, word around Grand Rapids is that
I've got a big dick") which lead into him picking up a candle and
pretending it was his dick ("I'd like to have this at a show, light
it, and have chicks in the front row catch the wax in their mouths
like it was my sperm"). At one point he lead me up into his room,
which was totally trashed, and pulled some porn mags and the newest
Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue out. He made me look at each and
every page, asking me "Would you fuck her?". I felt like I was 13
years old again. He also had every Victoria's Secret catalog. I made
comments like, "I like the balance of colors in this picture" and
"that looks airbrushed" and he's like "Fuck that, look at those
titties". This guy is 21... I wouldn't have thought it based on how
fucking fucked up he was about checking out girls. He went on about
his dick at that point "Yeah, dude, it's seriously long. Like 8 and a
half inches. How long is yours?" And I just couldn't fucking believe
it. I was afraid he was going to bring out the gimp a la Pulp Fiction
and things were just going to get more fucked up from there. He
wouldn't let me go either. Around 10 p.m. I was like, "Dude, I gotta
get going" and he was like, "What do you have to do?" and I said,
"Homework". He responds with, "Man, fuck that, I've written papers in
2 hours, I'll just stay up all night" and I'm like, "You ain't me".
He seemed pissed about that. Lots of commands, too. "Turn on that
light. Dude, what are you waiting for, turn on that light, it's not
that hard" or "Pick that up" and just lots of shit. He would be
like, "Sit down you're making me nervous" and I'm like, "Dude, you're
making me nervous. That's why I'm standing up. I want to leave".
Imagine this for hours on end... god, it was crazy. At one point I
just said, "Man" in an exhausted tone and he was like, "What's that.
'man' What's up with that shit" and I just said, "Your shit dude,
fuck you". He just wouldn't shut up. He had to do Jim Morrison
impressions, trying to be all eccentric and majestic, and would get
right up in my face screaming. He would not calm down. I am a very
low key person so a live wire that's got bad body odor and Jim Beam
bottles tossed everywhere screaming in my face and talking about how
big his dick was and how much poontang he gets... it was just too
much. When I was letting my car warm up he got in and forced me to
smoke another bowl. When I took a very minor hit he was like, "Dude,
you barely hit it, didn't you" and I said, "A minimal hit" and he
said, "Dude, you coulda just said 'I don't want anymore'" and I said,
"I did". "Oh sorry man". Fucked up ass motherfucker. He said, "I
don't think you're good to drive" and I thought "Am I going to have to
kick this guys ass outta my car?" but somehow I managed to get him out
of there and got the fuck out of there. The roads were shit to
drive... real bad snow and ice, especially after having drank about 6
shots of Beam and smoking 8 bowls of pot. Anyone ever met a wack job
like this? I feel like I'm not doing justice to the story, but I
guess the craziness of the way I tell it sums it up. It was creepy.
I don't plan on hanging with this jobless drop out unless he lays off
the shit... fuck, man. It was crazy


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"You're muckin' with a G here!"



Actually I thought this story was gonna end with you going outside and saying "Dude! Where's my car???"

Seriously though that guy was a serious nutjob!!!

All that happened on my birthday. I was in New York at the time with my ex. Bad memories for me too.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  07:49:09  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One time I was with the ex on the boardwalk and ran into a pretty crazy guy that started off by asking me how I fucked my girlfriend, then told us about his entire life, his drug problems, his family, etc... Then eventually started talking about walking into the ocean and not coming out. Then he threatened to stab me, and take my girl that was his daughters age or something. It was pretty funny. I guess I get a little freaked out by strange people but I more just really enjoy how funny they are, guess I'm desensitized from all the wackos I've met in the local music scene. The funniest are the ones that are trying so hard to freak you out that really have no mental problems, like the guys that embellish how high they are on whatever drug. I'm rambling, sorry.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  07:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a common theme developing here.

Drugs!!!

Don't do drugs kids. Just say no!!!

Drugs are bad. Okay?

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  02:14:14  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
People like these are why it's fun to ride the bus even if you have nowhere to go.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  12:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I neglected to mention one of the key parts of that story. When I was sitting on the couch in his living room, he was jumping all about in a drunken rage to some music (perhaps Dylan), and he said to me, "Man, you're boring me just sitting there, man." I don't remember what I said in response to this, but soon enough he jumped over to where I was sitting, crouchd in front of me, grabbed the DVD case to the film SNATCH, and began hitting my knee with the case, while making sort of monkey-ish noises with his mouth. Man, that was bizarre.

