trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  05:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Now more than ever we don’t know what we don’t know

Ventilators are not a panacea. Our head of state is though.

In times when nothing stood
but worsened, or grew strange,
there was one constant good:
she did not change.

Larkin

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  17:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it gets me my epitaph should read

I'm not sure I like this coronavirus

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  06:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the uncomfortable yet achingly common and otherwise ignored aspects of life become weaponized as phenomenon shit turns sideways. Yes there is a virus, yes if contracted it can be lethal, but the same is true for sepsis. When was the last time news outlets ran 24 hour coverage about sepsis?
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  15:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

When the uncomfortable yet achingly common and otherwise ignored aspects of life become weaponized as phenomenon shit turns sideways. Yes there is a virus, yes if contracted it can be lethal, but the same is true for sepsis. When was the last time news outlets ran 24 hour coverage about sepsis?

What dan? CNN are always banging on about racist sepsis.

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  21:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ventilators! Respirators! Suddenly this is all anyone talks about.
Besides washing your hands and staying the hell away from each other.
The conversation has gone from non existent to sheer panic.
I go into the grocery store and people are walking around like they are in a gas chamber.
I have heard the highways go quiet before, snow storms, blackouts, September fucking eleventh. But this is nuts.
If people don't get back to work and resume their otherwise miserable lives society as a whole is done.
Life was already hard, it was never easy.
Here in goddamn New Jersey, there are countless nursing homes where mothers, fathers, sons and daughters are hideously kept alive on ventilators without their consent.
Families just shrug their shoulders and listen to doctors who for some reason don't educate them in regards to the death process.
That doesn't sound fun or optimistic but the majority of the times that CPR is performed on a person the situation is futile and downright gruesome.
I have to go back to work in a couple days and I got to say I am not looking forward to it.
It would be really helpful, if just for once, there was a program on the TV that spoke honestly and respectfully about death.
Sorry for my rant, obviously there are too many issues to count or address. I am just grateful for this forum and I hope I that I have not offended anyone.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  19:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My best advice, Dan -- turn off your TV.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  20:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey dick face, my best advice is for you to check yourself
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  21:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am about to return to a shit storm you condescending twat.
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  21:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The folks I take care of watch TV 24/7 and it hurts when me and my partners have to explain what death is. And we do it every day
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  21:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But what the hell, situational awareness ain’t what you need huh
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  05:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your charges could have no finer protector. I know what death is. Three years on I still think often of two in particular who cared for my father before he went of vascular dementia, 3 months after his 90th. He was an Indian and needless to say a cricket fan. I got him a card with a cricketer on it and the message I wrote? "90 not out". He laughed the laugh I remembered.

I get it. Even thanking you for what you do might sound condescending. So I'll just say I'll be thinking of you. From what little you've told me. And you've told me a lot.

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  06:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I meant it in earnest, Dan. You mentioned in multiple posts about the negative nature of TV's coverage of this topic, so I suggested in earnest that you turn off the TV -- no condescension or twattery intended. I despise TV news, and most of the slime that comes out of our TV sets, and that's where I was coming from. I don't know you from Adam, and I certainly don't know what you do for a living, but I clearly touched a nerve, and for that I apologize.

Edited by - coastline on 04/07/2020 06:11:30
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  07:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to say in as much sincerity as I know how to tap into that I appreciate everyone sharing so openly about this on this forum. It is a good reminder that we are alive and human.

I feel you Dan. I'm not sure what else I can say other than your post made me feel and imagine what this is like for you, and it connects to what it's like for me.

Thank you also Coastline and Trobrianders for your responses.

I lost a personal friend last week. We survivors can't even gather to hug each other.

I hope we will continue to post whatever we post through this and after.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  10:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting my third week of self-isolation with mild symptoms. They're moving south. Nose and throat 1st week, chesty cough 2nd. Am acutely aware the little multiplying bastards go for the lungs around week 3 or 4. So waiting to see. Not anxious. A close friend once told me I have dumb luck and since then I've understood why I don't get anxious.

Developed mild symptoms same day as Boris. He's my age. Same age as Frank too. Boris went into intensive care yesterday. Get well Boris. My Brexit hero! Coincidentally I was born 10 days before Boris' hero died. Boris has written several books on Churchill. My dad swore he took me, a two week-old baby, out to see Churchill's funeral procession. My first day out! My mum swore he didn't. Never did get to the bottom of that one. I think I saw the procession. I think my mum didn't want to admit she let a two week-old out of her sight. Also I was born on the day Dylan recorded It's Alright Ma, a song with many quotable lines, one of which is 'he not busy being born is busy dying'. He sang me into this world while every other fucker was busy dying.

Birth and death

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  12:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

I meant it in earnest, Dan. You mentioned in multiple posts about the negative nature of TV's coverage of this topic, so I suggested in earnest that you turn off the TV -- no condescension or twattery intended. I despise TV news, and most of the slime that comes out of our TV sets, and that's where I was coming from. I don't know you from Adam, and I certainly don't know what you do for a living, but I clearly touched a nerve, and for that I apologize.

Dude I am so embarrassed by how I reacted to your response. Very sorry. Fucking stressed

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2020 :  17:46:02  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkMYYiB84xI
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2020 :  13:40:08  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Funny like, I just had a look around on the https://www.ons.gov.uk/ website and so far this year there have been around 150,000 deaths in England and Wales, just slightly below the current 5 year average. It's all very well bandying about scary death figures in the media, but if you take a closer look and it turns out the same thing more or less happened the year before, and the year before that you begin to question what the hell this is really all about. Furthermore there are very few deaths on the ONS site being attributed to COVID19, because the vast majority of people who are suspected of dying from this are not being tested (in the UK anyway) and it's it's just being included as a potential factor by doctors.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2020 :  14:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Astonishing how western pundits, experts and politicians, even now, aren't willing to admit that it's their dangerously deluded lefty liberal philosophy that has led to hundreds of thousands of needless deaths and worldwide economic disaster. Trump exposes them daily in his press conferences in simple, stark language. To paraphrase him; travel bans work for the same reason quarantines work. His savage indictment today of the WHO and the numbskull lefty liberal leaders of the west should be seen by everyone.

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2020 :  03:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A recent post I read on a news website:
"As a 64 year old I would like to point out that if a couple of million Brits with impaired health and/ or my age and over were 'culled' by the virus the economy would benefit".

A sustained world population of about 500 million humans would do the world and humans much good I reckon. But lefty liberals these past 100 years love keeping humans alive and in difficulty in massive number. That's their philosophy. That's how they benefit.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2020 :  11:15:18  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trobianders, get well soon but can you please not turn every thread into your political podium. I have no interest in hosting a far-right forum.

Pot, what it's all about is not having those deaths climb to a point where it's not some crazy number where you're thinking "Oh man, guess we should've done something". If the death toll doesn't get too high, that's a good thing, not a sign of some massive coordinated worldwide plot. If, when the new cases dry up, the restrictions don't start lifting without a sound reason or timeline to when they should lift, that's a time to start being concerned with a power grab at whatever level of government and regardless of their affiliation. But not in the midst of this.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2020 :  05:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new cases won't dry up my friend in fact they will increase. Why? because new protocols in place dictate that If a patient 18 years or older in cardiac arrest with a non shockable rhythm and with no reversible causes of arrest will be pronounced dead on the spot. No more CPR no more huffing and puffing, just dead. I am concerned for the safety of "first responders". Telling grieving family members that their loved one is dead can be dangerous. I also have an issue with every death (without obvious trauma) being counted as "possible" COVID19 related.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2020 :  16:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Show of hands -- who now wears a face mask when they go out in public? I've been doing it for a couple weeks now -- on those rare times I do leave the house -- and it's still surreal. One of many, many surreal things over the past month or so. Can't help but wonder what "normal" will be when it finally returns.

Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2020 :  22:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do and everyone in my town does. It is surreal and it is depressing. I spend my whole time at work wearing a mask and then some. The parks are closed with police presence.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  06:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I have no interest in hosting a far-right forum.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

People who bandy about the term "far-right". They're really beneath contempt, you know what I mean?

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  12:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

Starting my third week of self-isolation with mild symptoms. They're moving south. Nose and throat 1st week, chesty cough 2nd. Am acutely aware the little multiplying bastards go for the lungs around week 3 or 4. So waiting to see.

any updates?

i wasn't feeling too well a week ago, but i think it was a typical case of the man flu.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  13:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you know, I'm now confused with it all. Thanks for asking. These mild symptoms are still hanging around. I don't get it. But nothing got worse. Better actually. Relieved to hear you're over it. Self-isolating to me just means we neighbors are talking to each other over fences and from balconies like we never did before. On Thursdays I come out on my balcony at 8pm and there's dozens out clapping and banging pots and pans. It is weird. I heard yesterday on the news that Belgium is hit bad. How are you all handling it there? Please continue taking care.

