Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Charles announces new Pixies ALBUMS on BB6!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  10:53:25  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixies are currently performing at the BBC6 Festival in Wales, about an hour before their set time Charles was interviewed on BB6 by Steve Lamacq. Charles said the band had recorded an album in Vermont shortly after last Christmas, they just recently finished it and it will be out in September. He said the title of the album is Doggerel.

And then he said they’re recording ANOTHER album in Wales next week, at Rockfield Studios in Monmouth Wales!

Exciting! Sounds like the band is making up for lost pandemic time!

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  12:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this an April Fools joke?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  12:45:34  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never thought of that. What would be the point though?

Oh ha ha, got you! The album's actually not called Doggerel..

Incidentally Dogrel is the title of D.C. Fontaines' debut album out a few years ago, and that might be the spelling they are using.

Charles was goofing around with Lammo in the interview and saying stuff like he always tells them the truth, but all the other media he doesn't or something like that.

Who knows?

I'm fine with Doggerel/Dogrel anyway

Edited by - pot on 04/02/2022 06:36:56
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I feel like a more typical April Fools joke would be FRANK REUNITING THE CATHOLICS!! or something
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also mentions new record here. Sounds like a song as well as a record.

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/1509962549642498048?s=20&t=6-1xKma3uoQ17D6ry_V2dw

Edited by - Sprite on 04/01/2022 14:11:02
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:12:22  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BBC 6 put out another little clip on social media, the entire band being interviewed by somebody else, asking about the album. Charles talked a little bit about a connection to a town in Massachusetts called Colrain, and the first house there was built by Charles Thompson (i'm guessing that's Charles Thompson the First), and the town was named after a guy Baron Colerain, and he had a son called George that wrote a doggerel in the 1700's.... that doesn't make a lot of sense but Charles said "anyway the song is Doggerel, and the name of our record is Doggerel too".
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Pixies are currently performing at the BBC6 Festival in Wales, about an hour before their set time Charles was interviewed on BB6 by Steve Lamacq. Charles said the band had recorded an album in Vermont shortly after last Christmas, they just recently finished it and it will be out in September. He said the title of the album is Doggerel.

And then he said they’re recording ANOTHER album in Wales next week, at Rockfield Studios in Monmouth Wales!

Exciting! Sounds like the band is making up for lost pandemic time!

Really? You definitely heard *another* record? I hope it's called I told you there was 40 songs

Edited by - Sprite on 04/01/2022 14:25:00
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:13:29  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Or... exactly what Sprite posted a two minutes before me. ha ha
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a real time PIXIES news service.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant believe this was all happening while I was watching Newsnight...
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:19:16  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Really? You definitely head *another* record? I hope it's called I told you there was 40 songs

Yes, Charles said Human Crime was done last year, he did his part from his living room, he doesn't know where the rest of the band did their parts. Then the producer (I'm assuming Dalgety) kept bugging him for more songs, and Charles kept putting it off until a couple weeks before Christmas, then there was a big burst of writing over a couple weeks. then they recorded an album in Vermont in January (which lines up with Paz's instagram posts). He said they'd just finished that album and he heard today it's coming out in Septemebr and it's called Doggerel. Then he said they're going to be recording ANOTHER album this coming week in Wales at Rockfield studios, same studios Indie Cindy was recorded at. So... yeah! One finished album and one they're recording this coming week!
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw man that's just great. I have not felt so much Frank energy since the day I walked home from the record shop with Black Letter Days and Devil's Workshop in the bag.

Edited by - Sprite on 04/01/2022 14:26:46
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  14:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, looks set to be an exciting year!

I understand the Rockfield sessions are very much in addition to the Doggerel album, which as Charles revealed is already scheduled for release.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie
- FB Fan -

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  16:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, although it would be more great if it was coming out sooner than September.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  17:10:42  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who knows what to aim for these days - there could be another fake pandemic just around the corner? Or something else.

Be nice if the world went back to how it was pre-Covid, even though things weren't perfect then either. I don't think it's going to though but I hope I'm wrong about that
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2022 :  19:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be awesome if this was another turn with Gil Norton since it's where they recorded IC
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  02:48:26  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interview with said information is up here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0015lgp

47m - Pixies rehearsing Human Crime in the background
1h41m - Frank Interview

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  03:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie

Great, although it would be more great if it was coming out sooner than September.

Probably a combination of promotional schedule and vinyl pressing wait time! It's actually a shorter wait than BTE/Indie Cindy etc.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  05:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try to do my best and avoid the pot conspiracy bait - so great news about all the recording activity!
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  06:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Find it a bit strange they'd release the name of the album so early, especially as the title is exactly the same (although spelled differently) to Fountains DC debut Dogrel in 2019. They've covered Gouge Away so who knows it may be an appreciation and not so subtle nod of approval in their direction.

