Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  13:41:27  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That duet with Courtney Love might be "too shocking for the planet." :P

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  16:00:54  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been informed that Frank was lurking, in the Courtney Love thread at least, so I thought I'd just say:
I like the fact that you have the CIA factbook in your links. I like that sort of stuff, it's interesting. You might be interested in www.fco.gov.uk, the UK version.

www.snopes.com/graphics/icons/news/snail.gif" border="0"> I'm like a lost snail in the night.
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  17:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yarrrgh! the one night i go to bed at a decent hour!
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  17:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"·$"·%%$%/&$&/%$·%$·" Again late!!!!

This are a wonderfull news!!! hear that Pixies will play some B sides and a new box set of catholics.

Super buenas noticias!! Espero el tour por latinoamerica!!!! Please!!!! :D

Salu2

P.D.: ummmm I couldn´t ask Frank about the meaning of encatuse... :(...I´ve always have that doubt
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  07:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice of him to pop by. I wish he wouldn't always do it when I am out though.

I wonder what picture he was gonna post.

I joined the secret forum, and all I got was this lousy secret
Go to Top of Page

Southbound Bevy
- FB Fan -

Russia
15 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  08:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, will you ever come to Russia. You have many fans here. And it's not fare after all to ignore such a big chunk of land. Thank you for your music.
And come back to the forum, pleeease.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  09:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks D, Floop and Jason for doing us proud.

Thanks Frank for droping in to chat too

Now I just need to figure out how I missed this... I think I was on line at the same time!!
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  09:52:27  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Nice of him to pop by. I wish he wouldn't always do it when I am out though.

Maybe he does that on purpose.

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  11:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may be on to something there Nathan.

Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  11:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another webchat from '98.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Bistro/7063/earwig.html

I especially like this line:

"I like Manchester. I have some good friends there"

I really need to find the rehearsal studios where they played.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  12:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!

"Music does not drag me down. Music lifs me up."
So THAT'S where that quote comes from. :)
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  07:26:49  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great I missed both the frank and the rich chats
that's the last time I leave for Amsterdam to see 50ft wave!

well no actually, it wasn't

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  08:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

that's the last time I leave for Amsterdam to see 50ft wave...

...of Mutilation?

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

silvereel
- FB Fan -

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  17:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank;

my daughter's name is Jacie. will you write a song about her please? she is only 4 months old, but is a big fan of yours. she was even in attendance of the pixies show you played in chicago last fall (in utero, of course).

by the way, was kim sick that day? it was the show that the coctails opened for you. she sounded like she might have been. no offense intended...

-Jeff
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  20:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your Royal Highness, your kindness, as exhibited in your presence here, is as vast as your kingdom, please grant me a comment and a few questions, my Lord. Forgive me in advance for my ignorance, and, please Majesty, enlighten me.

I am enjoying greatly the FB&C's I-tunes exclusive SMYT EP, the "Sugar Daddy" single from Wig in a Box soundtrack from I-tunes, and Oddballs from I-tunes.

Most Serene Highness, why does the I-tunes Oddballs only have 10 tracks and the original Oddballs has 14 tracks?

Royal Majesty, your B-Sides are difficult to obtain, out of print, and the only copies available are 2nd hand. Please tell me why all of your B-sides are not available to purchase via I-tunes or some other host?

Imperial Majesty, may you and the Royal Family be as blessed as you are a blessing.

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 04/30/2005 21:30:54
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  21:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yikes!

"Joined the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  22:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

King Charles IV, thank you in advance for your patience, I must add another comment and query to my above post. "At the End of the World" has become one of my favorite songs. What are some of your favorite John Candy moments? And your sentiment, "The sun came up less one ray", brilliant! May I borrow that for my epitaph many, many, years from now? You know, it's never too early to consider such things. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  21:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

All Hail Caesar!!!

FRANK BLACK AND THE STAX PISTOLS...very cool name for a band...who came up with that one, Steve Cropper, Jon Tiven, or Caesar?

Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  11:34:52  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Question to the King:

Hey frank, would you like to ask me a question?

I am 1c
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  06:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Benevolent Dictator

Your vocals on “BREATHLESS” are genius and mighty powerful stuff. I’ve listened to some samples from Jerry Lee Lewis’ versions of “Breathless”, there are two on I-tunes, and I can’t find that your vocals on this song resemble his in any manner. Jerry Lee does his signature falsetto tremolo throughout the song, and while he exhales prior to singing breathless, he takes another breath before he sings it, so that he’s not breathless at all at the appropriate time.

Yours is so much more genuine. The way you croon “breathless” is the key. You seem to thoroughly exhale and empty your lungs and then, devoid of air, you somehow manage to cry out “Breathless”, as if this woman truly leaves you breathless.

I must tell you, I’ve been trying out your “breathless” as a come-on to Mrs. CoffeeCan, taking all the credit for myself of course. It seems here lately, she has developed a somewhat high tolerance to my tools of seduction. However, the last two nights have been different. Each night I’ve waited until we’re laying in bed, I forego “Sports Center” and the “Weather Channel” and focus my attention on Mrs. CoffeeCan. She’s usually reading a book or working a crossword puzzle. So, I move over next to her and begin to whisper poetry in her ear. The most effective to date has been the lyrics to Breathless. While she laughs during the first few lines, when I get to “You leave me, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, breathless!” and do it just like you do, squeezing out that last bit of air in me to whisper "breathless", she loves it. It seems to have a Svengali affect on her. She melts in my arms and falls under my spell and complete control.

Sovereign, having said all of that, I must, with all due respect, ask you what’s up with that first chorus in Breathless. Instead of singing “you leave me breathless”…. You say “Ah, sorry….I just…”…..Why didn’t you just do another cut of that one and get it correct? Or, am I missing something there? I must be missing the point.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  11:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OldManInaCoffeeCan

Benevolent Dictator
Sovereign

Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  14:24:31  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, hey, Frank was the one who started calling himself "The King."

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  22:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought Elvis was "The King."
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  15:28:35  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What? There can only be one king?

Besides, Elvis is dead. Long live Frank!

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  17:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hail to the king, baby!!"
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  07:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Carl, your homage to our King is most appropriate...Love the picture, not only does it display the splendor of His Majesty, it also conveys the King's benevolent persona.

And, VoVat, how right you are (only partially I hope)! There can only be one King, "Long Live Frank"!!!

Concerning the King's death, presumably on August 16, 1977, I, like some many former faithful subjects of King Elvis (I now profess my loyalty to King Charles IV), prefer to view August 16, 1977 as the date King Elvis voluntarily abdicated the throne and retired to a peaceful Royal Retreat far, far away, available to return once again to the Throne if needed (prior to the Coronation of King Charles IV, and during the brief rule of Michael Jackson, King of Pop, King Elvis was ready to take back the Throne and restore legitimacy to the monarchy, however, as we can all attest, the emergence of King Charles IV in 1993 made such extraordinary measures unnecessary.)

Go to Top of Page

Shelobe
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  08:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

3.) the upcoming pixies tour: are the gigs with 2 shows in one night going to include b-sides/rarities?

yeah. some b-sides. haven't decided on meaning of rarites.

For the love of baby jesus, PLEASE play Manta Ray in Atlanta. If you see a girl in the crowd with a red FB&TC shirt on, give her an autograph <(^-^)>
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  05:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floop

quote:
Originally posted by darwin

Sure, I'm watching Sideways while Frank's chat on the forum. Thanks for the read. What now happens to the born in Long Beach idea?

i think that was still pretty vague

Maybe this is a trick question, but if you're just trying to figure out where Frank Black is born isn't it answered inside "frankblackfrancis" where the first sentence on the inside cover says the following:

"Sometime back in 1987 I think, the producer for what would become the Pixies first record, Gary Smith, asked me to drop by his apartment in the Allston section of Boston, just down the street from the building I was born in, to play some songs into his cassette walkman."