"You're muckin' with a G here!"
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  13:00:34  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was there a strange reddish-pink cast to his hair, TarTar? 'Cause I'm thinkin' meth-head. And crack. And mega-doses of Ritalin.

And No-Doze.
And Vicks VapoRub.

And maybe an IV of Drano.

Once he started hitting me with the DVD case, I would have looked for a heavy blunt object, and applied to the back of his skull accordingly. Of course, I say this from the safety of my own studio.


666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  13:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TarTar

I neglected to mention one of the key parts of that story. When I was sitting on the couch in his living room, he was jumping all about in a drunken rage to some music (perhaps Dylan), and he said to me, "Man, you're boring me just sitting there, man." I don't remember what I said in response to this, but soon enough he jumped over to where I was sitting, crouchd in front of me, grabbed the DVD case to the film SNATCH, and began hitting my knee with the case, while making sort of monkey-ish noises with his mouth. Man, that was bizarre.

"You're muckin' with a G here!"



Bloody hell, he wasn't happy when you were stood up OR sat down. Tough guy to please. Not that you'd want to, though it's probably better than upsetting him.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  13:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

Was there a strange reddish-pink cast to his hair, TarTar? 'Cause I'm thinkin' meth-head. And crack. And mega-doses of Ritalin.

And No-Doze.
And Vicks VapoRub.

And maybe an IV of Drano.

Once he started hitting me with the DVD case, I would have looked for a heavy blunt object, and applied to the back of his skull accordingly. Of course, I say this from the safety of my own studio.


666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -



You seem to know you're drugs!!!

Hmmmmmmmm (rubs chin and looks at Apl4eris through half-closed eyes).

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  08:40:18  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's fucked up man....what the fuck is wrong with Michigan? Hehe! This is why I don't socialize: out fear of running into one of these fuckheads.


"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  10:53:58  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

Was there a strange reddish-pink cast to his hair, TarTar? 'Cause I'm thinkin' meth-head. And crack. And mega-doses of Ritalin.

And No-Doze.
And Vicks VapoRub.

And maybe an IV of Drano.

Once he started hitting me with the DVD case, I would have looked for a heavy blunt object, and applied to the back of his skull accordingly. Of course, I say this from the safety of my own studio.
You seem to know you're drugs!!!
Hmmmmmmmm (rubs chin and looks at Apl4eris through half-closed eyes).

I'm drugs? What? Nope, I didn't know that. Wonder if I'm a hallucino-Jen. heheh


666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -

Edited by - apl4eris on 03/09/2004 10:55:33
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5445 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  11:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The other common theme is don't leave your home or talk to strangers. I hate wack jobs and drunk people because I always feel that I'm 15 second away from having a knife sticking out of my neck. That's why I hide in my house.
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  14:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

Was there a strange reddish-pink cast to his hair, TarTar? 'Cause I'm thinkin' meth-head. And crack. And mega-doses of Ritalin.

And No-Doze.
And Vicks VapoRub.

And maybe an IV of Drano.

Once he started hitting me with the DVD case, I would have looked for a heavy blunt object, and applied to the back of his skull accordingly. Of course, I say this from the safety of my own studio.
You seem to know you're drugs!!!
Hmmmmmmmm (rubs chin and looks at Apl4eris through half-closed eyes).

I'm drugs? What? Nope, I didn't know that. Wonder if I'm a hallucino-Jen. heheh


666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -



Good one...ahh, if only contractions '"wE'rnt'' so hard.

I'm a fsh with no i's.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  14:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn you Alp4eris!!! Damn you to hell!!!



Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  21:25:41  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh no! Please! Please don't throw me in that there briar patch! All in good fun -you caught my ain't, after all. I blame that slip up on the fact that I'm drugs.
heheh
-apl


666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  11:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And this, "niceta seeya"

OK this has to stop now. Sorry Jenny.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  22:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can meet your fair share of wackjobs on the internet, too. Anyone ever had a weird experience with meeting someone they met online? Those can be good stories. I don't have any stories. Never met with someone in person whom I became acquainted with online.

