Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  09:33:14  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia
if puppaduck is really related somehow with the catholics AND he's angry with the pixies reunion thing it can only mean bad news.i was pessimistic about frank returning solo and this thread seems to confirm my fears.

Let's be optimistic. As far as I know or seem to know (the recent events killed many of my certainties), the Pixies reunion is temporary, and Frank and Kim both plan to record a solo album in the forthcoming months.

No, I don't think Black Francis will kill Frank Black. Maybe he will actually help him to survive as a free, independent, untypical artist.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  09:39:54  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Okay, Puppaduck makes a silly quip telling people to F-themselves, and suddenly he's an associate of the Catholics. Come on, people......

We know from previous, highly informative posts that he is an associate.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  09:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
REALLY? I stand cowwected....
Go to Top of Page

Bohemoth
- FB Fan -

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  16:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know who Puppaduck is. the hint is in the name
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  19:55:47  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't remember any Catholics named Pup or Uppa or Paduck.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

Bohemoth
- FB Fan -

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  15:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another hint Puppaduck is a pokeymon
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  16:44:52  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You call that a hint!?

Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  23:40:00  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bohemoth: Now I know there's a pokemon psyduck, and a golduck... but I'll be darned if I know a puppaduck. i think your snoot if full of poot. well, not really (i'm listening to walter westinghouse), but are you sure about the pokemon thing?
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  04:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offence to meant to the Catholics, but surely Frank is the main thing, not his backing band. Let's stop this frightful nonsense!
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:41:11  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been checking this over the last two days and it's all ridiculous. The Catholics are fantastic yet I still want to see Frank and the Pixies do their thing. As I am sure all of you do. I want him to continue with the as well but he has the right to do a few other things before a new FB&TC album. Actually I would rather him move forward with the Catholics in th elong run more so than the Pixies. This Pixies thing is just a small dream come true for a short while.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  08:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's probably true, but I prefare the Pixies(dives for cover!)
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  13:39:28  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of those who hold that the center is Charles Thompson and however excellent Kim Deal's voice and Joey's guitar and Dave's drums and Rich's guitar and Scott's drums and EDF's keys and everyone else's additional instrumentation is...

ITS ABOUT THE MAN.

This isn't to say the other's input is *meaningless* - not at all! Joey's guitar was sorely missed, and I was happy to hear it in whatever amounts it trickeled out over the FB albums, Kim's voice would have been great as a texture on any number of Catholics (all dudes) songs. And I love Rich Gilbert in a way I never thought possible. But FB, BF, CMKT3 - however you wish to refer to him - is the head. The others are the body. Cut off the head, the body dies. Cut off an arm, a leg, a pancreas, and as long as the head survives -- well, you see where I'm going. I'm sure this has been hashed out in other threads (so many threads...) but I thought I'd just add my two and a half cents.

and another cent:

Whatever that man does is okay by me. He has't let me down EVER. And I mean EVER. Its a pretty serious relationship at this point! I trust him implicitly and whatever he chooses to do I will anticipate eagerly, based solely on past experience!

PS I even love COR

Alienation confers freedom. Obscurity will keep you pure. Pray that you won’t be discovered young, so that you won’t be tempted to sell out early, or won’t be seduced by celebrity.

--THE PATH OF THE ARTIST
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  09:37:07  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cut off the dick - the body dies!!!

Pump the Jam
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  09:56:27  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pixies, Frank Black or Frank Black and the Catholics. It's all Charles Thompson. He isn't reforming anything. He is just learning to play his earlyer songs again. Maybe they Pixies will put out another 2 or 3 albums and ole Chuck will deside it's time to move on. Then he'll form a 4th version of a band that plays music written by him, lets call them Frank Black Francis Damn Disaster. Soon enough, maybe another 12 years, there will be the FB&TC's reunion. Only Charles Thompson can get away with it. No matter what he does I'M THERE.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  10:01:56  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There´s been some rampant noodleism in Frank´s live shows of late, our side of the pond at any rate. Just I heard less of Franks wonderful shrieks and whoops and drollery than I wanted to and the solos looked like they were more fun to play than to listen to.

--
"You one of those right wing nut outfits?" inquired the diplomatic Metzger.
Fallopian twinkled. "They accuse us of being paranoids."
"They?" inquired Metzger, twinkling also.
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  10:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

Pixies, Frank Black or Frank Black and the Catholics. It's all Charles Thompson. He isn't reforming anything. He is just learning to play his earlyer songs again. Maybe they Pixies will put out another 2 or 3 albums and ole Chuck will deside it's time to move on. Then he'll form a 4th version of a band that plays music written by him, lets call them Frank Black Francis Damn Disaster. Soon enough, maybe another 12 years, there will be the FB&TC's reunion. Only Charles Thompson can get away with it. No matter what he does I'M THERE.

I'm on board with this opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  10:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....Yeah...anyway, 'have a great day'!
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  12:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think we've seen the end of the Catholics at all. I don't mean to dis any of the musicians, but who would you take as a permanant bass player: Kim Deal? Come on...Dave McCaff is far better. I'm not going to go so far as to dis Joseph Alberto Santiago, so I won't. But Rich Gilbert is an outstanding guitar player. Who else plays steel guitar, standard guitar, and keyboards all on the same song?
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  16:34:58  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Cut off the dick - the body dies!!!

So are the Catholics losing their penis to a whore with disease?

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Puppaduck
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  22:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Okay, Puppaduck makes a silly quip telling people to F-themselves, and suddenly he's an associate of the Catholics. Come on, people......

Holy shit, I can't even remember posting the "fuck yourselves" thread. Musta been full of piss'n'vinegar that night! Jeckyll and fucking Hyde. Maybe a few bottles of sloe gin or something. 99Bananas? For a moment I thought Davey P. or Bouts had stolen my mysterious handle.

