Ticketweb problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  03:44:06  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
incase anyone is interested...
i nabbed this off the throwingmusic.com site

BBC Watchdog will hear from anybody who had a bad experience with Ticketweb or thinks employees were touting tickets. Here's the addy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/entertainment.shtml
The more people respond, the more they will take notice.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / All i got got was some fucking eggs!"

loudlarf
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  04:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea, but how far can it be taken if they refund everyone? I think they were just completely unprepared for the rush. Although I can't figure out why I got told to phone back in half an hour when the tickets had already gone....
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  06:22:56  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

incase anyone is interested...
i nabbed this off the throwingmusic.com site

BBC Watchdog will hear from anybody who had a bad experience with Ticketweb or thinks employees were touting tickets. Here's the addy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/entertainment.shtml
The more people respond, the more they will take notice.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / All i got got was some fucking eggs!"

employees touting tickets?! lol! yikes! *we're* being invesigated?

<quickly removes his britney spears auction>

;)

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

bishk99
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  04:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had their money refunded by ticketweb yet? Since I managed to get tickets from Wayahead yesterday it means my accounts really in bad shape and I'm gonna need that money next week. If I go over my overdraft limit and get charged i'm gonna be seriously pissed off!!

-Bish

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  04:24:06  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am still waiting for my £173.
not as urgently required, but thats hardly the point.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

listypoos
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  12:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so far, i've had 2 of 3 internet orders refunded. i'm still waiting for the 3rd one.

typical that the only order that went through properly and which i recieved a confirmation on was the more expensive phone order.

you are the son of a motherfucker
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  01:27:24  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so i have yet to recieve the refund they said they were going to give me on the 13th.

what is taking these idiots soo long?

this has gone beyond a joke.

well, never ever going to use ticketweb again.

Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  02:17:20  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
still waiting for my £113.50 refund....

Join my Cult of ~P~ / I have a logo and everything....
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  04:17:07  Show Profile  Visit jonathan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
have contacted ticketweb again... (waiting for reply) the next one is going to be in writing and copied to my (well my parents') lawyers. my girlfriend's sister has the number for ticketmaster's (who own ticketweb) staff only line that goes to senior management, might give that a go soon, and post it on here.
such a farce thanks to that damn company, has taken all the excitement away.

Treat yourself - http://listen.to/blackmarias - the best new band in the world.
Go to Top of Page

dynamiccoins
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  13:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, found this site as I too have been messed about by Ticketweb. Just got my money refunded today but thats not the point - they kept it for two weeks !! Ticketweb knew they had messed up, then sold even more tickets to the other two gigs which were then released - how crap is that. I have been lied to so many times by their customer services ( what a joke that is !) who promised to p[hone me back four times. Pathetic.
I hate the ***kers - worst company I have ever dealt with - I wonder if the promoters are and if they know ?
I've listened to the Pixies since I was at Poly in the 80s and have never seen them - thasnks to Ticketweb looks like that will now never happen.
PS - done the watchdog thing - lets see what happens now.
Cheers
Phil
Go to Top of Page

nimrods_son
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  09:42:29  Show Profile  Click to see nimrods_son's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are you telling me that even if you got a confirmation e-mail including a link leading to an order status page (as I have) you might not have tickets??!!

N Jr

"I've got a broken face, ah-ha ah-ha ooh!"
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  01:14:17  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no, you'll be fine.

i have recently been having more ticketweb problems totally not associated with the Pixies.
regards a lost-in-the-mail ticket to a gig TONIGHT and the inability for anyone at ticketweb to actually help.
they really are an incompetent company.

Go to Top of Page

gavredmaxx
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  09:08:45  Show Profile  Visit gavredmaxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting...

Despite having a confirmation mail for 2 Friday tickets, and having only got a refund on the 19th for the 4 Thursday ones we weren't actually allocated - we have just noticed that ANOTHER refund appeared on the 23rd for the amount two tickets cost...

Getting REALLY worried again now....

Gav

"If this were really happening… what would you think? "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000