Pixies in Uncut's Ultimatie Music Guide
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2022 :  06:29:06  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/blogs/introducing-the-ultimate-music-guide-to-pixies-140019/?fbclid=IwAR1q3_TXtPI4nkWSK5WqcvNuFx6K4KFV8a1rJOtZ0CdWUU6ysZe-f-6HG5M

This is going to be a must read!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2022 :  06:29:45  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
“It was very much post-punk alternative rock,” the man today known as Charles Thompson says. “We were really starting from scratch in terms of a sound – it was basically whatever songs I came up with, whatever guitar lines he came up with, that was the sound, that was all we had. Kim Deal came over to my apartment – I had a plain canvas army cot that was my couch, one of these stretchers that you see in a gymnasium during a flood – and she sat on it, she was the only person that answered the ad looking for a bass player. I played her all my songs and she said ‘I like them and I’m interested and I don’t have a bass but I’ll borrow one from my sister’. And we were a band.”

till, the lure of the original band couldn’t be denied and in 2004, the original Pixies reunited for 10 years of thrilling live performance. New Pixies music would be made, but without Kim. “After we recorded a few songs Kim definitely didn’t want to do more than that so, to her credit, she just gracefully bowed out. She met us at the coffee shop and said ‘I’m finished, I don’t want to do this anymore’.

In an exclusive interview for the issue, the Pixies tell us about their second phase, and the wild inspirations of their latest album, Doggerel.

“Making new Pixies records has been just as rewarding,” writes Charles “…I don’t think our music pales in comparison to what we did before.”

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2022 :  08:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good stuff
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

961 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2022 :  11:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully the guide is more factual than that article...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2022 :  13:06:36  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have the Beach Boys one from earlier this year
Full of mistakes but still good

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2022 :  21:59:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's a pretty good magazine, too much Breeders for my tastes and I would love more Bossanova/Trompe and BTE-era Pixies.

One of the most interesting things was BF mentioning the sessions for a possible 9th album going sour.
I don't expect anything soon now.

Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1074 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2022 :  04:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

It's a pretty good magazine, too much Breeders for my tastes and I would love more Bossanova/Trompe and BTE-era Pixies.

One of the most interesting things was BF mentioning the sessions for a possible 9th album going sour.
I don't expect anything soon now.

Was that the 2 week session at Rockfield that was spoken about? Did he elaborate as to how it went sour? I should probably just buy the magazine haha thanks for posting this and the review thread
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2022 :  09:37:50  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Joey did say two days ago that their are working on the next album
Durin that morning news interview (KTLA?)

Yes buy the magazine, I don't know how to explain it
Frank was anoyed because Tom asked to work on some scraps of music
While Frank came to the session befor that session with 40 songs (and only 12 were used on Doggerel)

Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
818 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2022 :  11:18:35  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's just too damn pricey to buy a magazine to ship to America from the UK.

Would love to know more info though. I don't understand what "Frank was annoyed because Tom asked to work on some scraps of music" means.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 09/25/2022 11:19:13
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2022 :  12:40:02  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Frank for once brought songs to the table
And now they have asked him to create something spontaneous

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000