New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  12:13:17  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://mainstvinyl.com/UPC/4050538606324

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  12:58:54  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.roughtrade.com/us/pixies/hear-me-out-mambo-sun?fbclid=IwAR1EcCA_EbUw4lrIr6Xbn3F53c75qKX8MRKDPzEOQ87MD7Odk1UADgYL2jM

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  15:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don’t buy vinyl but COOL!
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  02:18:00  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Audio snippets of the band recording "Hear Me Now" taken from the It's A Pixies Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7Rm13uBvM
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  02:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news. Thanks for putting that compilation together Yarbles. Top work.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  07:49:47  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Audio snippets of the band recording "Hear Me Now" taken from the It's A Pixies Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7Rm13uBvM

Gracias yarbles

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  09:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This really slipped by me in listening to the podcast. Super interesting...
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  23:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a US only release?
Can't really find much about it online. Just available for pre-order in a handful of US record shops so far.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2020 :  11:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very very nice surprise. Thanks Pixie Punk & Yarbles, I remember hearing that snipped on the Podcast but totally forgot about it.
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  07:03:27  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixies just put it up for preorder in their UK/EU merch site
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  07:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks just grabbed me one. Oddly very excited about this.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  09:09:26  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Hear-Me-Out-Mambo-Sun-Limited-Edition-Yellow-Vinyl/6PE60000000 Something to read about the release here.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  10:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats the likelihood of a dl code with a 12"? :/
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  14:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Hear-Me-Out-Mambo-Sun-Limited-Edition-Yellow-Vinyl/6PE60000000 Something to read about the release here.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

So Another Frank & Paz co-write. That's five now in total I think?
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  22:21:09  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
“‘Hear Me Out’ is about things not turning out the way we hoped, but knowing that it’s going to be ok regardless

! The things that Pixies songs are about these days...
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  08:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Underwhelming lyrical content but the guitars are enjoyable.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  08:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really enjoying these FB & Paz co-writes. Got that 90s vibe a bit like Long Rider.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/pixies-to-release-new-single-hear-me-out-today-2760495

Edited by - Sprite on 09/24/2020 08:21:56
Go to Top of Page

Ecto
- FB Fan -

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  09:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://youtu.be/DaHzIGK_vWs

I don’t know what I was expecting but I guess it’s enjoyable. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Edited by - Ecto on 09/24/2020 09:54:16
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  10:43:23  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.iconvsicon.com/2020/09/24/pixies-roll-out-music-video-for-hear-me-out-co-produced-and-starring-paz-lenchantin/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  10:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Ecto for sharing.

First listen: I dig it
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  13:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Digging that, video seems a bit unnecesary but whatever.

Has the T Rex cover surfaced anywhere? I thought it was a double A side but only 1 track has appeared on spotify.
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  15:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love this little song.

The casually cool Paz singing over Joey's vicious guitar; the playfully zany xylophone melody; it's got that sort of blissed out 90s Dandy Warhols style of not giving a fuck. There are lots of contrasting elements that all come together very nicely, particularly from :53 to 1:08.

It's simultaneously kooky, crazy, and carefree. Yet another nugget of gold from the golden BTE sessions.

Edited by - tamefan on 09/24/2020 16:41:12
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  17:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one in love with this song????

I slotted it into my resequenced BTE tracklist:

1. Silver Bullet
2. Graveyard Hill
3. Long Rider
4. Hear Me Out
5. Bird of Prey
6. St. Mazaire
7. Los Surfers Muertos
8. Catfish Kate
9. This is My Fate
10. Mark of Cain
11. Ready for Love
12. Daniel Boone
13. Death Horizon

It keeps the energy going after Long Rider. Big fan of this!

Edited by - tamefan on 09/24/2020 17:36:22
Go to Top of Page

Jamie
- FB Fan -

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  17:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

lots of contrasting elements that all come together very nicely

That pretty much describes the Pixies in general.