Frank,
see you in San Fran and San Jose. Happy Memorial Day.

=========================
Boy, you sure can holler.

Edited by - scruvs on 05/07/2005 06:19:02
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  06:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OldManInaCoffeeCan

Concerning the King's death, presumably on August 16, 1977, I, like some many former faithful subjects of King Elvis (I now profess my loyalty to King Charles IV), prefer to view August 16, 1977 as the date King Elvis voluntarily abdicated the throne and retired to a peaceful Royal Retreat far, far away, available to return once again to the Throne if needed (prior to the Coronation of King Charles IV, and during the brief rule of Michael Jackson, King of Pop, King Elvis was ready to take back the Throne and restore legitimacy to the monarchy, however, as we can all attest, the emergence of King Charles IV in 1993 made such extraordinary measures unnecessary.)

Go to Top of Page

Shelobe
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  12:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, if you ever come back by here and read the posts again, I just want to thank you for putting out FBF. I'm not super big on the 'treated' disc but I am so in love with the 'demo' disc. I must have listened to it about a million times now, sometimes it staying in my CD player for days. It is truely a work of art. I love every song on it, especially Nimrod's Son and Boom Chickaboom(the guitar on those are beautiful) and all your little voice improvs. It has now become my favorite Frank Black CD of all time.

No disrespect to the rest of the Pixies and although I love the real versions of the songs, the versions from FBF are the best. It's just you, your guitar and your quirky improvs. When I listen to FBF, I feel like a get to see inside your creative proscess and your raw talent. You, sir, are a god amoung men. I'm not just saying this to kiss ass or anything, I truely believe you are the best songwriter ever and I'm in awe of it. Thank you for sharing your great talent with all of us.

Build high, build high(say lalala)..god I love it.

-Christin
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  16:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Enlightened Despot

Whenever you may be so inclined, check out the "Rich Gilbert at the Bluegrass Inn" thread and the pictures. I bet you're chompin' at the bit to get out and jam aren't you!

Come on down whenever you're ready to warm up the boys in the band for your Honeycomb Tour. There are plenty of Honky-Tonks to go around.

Your Loyal Subject,
OldManIna"Honky-Tonk"CoffeeCan

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  23:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
King Charles IV

If I may be so bold as to inquire, what's in the black leather briefcase? (Oct. 6th Pixies show in Nashville and during the time the Sicilian was being recorded)

I have a theory. I believe it (you were carrying two) contains the charts prepared by Sir Lyle Workman for the studio musicians on the Sicilian album. I determined this by induction based upon Sir Jon Tiven's generous stories concerning your Royal Idea to record a second Nashville album when you came to town for the Pixies show at the Ryman on October 6, 2004. I noticed you were carrying two black leather briefcases when you exited your ride to the show in the alley and made your way to the back stage door. And, then when I read about your all-night recording sessions while you were here, I realized what you must have been carrying. Am I correct?

(By the way, that's my son Garrett. He was raised on Frank Black and has recently started listening to the Pixies.)

OldManIna"Sicilian"CoffeeCan

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 05/12/2005 23:09:11
Go to Top of Page

twist
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  18:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless you father Frank for ignoring pentameter.
Go to Top of Page

AnguilaNegra
- FB Fan -

Colombia
1 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  22:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im not sure if this thread is dead, but since Frank is "seven" he always can resurrect it:

Im southamerican, i always enjoy when you speak your taqueria-spanish although i dont understand any of it ;-), and i wanted to ask you if you are aware of your southamerican fans and when you plan to visit us. Southamericans are crazy just like you!

Let me give you a few reasons to visit southamerica and central america for that matter:

you will be eating tacos the way god intended
women here are hot and crazy for gringos locos (that would be you)
I live here

Seriously FB i admire you and even if you never visit southamerica i still love your music. Store this word, its the colombian version of cool: BACANO!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  22:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want to go to South America
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly