Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1870 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2019 :  06:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>Need help with this one ;-)

It seems theres a lot of "special" chords (to me at least) on the verses
(chord pattern looks like XX321X (is it Am/F ????), then Francis plays the same pattern at different locations on the neck: 3rd fret, 5th fret, 6th fret)

(you can seen those here https://youtu.be/1J9qE6hkqeo?t=50 . hard to see but I got my clue from this video)

Like:

Am               Am/F
Have you seen my Desiree?

Bm/G             C#m/A
She rides the sea of silver gray

Dm/Bb           G#m    Bb       Am
You'll find her at the end of summer's day

G F

F       C            D       Bb
   Long Rider in the morning tide

G               C              A      D
   She took the highway to the county line

G            C          D      Bb
   She wiped out in the modern sense

He also plays this strange Am/F on Catfish Kate
(noted here without 2nd fret capo and all the extra notes played with the pinky finger)

C              Am
   Where is my angel fallen?

Am/F              Dm
      Down at the river bottom

G                        C
   And will she get away?

___
"Service Unavailable"

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1870 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2019 :  12:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyne have a clue about those chords ?

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  11:07:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Picpic, I'm looking to update the site's tabs section. Since you seem to be our most current and active guitar master, I have two questions:

1) Do you mind if we include these tabs in our tab page on the main site?

2) Would you be interested in being our new Proverbial Cereal and managing the tabs section of the main site as part of the FB.Net web team?

Thanks either way for contributing here!

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2020 :  04:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second that emotion.

Thanks picpic for all you've been doing on the tab side of life at this forum.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1870 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2020 :  08:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Hey Picpic, I'm looking to update the site's tabs section. Since you seem to be our most current and active guitar master, I have two questions:

1) Do you mind if we include these tabs in our tab page on the main site?

2) Would you be interested in being our new Proverbial Cereal and managing the tabs section of the main site as part of the FB.Net web team?

Thanks either way for contributing here!

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Hi COF, thanks for your message. Of course you can include my chords in the tab section !
I think the most accurate are
- Magdalena
- What Goes Boom
- Another Toe (almost, theres still a strange mystery chord in there that I can't name)
- Palace of the Brine
- Indie Cindy
- Blown Away
- Classic Masher
- All the Saints
- Oona (lead & ryhtm)
- Velouria
- Havalina

And thanks for your proposition about managing the tab section, but I think a real guitar player would do a much better job. But I'll always be glad to contribute and peer review other tabs in this section if theres any.

Bedbug, thanks for you words ;-)

And thank you both for keeping this forum alive !

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 01/25/2020 10:21:06
Go to Top of Page

doctordigger
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  18:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey picpic :)

After following your youtube channel for a while, getting some inspiration and buying a new guitar about 6 months ago, I must point out a few other tracks that you've presented on your channel which sound as close to the originals as I've seen anywhere on the net.

Without knowing whether you've ever written a tab for these songs, I's also add the following based on your yt channel:

- Letter to Memphis
- Alison
- Sad Punk
- Brick is Red (I've studied the way you play the lead part, using the unison bend in the opening riff, and not only does it sound accurate, the entire song is one of the most fun things you can do with a guitar)
- Hang Wire

Thank you so much for your efforts!

Down in the valley where there used to be the farms
Doctor Digger found a room full of arms
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1870 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2020 :  01:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks doctordigger

Being that guy with no ear, I get all my chords from concerts videos on Youtube. That's probably why they are more or less accurate.
I need to post Catfish Kate by the way. Rythm part is more complicated than it seems.

On a side note: as a huge Pixies geek, I recently bought the Black Francis japanese 80s telecaster you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewd9WgG8yZ4 . Now I can play Rock Music with the push-and-pull-on-bridge whammy effects .

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2020 :  06:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

Hi COF, thanks for your message. Of course you can include my chords in the tab section !
I think the most accurate are
- Magdalena
- What Goes Boom
- Another Toe (almost, theres still a strange mystery chord in there that I can't name)
- Palace of the Brine
- Indie Cindy
- Blown Away
- Classic Masher
- All the Saints
- Oona (lead & ryhtm)
- Velouria
- Havalina

And thanks for your proposition about managing the tab section, but I think a real guitar player would do a much better job. But I'll always be glad to contribute and peer review other tabs in this section if theres any.

Awesome, thanks. Would you instead mind putting these ones into a .TXT file in the same format that the others are in and I will take care of updating the tab section and putting them in there?

Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2021 :  12:30:15  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't think the chords are as complex as that. Also, Bm/G doesn't exist as such, with G in the bass all the notes of Bm have a much stronger relation to that bass note, so it'd be Gmaj7 (same with C#m/A, that's Amaj7). Anyway, I don't hear anything as lush as a major 7th chord in the song, sounds to me he's just doing his classic Frank thing of chromatic thirds (F and A major) but he starts off with straight diatonic (F and Am) to lull the listener in.

Verse seems to be:

Am F
Have you seen my Desiree?

G A
She rides the sea of silver gray

Bb Gm Bb A
You'll find her at the end of summer's day

(and back to Am for next verse, Frank is the man as ever)

edit: yargh, the post smooshed my chord spacing all to the beginning of the line, the words in bold are where the chords hit.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.

Edited by - Newo on 05/16/2021 12:45:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000