DEVO - 50th Anniversay Farewell Tour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2023 :  03:05:17  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Edinburgh - August 17 - O2 - During the Fringe !

Tickets on sale 10pm Friday

Bring it on !

Imagine seeing both Richard Thompson (June) and DEVO in the same few months - last chance I'll probably ever get to see either probably..

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2023 :  03:46:46  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Would love to see both! Especially Devo, since I've already seen Thompson lot's of times

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2023 :  04:16:42  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Think it's going to be in the region of £100 for tickets for that tour - they're playing the old Corn Exchange in Edinburgh near where I used to live - I managed to blag my way in and see Jesus and Mary Chain play the last few songs of their set in 2015?6 - only time I've ever been in there
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2023 :  06:36:42  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
75 ish apparently I can get a tiket now on O2 Priority

E-tickets these days so if I decide I don't want to go then not so easy selling - therefore I don't know

Edited by - pot on 05/04/2023 06:37:48
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1072 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2023 :  13:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a gut feeling this will be good

Edited by - Stevio10 on 05/06/2023 13:36:27
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2023 :  14:27:33  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you going Stevio?

I actually decided to pass on it - didn't feel like sponging out 75 and then another 50 + 25 for travel and drinks etc when I feel that I'd probably end up standing there for at least half the set bored and waiting for Gates oF Steel - I'll happily pay 75 just to see them play that song

But otherwise I watched a live vid from 2021 on Youtube and just kind of felt from watching it that most of the value in the ticket price was for getting to see Devo - I've listened to all their albums and they are more of a greatest hits band really

OTOH though #163;40 for Richard Thompson - I feel that I will get my bang for buck there and old RT will give it all he's got (as he always seems to do)

I'm really looking forward to a few songs he might play - Bad Again from Dream Attic (2010) is a real punchy blues rock number and I've had it stuck in my head for weeks since I bought tickets - I allowed myself one day to listen to RT and then after that it's a 2 month pre-gig songs vipasana

Perhaps then I might be able to scrape enough dollars to get to a free love festival in Happy Holland for a few weeks instead - or how many low-key indie gigs could I squeeze out of 75 ? I'm hoping Horsegirl do a small tour or Drahla have some new shit coming out or Hotel Lux or The Waeve

I'd probably pay 75 to see Faster Pussycat - who I can't seem to stop listening to these days - always loved their hard rock glam metal sound back in the day - I don't know if they have ever toured out of the US but they're still going and touring inside the US this summer - had a new song out recently too called Like A Ghost it's actually got quite a nice 80's hard rock hook

Edited by - pot on 05/06/2023 14:28:12
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1072 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2023 :  21:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I don't think I'll be going, despite my appreciation for Devo. Was just thinking the other day how ridiculous ticket prices have become over the last few years. Back in my day...etc etc

I suppose this is the knock on effect of the streaming world from lack of physical sales, it doesn't look like this is going to change any time soon.

But anyway, I really dig Gut Feeling by Devo that's my favourite. I kind of hear that song in Robert Onion.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2023 :  01:07:34  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well it's not sold out yet so that's an indication..

I think 50 would have been a fairer price (including booking fee extortion)

Some of these bands thees days are using computer algorithms to set prices according to various fluctuating parameters - more in the US I think - Bruce Springsteen was heavily criticised last year for selling tickets for one of his gigs for about $5k !

Edited by - pot on 05/08/2023 01:08:34
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2023 :  01:08:16  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the chance to see Devo once fortunately, back in 2008, but I'd kill to see them again, this time with my son who's a big fan too. No date announced in Paris though (yet), and in any case I won't be here in August so it doesn't bode well.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2023 :  01:30:11  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm getting ads popping up all over the place for this - apparently it hasn't sold out because they priced it too high and lots of fans are complaining

If they priced it at £50 it would be more reasonable but folk don't want to pay to see a bunch of OAPs pressing buttons on synthesisers and playing a handful of good songs and the rest basically filler

Anyway here's a radio interview with Gerald Casale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001pf37

Edited by - pot on 08/11/2023 16:09:17
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2023 :  16:07:21  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They're selling tix for this for £40 now apparently everyone who forked out £70 is well pissed - if they just priced it at that in the first place I might have bought one !

Edited by - pot on 08/11/2023 16:09:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000