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  14:01:05  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pot, what it's all about is not having those deaths climb to a point where it's not some crazy number where you're thinking "Oh man, guess we should've done something". If the death toll doesn't get too high, that's a good thing, not a sign of some massive coordinated worldwide plot. If, when the new cases dry up, the restrictions don't start lifting without a sound reason or timeline to when they should lift, that's a time to start being concerned with a power grab at whatever level of government and regardless of their affiliation. But not in the midst of this.

I'm just trying to make sense of it all. A few weeks ago I was telling my mum off for visiting a relative that had just returned from Italy for the Rugby World Cup and at that time I was the only person taking this seriously. Now, I'm still taking it seriously; to OCD levels. I'm lucky in a sense that I now live in a small rural village in the country so my life is not that much different and I can get outside in the sun in my garden or go for a walk in nature when I like without the stasi intercepting me. I go to the shop and I wear gloves and take one off for using my card and go through a complex ritual through every stage of the process from home to shop and back, washing and disinfecting my hands many times, as well as washing the products I bought and my clothes.

I haven't checked the updated ONS stats for the UK again (and all the data is on excel files which need to be downladed and viewed on a paid copy of excel which I don't have) so I can only go by the summaries they provide and I'm not seeing pandemic levels of mortality rates. Most of the deaths from COVID19 are from the elderly and those with underlying conditions which we would expect to see similar numbers dying anyway from the flu, and as far as I know instances of deaths from influenza have taken a dip.

On the other hand there are photos of mass graves emerging and lots of NHS workers and key workers from other sectors contracting this and dying so it probably is a particularly nasty strain of coronavirus, but how deadly it is must be weighed up against the stats and in that context I wouldn't say it's so deadly that we have to put the entire world on lock down. There are lots of experts in virology and epidemiology who are suspicious of all this too.

We must also consider that most of the people who have died from the the virus may have been infected with it weeks before, before the lockdown came into force, which may indicate that the lockdown isn't actually making any difference.

Some social distancing measures and vulnerable people isolating is propbably the sensible way forward, but I am suspicious of anything we're told in the MSM these days and certainly it wouldn't be the first time a crisis has been manufactured and used to fear the masses into embracing new controls/restrictions on their lives. And with Bill Gates at the centre of it all coming to rescue the human races with mass vaccincations and Certificates Of Vaccination ID cards for everyone who wants to attend festivals again. I'm not an anti-vaxxer BTW my opinion on that is I don't know, I'm on the fence with that debate.

I've been self-bloody-isolating for the past 10 years anyway! Moreso in the past 3 years, and this year I wanted to sort my life out, earn a bit of money and get a social life and a trip to Holland to visit all my friends there (if any of them still remember me) and go to a coffeeshop, maybe hit a festival or at least go to one gig. But the world decided to all go to pot this year!

Unless this is a serious pandemic that threatens to wipe out half the human race then I think we should give it until June and then lift the lockdown, at least 90%. We can't just grind the entire world to a halt indefintely until no one has it. Sooner or later we're going to have to deal with it, and who knows with the population of the world increasing there could be more on the horizon.

And we need to legalise pot as well so everyone has access to it and it's health promoting qualities, for example the ability of CBD to control cytostorms (which is the stage in virus infection when it becomes deadly).
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  14:12:38  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

Show of hands -- who now wears a face mask when they go out in public? I've been doing it for a couple weeks now -- on those rare times I do leave the house -- and it's still surreal. One of many, many surreal things over the past month or so. Can't help but wonder what "normal" will be when it finally returns.

I don't know there's much point unless you are working in a hospital treating people with it. As long as you don't get to close to folk when you are out and no one coughs on you you're not going to get it from just breathing the air.

It's touching things other people have touched and then touching your face you need to watch most. A few weeks ago, before the lockdown I went round the local supermarket with latex gloves on and people were looking at me and I felt like a bit of nob end.