Nice news though, more Pixies / FB is always welcome. Cool they're doing a session at Rockfield studio though would be majorly surprised if Dalgety wasn't producing. Which isn't a shame but it seems like there's been a ton of tracks Dalgety has passed on over the years so would be interesting if someone like Norton would take these on. But good news nonetheless.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  06:33:48  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

I'm going to try to do my best and avoid the pot conspiracy bait - so great news about all the recording activity!

Just reiterating what Bill Gates said, although he won't admit to the fake side of things. Global mortality rates for the past few years show that.

The reason I'm mentioning it is because the Covid hysteria is still going on - and with all cause mortality rates spiking across all ages as a result of vaccine injury I think the cabal of western leaders who all graduated from the WEF before inflitrating our democracies with their lies and fascism might attempt to fake another pandemic using these numbers.

So as we head into the winter next year, just as Pixies release their new album we could be facing more lockdowns and restrictions on travel, which will surely affect any tours they might have planned.

No "conspiracy bait" just some uncomfortable truths. Whether you see it or choose to bury your head in the sand things are only going to continue getting worse as we head through this decade towards 2030, the target the UN and the WEF have set to "reset" how we live and it's all going to tie in with the green agenda. We can all look forward to the complete collapse of western civilisation in the very near future, and it's all being planned for us by people who were never elected to decide our futures, and sadly I think it's all going to happen because not enough people are awake to it or prepared to stand against it.

I'm not trying to put a downer on the news of the album release. We can all look back on this post and see if I'm right, which I hope I'm not.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  06:35:02  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Find it a bit strange they'd release the name of the album so early, especially as the title is exactly the same (although spelled differently) to Fountains DC debut Dogrel in 2019.

Maybe there's another single release in the imminent pipeline and it's going to be the title track of the album?

Edited by - pot on 04/02/2022 06:37:06
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  07:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was interesting to read that the songs were written in a couple of weeks. Might bode for well for it sounding like the BTE demos.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  08:14:43  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just before Xmas as well - not sure why this meant no presents for his kids though? Surely he could have ordered them a new iPhone or a Playstation on Amazon at least.

Worth noting here too that Violet was hinting last year on facebook at possible new Grand Duchy music too. Could be a bumper year/next year for new material - maybe he's going to try and make up for the lack of new music coming out since 2019, which will be his longest haitus since Come On Pilgrim.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  10:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Find it a bit strange they'd release the name of the album so early, especially as the title is exactly the same (although spelled differently) to Fountains DC debut Dogrel in 2019. They've covered Gouge Away so who knows it may be an appreciation and not so subtle nod of approval in their direction.

Nice news though, more Pixies / FB is always welcome. Cool they're doing a session at Rockfield studio though would be majorly surprised if Dalgety wasn't producing. Which isn't a shame but it seems like there's been a ton of tracks Dalgety has passed on over the years so would be interesting if someone like Norton would take these on. But good news nonetheless.

It wasn't the 'official' album announcement as such, but that's not too far behind from what I hear. The band speaks very highly of Tom's work, especially with the new record. Clearly BTE was a happy experience for all too.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  10:44:24  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So what are you saying it might not be the actual title of the new album and Frank was just giving his usual slightly disheveled responses?
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  12:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Tom Dalgety has done great especially with Beneath the Eyrie. I'm more just curious what happens to the songs that don't make the final albums. Will they stay as demos or get reused further down the line in some form or another
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2022 :  12:07:29  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

1h41m - Frank Interview

A very clear interview album's done and will be released in september
Next week a new session for another record

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2022 :  05:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:
Originally posted by pot

1h41m - Frank Interview

A very clear interview album's done and will be released in september
Next week a new session for another record

Exactly. The announcement (and single) and release dates for the album from the January session are already set.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2022 :  05:28:23  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you think Human Crime will make the record?
It's not from the January session

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2022 :  06:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

Do you think Human Crime will make the record?
It's not from the January session

Heard it was intended as a standalone single, but we'll see...
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2022 :  05:58:59  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is some great news, gonna check that interview out

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2022 :  09:19:04  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thinking about it here - if he wrote 40 songs in a couple weeks, I wonder how fleshed out they were in terms of the structure he wanted. Were they mostly there or did the band need to do extra fleshing out beyond just the arrangements? If they got worked a lot in the studio they might have expanded out somewhat. 40 songs in a few weeks… banging them out like that, maybe they’re shorter blasts of songs, more like the 2-3 minute songs of the 1.0 era. It would be awesome to have a couple 14-15 track albums that still come in under the 40 minute mark like the old days…

I prefer the “pitch fast and throw strikes” approach, and that looks like the gear they’ve shifted into. 40 songs written in December, bang out an album in January, right back in the studio 3 months later to bang out another album… sign me up.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 04/04/2022 09:21:32
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2022 :  10:30:50  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah totally

Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2022 :  11:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing. It seems to be going at breakneck speed, could make for a quite different record this time.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2022 :  10:28:02  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018837418

Dave also talks about recording a second record

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000