Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2019 :  19:06:47  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

I do feel like the critics or Pixies fans praising Daniel Boone, I just want to be like "if you like that song check out Frank Black & The Catholics albums..."

Could you recommend a specific song?

Daniel Boone reminds me of songs like Manitoba, Man of Steel (ok not technically Catholics?), I Will Run After You, The Swimmer, Dog in the Sand, Coastline, etc...My point is that for Pixies fans, having this emotional existential kinda ballad seems like a departure, but a lot of Catholics music has that kind of feel to me...music to drive around to and feel these cathartic sad feelings. Boone feels like a Catholics song to me so much more than a Pixies song, not that what the Pixies band does with it is nothing short of perfect.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 09/26/2019 19:09:52
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
177 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  08:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome response, that makes me want to give FB&C another chance. I haven't really enjoyed what I've heard (s/t, pistolero, sunday & dog). I'll give the band another shot and especially the songs you've listed.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  04:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn’t think this was possible, but I love this song even more after listening to the podcast episode about its creation and recording. Everyone in the studio knew it was special from the moment FB showed it to them, and they did such a good job adding the parts until it was a classic — especially Tom Dalgety. Wow.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  08:48:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

I didn’t think this was possible, but I love this song even more after listening to the podcast episode about its creation and recording. Everyone in the studio knew it was special from the moment FB showed it to them, and they did such a good job adding the parts until it was a classic — especially Tom Dalgety. Wow.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.

Agreed, those first chords are just like wow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000