Now when I go to the shop there are people there also with gloves on and face masks. Those are the ones I make the greatest effort to stay as far away from as possible also because I think maybe they are wearing it because they think they might have it because they work in a hospital and don't want to spread it if they do. So maybe wearing a mask will work in your favour by OCDing people further away from you.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  15:39:31  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm wearing a mask, but it took me a long time to finally do it because it felt so strange. But once everyone in my neighborhood was doing it I actually felt more strange not doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  15:41:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

I'm just trying to make sense of it all. A few weeks ago I was telling my mum off for visiting a relative that had just returned from Italy for the Rugby World Cup and at that time I was the only person taking this seriously. Now, I'm still taking it seriously; to OCD levels. I'm lucky in a sense that I now live in a small rural village in the country so my life is not that much different and I can get outside in the sun in my garden or go for a walk in nature when I like without the stasi intercepting me. I go to the shop and I wear gloves and take one off for using my card and go through a complex ritual through every stage of the process from home to shop and back, washing and disinfecting my hands many times, as well as washing the products I bought and my clothes.

I haven't checked the updated ONS stats for the UK again (and all the data is on excel files which need to be downladed and viewed on a paid copy of excel which I don't have) so I can only go by the summaries they provide and I'm not seeing pandemic levels of mortality rates. Most of the deaths from COVID19 are from the elderly and those with underlying conditions which we would expect to see similar numbers dying anyway from the flu, and as far as I know instances of deaths from influenza have taken a dip.

On the other hand there are photos of mass graves emerging and lots of NHS workers and key workers from other sectors contracting this and dying so it probably is a particularly nasty strain of coronavirus, but how deadly it is must be weighed up against the stats and in that context I wouldn't say it's so deadly that we have to put the entire world on lock down. There are lots of experts in virology and epidemiology who are suspicious of all this too.

We must also consider that most of the people who have died from the the virus may have been infected with it weeks before, before the lockdown came into force, which may indicate that the lockdown isn't actually making any difference.

Some social distancing measures and vulnerable people isolating is propbably the sensible way forward, but I am suspicious of anything we're told in the MSM these days and certainly it wouldn't be the first time a crisis has been manufactured and used to fear the masses into embracing new controls/restrictions on their lives. And with Bill Gates at the centre of it all coming to rescue the human races with mass vaccincations and Certificates Of Vaccination ID cards for everyone who wants to attend festivals again. I'm not an anti-vaxxer BTW my opinion on that is I don't know, I'm on the fence with that debate.

I've been self-bloody-isolating for the past 10 years anyway! Moreso in the past 3 years, and this year I wanted to sort my life out, earn a bit of money and get a social life and a trip to Holland to visit all my friends there (if any of them still remember me) and go to a coffeeshop, maybe hit a festival or at least go to one gig. But the world decided to all go to pot this year!

Unless this is a serious pandemic that threatens to wipe out half the human race then I think we should give it until June and then lift the lockdown, at least 90%. We can't just grind the entire world to a halt indefintely until no one has it. Sooner or later we're going to have to deal with it, and who knows with the population of the world increasing there could be more on the horizon.

And we need to legalise pot as well so everyone has access to it and it's health promoting qualities, for example the ability of CBD to control cytostorms (which is the stage in virus infection when it becomes deadly).

It's a confusing and scary time no matter what you believe, that's for sure. We've legalized pot here in Canada, it's funny to see great aunts with CBD oils etc.

We are going to have to let this infection spread, I think. Vulnerable people will die regardless and we can't stay locked down forever. The best hope is to have measured responses based on the capacity to treat the cases.

Dan brings up a point that is also very worrying. We here have also stopped doing aerosol generating procedures like CPR without PPE. Which means a lot of potential deaths that could be prevented in the name of preventing deaths that could be prevented. A few steps too far in my opinion, but then again, my wife is a nurse with some potential risk if she contracts covid and we don't want her taking that chance.

So what's the solution? On a societal/statistical level, I would take the odds of contracting the virus and then having complications leading to death over the sure risk of someone dying right now. But on an individual level, I'm not sure EMTs and many in the first responder world are compensated enough to take that risk and certainly don't think they should be forced to. Alternatively, those in first-response situations wear PPE all day. Which has its own challenges with spreading to the people they're trying to save but...

Back to Pot's point, it's complicated. And unfortunately, it's early days and too soon to make hasty moves, I think.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  17:42:32  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's a confusing and scary time no matter what you believe, that's for sure. We've legalized pot here in Canada, it's funny to see great aunts with CBD oils etc.