"(insert clever quote here)"
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  22:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The biggest wackjob I ever met online had to be this guy...I think his name was TarTar or something...I can't quite remember. I never met him in person, though. Anyway, he was a TOTAL wierdo.

Take me, break me, tell me a good one and maybe I'll cry


Edited by - glacial906 on 04/02/2004 22:52:59
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  22:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I met with this guy glacial once. I told him, "Go with me, show me, tell me a good one and maybe I'll die" and he burst into tears and ran off screaming something about wooden songs. It was bizarre.

"(insert clever quote here)"
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  22:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wierdest thing that TarTar ever did was when I asked him, "What'cha doing?"
He replied, "Chewin Chocolate."
I asked, "Where'd you get it?"
To which he replied, "Doggie dropped it."

Take me, break me, tell me a good one and maybe I'll cry

Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  23:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but it was even stranger when you didn't really react to it. You just said, "Carry on" and walked off. Seems you'd've been a little more weirded out by it. Then again...

"(insert clever quote here)"
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  23:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE FBI! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE CIA!
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  12:16:47  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I used to work in my local cinema, this total, total weirdo came in, I think he migh have been schizo or something. But he was going on abou "GUNS, GUNS FOR THE REVOLUTION< YEAH YOU KNOW THE REVOLUTION I JUST PASSED MY DRIVING TEST TODAY AND IM CELEBRATING,WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT? WHAT?" Just like a total stream of utter shit. It was ages ago and he spoke so fast I don't remeber much of it, but it went on and on. Then he started asking this little girl going into one of the screens about her trousers so I tried to draw his attention away and he ended up lying down on the stairway up to screen 2. Eventually the manageress politely escorted him off the premises but I had to wonder where he was going to next you know? Theres actually a lot of people like that in my home town. It's nutsville UK

For ten thousand years he slept, his mind feeding on the nightmares of the weak. Now he has awakened. As the night turned crimson, the fire-blade shattered and his power died. Then, the slaughter began...
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  18:41:07  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good premise for a documentary to me, guy. I'd pick up an old super-8 at the local Spastics Society thrift store and follow them nutters around for as long as you can take it.

We had a guy in my college town that thought he was Elvis. It didn't help that there was a 24-hour "Rock-n-Roll Hardee's" that played Elvis on the juke box. He was a laugh riot! He would load up the juke box with quarters and do the arm-circles and the lunges in his baby-blue polyester suit in the middle of the restaurant floor, with his giant old-people's sunglasses on, and get the scariest sneer on his face. he used to give me Freedent gum (gum for people with dentures) all the time, and told me he had a bunch of gold Rolexes in his top dresser drawer that he wanted me to have. Kinda scary, but damn funny.


If it is a Miracle, any sort of evidence will answer, but if it is a Fact, proof is necessary. -Samuel Clemens
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  18:45:56  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TarTar

I neglected to mention one of the key parts of that story. When I was sitting on the couch in his living room, he was jumping all about in a drunken rage to some music (perhaps Dylan), and he said to me, "Man, you're boring me just sitting there, man." I don't remember what I said in response to this, but soon enough he jumped over to where I was sitting, crouchd in front of me, grabbed the DVD case to the film SNATCH, and began hitting my knee with the case, while making sort of monkey-ish noises with his mouth. Man, that was bizarre.



This actually seems fairly tame to me, given that I used to live with a schizophrenic epileptic punk who loved hallucinogenics. Another friend drove around with a propane tank rolling around on a bed of nails in the trunk of his car because he always wondered what it would be like to be in an explosion but didn't think it would really carry the moment if you knew when it would happen. Yours is definitely an eccentric guy though - sounds like an old bandmate.






Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  21:07:50  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I remember hearing some old guy in the bus station ranting to another guy about the Bible, magic powers, and the 9/11 attacks. He'd somehow mixed all these things together. Something about needing to use the magic powers of the Bible to combat those of the Devil. And he also said something about how someone cheated him out of money (or something like that; I don't remember exactly) and he got a credit card offer the next day,and thought that was magical karma or something.



Join the Culf of Buttoms / Correctly spelled cults are so passé.
Go to Top of Page

rockmusic84
= Cult of Ray =

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  22:04:07  Show Profile  Visit rockmusic84's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Fear and Loathing..." anyone? I know a lot of people who use drugs, and they're generally pretty tame. All they wanna do is get fucked up, have a good time, and go to sleep. So it's not necessarilly the drugs, it's people's reaction to them. Some people can handle them, some can't.

