Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blarg007

boy, i jumped ahead and didn't really read what goes on here yet
-but i know it's you if'n it sez 'the man' under your name
...so how is Portland? my mothers side is all from there
and i kinda wanted to emigrate that way but she was insistant that
'there is nothing up there..no jobs, etc...'
(that was in '79) i bet it's cool though.

R

Portland is cooool. Especially us yups livin' the LL (loftlifestyle).
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't believe you guys were so crappy towards the man(dave said he was, right? i'm a little confused).well, i've never had the chance to talk to him before, so hey! and frank, if you see a very nervous teenager walking towards you at some point after the vicar street gig in dublin, don't let her change her mind and run away!
and smyt is officially now my favourite kiss(i mean record) ever. thank you sir.

"In the Cult of Frank/it pays off to be an 'Irish Chick'"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:02:19  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you prefer to be called Frank, Charles, or Chuck here? Or something else?

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Did anyone else have to give up their first born?"
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hawken

Hi Frank...I'm a big fan.

I was wondering if you were going to play any gigs with the Catholics in the USA (Washington DC area) before the Pixies reunion?

Also I was wondering what kind of acoustic you used when you recorded "Farewell Bend"?

Thanks for all the great music.

A very specific question...will FB&THECs play D.C. BEFORE the Pixies reunion? Huh.

I think I played my 1956 Martin (ees ay good wun...)
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdisanto

Frank do you ever play at Colleges. I saw some thing on ticketmaster websites that had the "price" it would take to get x band to play at a college, and it had you guys at a relatively low price. I was wondering if that was true or not because eventhough the folks at Virginia Tech may not know it yet, they really want to come play for us. Great job the new album.

oh yah and did you ever hear that tribute album?

man this thread is getting out of control fast hah. well time to do laundry

-miked

Make us an offer....a GOOD offer! See you at the gig.

Edited by - frnck blck on 09/17/2003 15:09:14
Go to Top of Page

vlad drac
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is all the pixies reunion articles we've seen online true, or is some of it exaggerated?

Glad to see someone else is enjoying the mr. show dvd's.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:07:42  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, well sorry for asking for another scrap, but since you seem to be kicking around I do have one more question that I didn't ask a few pages ago:

We had your express permission to do the Frank Black tribute (please be sure to pop by with comments after you hear it, we'd love that). We're about to start a Pixies tribute album as the 'next step' and just wanted to receive your OK on going ahead with it and covering those songs. It will be the same thing as before, no money changing hands, just a fun project from some of your most devoted/obsessed fans. :)

Thanks.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:09:51  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooh, I finally thought of a question for the theatre lady to ask: Did you enjoy your Disastodrome experience? Do you have any plans to do anything similarly theatrical in the future? The set/light designer is my boss/friend & he spoke very highly of your performance.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Do you prefer to be called Frank, Charles, or Chuck here? Or something else?

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Did anyone else have to give up their first born?"

As long as one makes themselves understood to me, all is good. Thanks for fixing my responses; I'm new at this. I get how to leave the quote in now...
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:13:37  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not a problem! Just wanted to throw some ass kissing in: sorry for doubting you in the beginning! You know how easy it is for people to fake other people on the net...welcome back to the forum :)

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank Black, sir,*bows*(come on guys, be respectful!) couldya maybe play the snake or coastline in dublin cos i'd love to hear those live. you played new house of the pope and nadine if i remember correctly and they rocked on just the semi-accoustic so...yeah.
and i like the term 'uber-fans' though if anybody else said that i'd probably hate it.

Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by switchy

i don't really have anything to say, i just want to stick my head in this historic thread.
well ok, here're some questions..
¬ What's Billy Radcliffe about?
¬ What song did you play on that VH1 show in March '02 that never aired, Late World With Zach?
¬ What are the chances of more unearthed Pixies stuff being released (such as the Pixie versions of Brackish Boy and Surf Epic)?
¬ Do you have any comment regarding the pre-pixies dorm room demos that are available online? (Draw Attention, Fight With Honor, Just Keeping In Time, Silhouette)
¬ Do you like the Gigography of this site? spiffy, huh?

the answers are almost always in the lyrics...oh yeah, forgot about that Pixies version of BB...huh...I DO like the gigography. I just noticed it the other day. It made me feel...tired...did I play all those gigs? Well, thanks for it if you had anything to do with it...never did that VH1 show...those old demos...man....embarrasing. What are ya gonna do? Gotta start somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Frank,

Looks like you are currently holding court. Thanks for sharing your time. Love your music- especially your lyrics. I find the song "All my Ghosts" very interesting with the references to the fallen angels and henry the eighth. Can you give us any hints or insights into the song?

fuman

Edited by - fumanbru on 08/31/2004 06:28:13
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, I wanted to thank you for the Paris solo show you did at The Batofar this summer, and specially for the Shrimp Song translated in French.

Do you know who will open for you in Paris in November?

"Possession of anything new or expensive only reflected a person's lack of theology and geometry"
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

I was thinking something about tunings as well, BLT

Maybe Frank [you] can tell us about different tunings for other songs. (hey I am the tabmaster, just doing my job people)

-the Adventure and the Resolution?
-Jaina Blues?

Any of those use different tunings? I thought maybe Adventure tunes down 1/2 step but I haven't really tried to figure that out yet. And I'm not gonna try to figure out Lyle's handywork, though I think he uses delay to get alot of those cool riffs.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / But I got tired of hovering."

I think that Adventure is DADADE; Jim Jones from Pere Ubu showed me that...Jaina is one of those Keith Richards tunings...Dave Philips showed me...can't remember right now. Actually I gotta learn it again if we're gonna do the song...guess I could play it differently.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guy_nolan

Spidey sense going berserk!! This thread is a serious mind fuck, I'm about --- this far from belief. If you are -= The Man =- then I apologise for the doubt. If you can forgive please answer these questions...
1. Do you know what songs Josh Frank has licensed for the 'Teenager of the Year' musical?
2. What type of strings do you use on your Takamine? (The one with the hole)
3. Any chance you could ressurrect 'Oh My Golly' for the next Dublin gig?
4. My dad is still very enthused about the possibility of playing golf with the catholics in October... Yay or Nay?

Thanks in advance.

1. no idea
2. d'addario..fancy ones...coated
3. always a chance
4. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oddball

Hey Frank, I am an American living in Germany, real close to Ludwigshafen...what is the inspiration for Ludwigshafen on the Everything is New single? Is it about the town in Germany or something else? Looking forward to seeing you in Heidelberg.

Erik

The answer is almost always in the lyrics...
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank, could i be friends with dave p. or rich gilbert? i'm friends with richard presley of the breeders( why oh why did i mention them) and i'm trying to collect 'the extra guitarist' friends.
the next victim i'm going after is ed o'brien(could he and rich talk about tanya donnelly?(i didn't know rich liked her(maybe he doesnt) til i read that livejournal thing.)

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and yes i realise its a fake! don't make fum of me *glares at mike to make sure*

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i mean fun. not fum.

Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:29:05  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jessie, we would never make fum of you, dear.

Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foucaults Dog

Oh, one other thing. How serious are you about Jainism? Does this extend to a karma free diet?

Well, how serious are YOU about Jainism? Now, karma free diet...is that like free-range? Sorry. A little dark humor. I dig the Jains. Ever see the monastery with the bug chutes? Gently sweep 'em in and send 'em on their way! Amazing. The Jain grain sellers, too...with the food bowls for the rats! Great. No. I do dig 'em. I like that one site. real peaceful-like. I guess philosophy is something that you can dicuss all night. But I like to read the Jain stuff on that site from time to time. Dunno why. Just do.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:32:10  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, just wanted to say a quick hello. I think I speak for many of us here when I say that it's awesome to have you stop by the board. Harris, you too.

I guess my question for you is two part:

What music have you been listening to these days, and have you read any good books lately?

I'm ashamed to say I haven't picked up SMYT yet, but I plan on doing so with the utmost quickness.
Anyway, safe travels and I'll be looking forward to the next Catholics show here in DC.

Later!

~Our children are all released, since the river flushed them clean~ ---> http://psychictwin.tripod.com
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:32:24  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank, do you guys ever play ANGST live? Would you consider it in London?

Also, what is your favorite book? If you have one.

Thanks for visiting us, we (obviously) appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:33:03  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey! Book question overlap. Nerds.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haw haw. beat you mere. i repeat, haw haw.

Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foucaults Dog

If you ain't he that's ok, but if you are, one question please.
The Session you did with Glen Hansard... rather than going it alone, why he? Are you a fan, a friend, or just happen to share the same PR people here in Ireland? Believe it or not there could be a lot riding on your reply

Explain. Is some guy gonna lose his pinkie if I give the wrong answer?

"Non-possessiveness controls the senses

in the same way as a hook controls the elephant. "
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

FB - welcome back! love the new record - i think its the best yet. any news on the next US tour?

-brian

Thanks. No U.S. dates yet. We'll do some for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...glen ain't that popular.
well, amongst me.
i think it means your credibility hangs in the balance.

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
franks at 25 posts!! get the man some cats by his name.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dave, let frank show his true colours. i think some rainbow cats are in order.

Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:41:58  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, one last feeble attempt. People are going to start gnawing my shins if I don't go cook dinner soon.

I maintain the FAQ section for the website. Is there any question/answer combo that you'd like me to add to that section so that you can quit answering it? Anything you're just sick to death of answering for the patrons? (Besides my questions? :-)

Edited by - mereubu on 09/17/2003 15:43:22
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, a stupid question, but what is your favorite french food?

"Possession of anything new or expensive only reflected a person's lack of theology and geometry"
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:42:37  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, they should be black cats. All the way.

Go to Top of Page

Robert Onion
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
greetings frank

i have two questions. my first one forgive me if this has been answered since i didn't check all the pages in this topic

1 - is all the hoopla the media has about a pixies 'reunion' true or false?

2 - do you know when is the release date for the film Low Budget Time Machine?

Edited by - Robert Onion on 09/17/2003 15:44:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000