We are going to have to let this infection spread, I think. Vulnerable people will die regardless and we can't stay locked down forever. The best hope is to have measured responses based on the capacity to treat the cases.

Dan brings up a point that is also very worrying. We here have also stopped doing aerosol generating procedures like CPR without PPE. Which means a lot of potential deaths that could be prevented in the name of preventing deaths that could be prevented. A few steps too far in my opinion, but then again, my wife is a nurse with some potential risk if she contracts covid and we don't want her taking that chance.

So what's the solution? On a societal/statistical level, I would take the odds of contracting the virus and then having complications leading to death over the sure risk of someone dying right now. But on an individual level, I'm not sure EMTs and many in the first responder world are compensated enough to take that risk and certainly don't think they should be forced to. Alternatively, those in first-response situations wear PPE all day. Which has its own challenges with spreading to the people they're trying to save but...

Back to Pot's point, it's complicated. And unfortunately, it's early days and too soon to make hasty moves, I think.
[/i]

There's a lot of people in Canada in the pot movement who might say Canada hasn't actually legalised it? But that's another whole tangent. I'm sure everyone in Scotland would feel better with Canada rules as opposed to UK rules, or would we?

Nearly a year ago I won a twitter competition run by Dana Larsen and he sent me one of his comics, but sadly without 1g the of hash because I lived outside of Canada.

I'm currently back on the east side with my mum's car hoping she doesn't get it. Two of my cousins have had friends die from it (I'm told). My mum has acute respiratory problems and she ended up in hospital last year. So I went over to see she was alright and came back and now I have to stay here with the car and maybe never see her again. I have the car here so I can at least get back to see her through a window on a ventilator, if she even gets that. She worked all her life as an A&E nurse on nightshift for 30 years and now she doesn't even know if this lousy fucking government will even be able to provide her with care if she gets ill.

Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  00:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

I heard yesterday on the news that Belgium is hit bad. How are you all handling it there? Please continue taking care.

i didn't think we were hit that badly.
i've heard that we're counting differently in belgium (including unconfirmed cases from care homes, which have the majority of deaths). so we're not necessarily doing worse, the numbers just look a bit more dramatic, because they're completely different numbers.

we're still in lockdown (although they didn't want to call it that officially). since 18 march, till at least 3 may.
but we're allowed outside for walks or bike rides in our neighbourhoods. and we can go shopping for food, of course. schools are closed, though.
i'm working from home.

it's educational

Edited by - Discoking on 04/20/2020 01:12:30
Go to Top of Page

tisasawath
= Cult of Ray =

Wallis and Futuna Islands
783 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  12:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Funny like, I just had a look around on the https://www.ons.gov.uk/ website and so far this year there have been around 150,000 deaths in England and Wales, just slightly below the current 5 year average. It's all very well bandying about scary death figures in the media, but if you take a closer look and it turns out the same thing more or less happened the year before, and the year before that you begin to question what the hell this is really all about. Furthermore there are very few deaths on the ONS site being attributed to COVID19, because the vast majority of people who are suspected of dying from this are not being tested (in the UK anyway) and it's it's just being included as a potential factor by doctors.

i don't know about that 'below the average' - https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  14:01:54  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tisasawath

quote:
Originally posted by pot

i don't know about that 'below the average' - https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries

The graph I based that on was only very marginally below the 5 year average and pending updated figures. I don't have access to the full data because I don't have excel either.

The charts on that link do show a spike in something though, but I can't read the full article without registering..

There are many experts speaking out about this and saying things that don't fall in with the mainstream, like this guy. I don't know who he is but he seems to know what he's talking about.

As for the 5G stuff? I worked for a few years in high frequency microwave engineering, but it was all electronic testing. I remember the antenna groups all had shielded environments for their research. I personally don't think 5G is anything to do with this, but I do think it's connected to the deep state and being used to slide in global controls. 9/11 was an inside job and there is no doubt in my mind, as a physicist/engineer by training I know there is no way the towers collapsed in that way as a result of the planes hitting them alone. Cue media onslaught and civil liberties evaporating.

And we're going to see mass global civil unrest if the lockdown restrictions are not eased soon, perhaps that's part of the plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWtJJDDN-II

Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  22:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

i've heard that we're counting differently in belgium

this illustrates it well, i think: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html

it's educational
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000