---

I like the song a lot, but I feel like I'd like it more in the context of an album, if that makes sense. I get why it was left off BtE, but still. They should have put out an EP of all the songs that were left off BtE.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Bravo
- FB Fan -

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  18:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the drums, a lot!
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  22:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really gonna need BF and Paz to raise their pen games for future releases. A lot of the 2.0 songs are so damn simple without the weirdness and quirk that elevated similarly simple songs during the first go round. This track is only enjoyable to me for the instruments to be honest. Just not a fan of her singing voice.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  23:29:31  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love this song. Lyricus are not that great, but boy do I like her lead vocal
Chords and melody by FBF are very nice too
Joey makes it Pixies

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  23:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I liked the song but I agree with nate. I'm just not hearing anything very interesting or unusual or surprising (which the BTE unreleased demos, which I call Beneath Beneath The Eyrie, fulfilled for me pretty well.)

I like the vibe of the song, a bit like Blonde Redhead. But yeah...do Pixies not do dynamics anymore? It's all just...so consistently pleasant sounding. Where's the curveballs?

I also thought Indie Cindy brought the surprise and weirdness and dynamics but woops, no one liked that apparently so oh well.

I may grow to love it though, only listened one time.
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  03:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had it on at decent volume in the car today, wish they'd get Joey higher in the mix and give him a bit more separation - sounds like he's playing some great stuff but it's getting buried.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  07:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

Love this little song.

The casually cool Paz singing over Joey's vicious guitar; the playfully zany xylophone melody; it's got that sort of blissed out 90s Dandy Warhols style of not giving a fuck. There are lots of contrasting elements that all come together very nicely, particularly from :53 to 1:08.

It's simultaneously kooky, crazy, and carefree. Yet another nugget of gold from the golden BTE sessions.

Yes Dandy Warhols, great reference. Also getting a little bit of Johnny Marr late Smiths feel in the rhythm guitar. Don't get the not really Pixies comments. To me it sounds much more Pixies than Bagboy or Blue Eyed Hexe. I love the part that comes in after first 'it's OK' up the wonky organ. It makes me think of Dig for Fire, Navajo know, or I can't Forget. Yes polished, understated, but undeniably Pixies.

I have listened to it 10 times. Going to try to limit to once a a day so as not to wear it out. But I think it goes into my top Ten Pixies 2.0 list. I think Paz singing is great, more is fine by me. I'm not fussed about lyrics really and it beats rhyming Kate with Kate. Agree it's great to hear Dave slipping in a few more fills & breaks.

With BTE and now this, it's the most excited I've been about Pixies 2.0. Paz has been so good for them.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  08:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

I liked the song but I agree with nate. I'm just not hearing anything very interesting or unusual or surprising (which the BTE unreleased demos, which I call Beneath Beneath The Eyrie, fulfilled for me pretty well.)

Ha! Very good. I had the demos as a standalone album on my phone called Above the Eyrie with the BTE artwork colour inverted. Was almost sad when the full album appeared on Spotify.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  09:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like pure 2.0 Pixies to me.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  10:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Paz harmonies. Needs an uncompressed/unbrickwalled release, like most of 2.0 (that will never, ever happen of course)

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  11:34:58  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I prefer the demo version. Something about them just jamming in the studio that's so much more Pixies 1.0
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  19:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just listened again, paying attention to the lyrics. Blech. They are just so bland and forgettable. Not to Pixies caliber in my view. They are the kind of lyrical style I've never liked: no specifics, just vague feelings. I like lyrics that evoke the five senses. Give me some who, what, where, why, how...give me some more than just generic statements. Pixies lyrics traditionally (even in the 2.0 era) have so many interesting objects, places, people in them. Lots of left turns and lyrics that jump out at you surprisingly. Not here.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2020 :  09:41:21  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the song. Joey's on fire as always, and I really enjoy Paz' singing and bass parts. But it's completely ruined to me by the drums part. I always tend to focus on it because I used to play the drums, and honestly, it's horrible. Makes me sad because I always loved what Dave did on the original albums. I learned a lot when we had our Pixies cover band. The fills on the new song are so pedestrian, plus he seems to be always late. It's a real turn off.

Denis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000