Sorry to all you peachy lasses'n'lads... but I guess no one took offense. You even liked it...

"...oh yeah, I think I did want everyone to fuck off once or twice..."

PPD
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  23:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

You call that a hint!?

i know a certain Catholics guitarist is fond of wearing Pokemon t-shirts..

and it isn't Dave Phillips..

or Lyle Workman..

hmm.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  03:27:11  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Holy shit, I can't even remember posting the "fuck yourselves" thread. Musta been full of piss'n'vinegar that night! Jeckyll and fucking Hyde. Maybe a few bottles of sloe gin or something. 99Bananas? For a moment I thought Davey P. or Bouts had stolen my mysterious handle.

Tssss, you Catholics are big children...

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  12:51:32  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gotta be Rich, huh? Good stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  13:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not saying he's not part of some relation to the C's, but why would he need a copy of Valley of Our Hope, seems he'd already have one, lest he lost it.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  16:40:50  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingphilbert

I have been checking this over the last two days and it's all ridiculous. The Catholics are fantastic yet I still want to see Frank and the Pixies do their thing. As I am sure all of you do. I want him to continue with the as well but he has the right to do a few other things before a new FB&TC album. Actually I would rather him move forward with the Catholics in th elong run more so than the Pixies. This Pixies thing is just a small dream come true for a short while.

Yeah. I don't know how long the Pixies reunion will last. Maybe a couple tours. Maybe a couple albums. Who knows. But I have no reason to doubt another Catholics album will be along before too long. And if it isn't for a couple of years, I can live with that. And if anbody else out there thought that Show Me Your Tears was such a fucking brilliant album, they should be able to live with the idea of waiting a little bit for another one. I personally won't be a selfish fan demanding more of specifically what I want. It's all good, you see. Show Me Your Tears, plus the other five FB&TC albums and all their b-sides will keep me plenty satisfied in addition to anything else new the man decides to make between now and then.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  08:44:13  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floop

quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

You call that a hint!?

i know a certain Catholics guitarist is fond of wearing Pokemon t-shirts..

and it isn't Dave Phillips..

or Lyle Workman..

hmm.

Corona, did you buy that for him Tony?

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pokemon...'Puppaduck'...hmmm....yeah, I think there is a pokemon by that name. Bingo!

CARL.

"ME TOO!"
Go to Top of Page

Bohemoth
- FB Fan -

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  12:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well someone figured it out out maybe my clues werent to obious but i knew it was rich
Go to Top of Page

FrankfanL
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  13:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by langdonboom

I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of those who hold that the center is Charles Thompson and however excellent Kim Deal's voice and Joey's guitar and Dave's drums and Rich's guitar and Scott's drums and EDF's keys and everyone else's additional instrumentation is...

ITS ABOUT THE MAN.

This isn't to say the other's input is *meaningless* - not at all! Joey's guitar was sorely missed, and I was happy to hear it in whatever amounts it trickeled out over the FB albums, Kim's voice would have been great as a texture on any number of Catholics (all dudes) songs. And I love Rich Gilbert in a way I never thought possible. But FB, BF, CMKT3 - however you wish to refer to him - is the head. The others are the body. Cut off the head, the body dies. Cut off an arm, a leg, a pancreas, and as long as the head survives -- well, you see where I'm going. I'm sure this has been hashed out in other threads (so many threads...) but I thought I'd just add my two and a half cents.

and another cent:

Whatever that man does is okay by me. He has't let me down EVER. And I mean EVER. Its a pretty serious relationship at this point! I trust him implicitly and whatever he chooses to do I will anticipate eagerly, based solely on past experience!

PS I even love COR

Alienation confers freedom. Obscurity will keep you pure. Pray that you won’t be discovered young, so that you won’t be tempted to sell out early, or won’t be seduced by celebrity.

--THE PATH OF THE ARTIST
It is indeed about THE MAN. The evolving Mr. Charles Thompson is an obsession, a pleasure. Looking foreward to whatever Frank decides to share with us.It would be a sin if the Catholics were disbanded...
I used to have some fun. Me and everyone. Now I'm just employed...
Go to Top of Page

Puppaduck
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  17:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bohemoth

well someone figured it out out maybe my clues werent to obious but i knew it was rich

Who is Rich Richgilbert? He is NOT the 'duck! Now quit trying to "put me in a box", a crime for which people were once stoned!
Go to Top of Page

edward897
- FB Fan -

80 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  18:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do all those foot pedals that you use really change the sound much? I think only you can hear the difference. Are they just there to look cool, cause they do of course.

Ed
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  02:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puppaduck

quote:

Who is Rich Richgilbert? He is NOT the 'duck! Now quit trying to "put me in a box", a crime for which people were once stoned!

I knew Rich was not the "duck" - after all, you gave your name in your profile in your first posts! Anyway, I won't out you, as long as you keep giving insider info Now, who does play lead on "This Old Heartache"??!!

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath
Go to Top of Page

Puppaduck
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  18:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

quote:

quote:

I knew Rich was not the "duck" - after all, you gave your name in your profile in your first posts! Anyway, I won't out you, as long as you keep giving insider info Now, who does play lead on "This Old Heartache"??!!

Er... Solo 1: Joey S. Solo 2: D.P.
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  20:07:44  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it true that PUPPADUCK DOES NOT WISH TO REVEAL HIS REAL NAME?

Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  13:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

[quote][i]

Er... Solo 1: Joey S. Solo 2: D.P.

Good for you, Mr the Duck! Another query, which other tracks (if any) does Joey S (I know him so well) play on SMYT??

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000