And it doesn't help if you're the straight-sober guy cringing in horror in the corner. All it does is make them (the drug user/s) nervous and more hostile towards you. There is good reason to be scared in situations like the one TarTar mentioned, but it's best just to let them do their thing. To be honest with you, the people I know on drugs are more at peace, open minded, and considerate than people I know who are straight.

"I'm a clinically depressed fecophiliac on Prozac." - Kyle (South Park)

Join The Cult of U-MASS - IT'S EDUCATIONAL!!!
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1849 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  00:32:51  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glacial906

The wierdest thing that TarTar ever did was when I asked him, "What'cha doing?"
He replied, "Chewin Chocolate."
I asked, "Where'd you get it?"
To which he replied, "Doggie dropped it."

Take me, break me, tell me a good one and maybe I'll cry

Does doggie refer to Mad Dawg?


Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2654 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  08:11:53  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's fucked up. The porn reminds me of one time about 5 yrs ago I was working in a coffeshop during college and the place was getting an overhaul. A friend and I ended up in the apartment of the painter smoking and the walls of the livingroom were covered in pinups, some of the kidneys-out variety. Guy was going on and on about when the ladies come into the place (moderately fetid btw) they put their rear-ends on the bench immediately, obviously feeling so overwhelmed in the presence of such a Dr Lurve and the poor creatures can't snap out of their underwear quick enough. For me the highlight of the night was we somehow got onto discussing construction work and my friend (who'd spent summers on London sites) was trying to explain underpinning, whereby you dig beneath the foundations of a sinking house and insert concrete, if i remember correctly. Anyhoo the idea was simply whizzing over the painters head each time despite my friends best efforts to explain it - he even up drawing a cross-section of a house with some little black blocks beneath the walls for concrete, and this still wasn't registering with the guy, so we had to draw the house sitting on giant concentric circles to signify that being Planet Earth and imagine it split right in half and half a house on top of that. Possibly he used to spend a lot of time eating his wares.

My creepy experience was I was on the Dublin-Sligo train few years back and a fellow sat a cross the aisle from my housemate and me, this shaved-ape carrying a black refuse sack of Budweiser bottles. He seemed harmless enough at first, well spose I'm prepared to put up with a hell of a lot more on public transport than I am elsewhere. He took out a prison-release form - he'd just gotten out of one in Cork - which he licked and stuck to his forehead, though this didn't hamper his drinking none. I was answering his questions in a civil but uninvolved way, well that was what I was going for, praps I should've said nothing. Next thing I knew the carriage was half-empty, my housemate had scarpered with her rucksack and the guy was saying "See this bottle here, now if I was to break it off the table and run the jags down your face, do you think you'd mind?" Em... Some of the other passengers, three men in their forties, came over and sat surrounding him till he was escorted off at the next stop. Till I left Dublin, I saw one of the guys around Rathmines time to time and shared nods with him.

--
"You one of those right-wing nut outfits?" inquired the diplomatic Metzger.
Fallopian twinkled. "They accuse us of being paranoids."
"They?" inquired Metzger, twinkling also.
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  13:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So would you have minded or not?

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2654 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  14:55:53  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You know I cannot remember what I answered, if I did at all, but I assume I didn't say I didn't mind because on face I am jag-free.

--
"You one of those right-wing nut outfits?" inquired the diplomatic Metzger.
Fallopian twinkled. "They accuse us of being paranoids."
"They?" inquired Metzger, twinkling also.
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  19:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason I became fixated on this experience for a brief time right around what would have been the 19th anniversary on March 9 of this year. I think it took me over a decade to realize that I had been traumatized by the experience. You go to jam with someone and end up essentially being held hostage for several hours. I really have to wonder how this guy turned out. He'd be about 40 now, same age as me.

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
960 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  13:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh boy, what a topic...

sorry you had that experience. sounds awful.


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  17:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great thread. I miss the part of my life when I encountered people like that.


__________________________________________________

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1962 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  22:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you helped me figure out why I became fixated on it this year: I miss having the opportunity to have crazy encounters like this!! Not just in the pandemic but in life in general. Excitement on that level—welcome or unwelcome—doesn’t come along often now.

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000