Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  18:26:37  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm going to organize something like this for when the tour is over...

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  23:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You rule, Dave. Literally. :)
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  03:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure that making a list will be a good idea. This will kill any spontaneity this thread can have.
And, more important, this could seem like forcing Frank to answer us and, in my opinion, having The Man like a member of this forum is the best privilege we could have.

"Join the Cult of the whore at the door / And You'll find no answers, but real fun"
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  13:08:49  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nicely put whore. It's cool that I can say that and not sound insulting.

In my defense... I'm just sayin'
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  18:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep. Nicely put, Whore!

I keep feeling like people are just looking at screens and web sites all the time, but do they ever do anything? Or go out and say anything to anyone? I'm not so sure anymore.
Go to Top of Page

the man who is too loud
- FB Fan -

33 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  18:58:47  Show Profile  Click to see the man who is too loud's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just some very obvious questions for in case Charles turns up on the site:
Are you considering a new pixies cd (or single)?
Is this the last tour of the pixies?
Will you, Kim, Joey and Dave focus on your solo career again?

To put it short:
What does your musical future looks like?
I could not decide on what I would like most, I cannot choose between pixies and FB+Catholics. My favorite cd is 'Dog in the Sand' however. If you could combine both, that would be great!
greetz from Belgium, see you at Werchter, Paris and Amsterdam.
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  23:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

Yep. Nicely put, Whore!

Thanks, guys!!! I'll make you an special price.

"Join the Cult of the whore at the door / And You'll find no answers, but real fun"
Go to Top of Page

BhopalStiff
- FB Fan -

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  20:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, if it is you, Frankie, then what color underwear am I wearing? Ha!!!! You don't know, do you? Well, that just proves it then. It proves that my underwear is my business and not yours. Plus I'm not gay, even for the infamous Frank Black. Too much information? Yeah it is. Sorry. Keep doing the Pixies thing. Big fan. Maybe I'll give you a demo of my band in Chicago. Shameless self promotion, you know? If it's not you, Frank, than you can go fuck yourself and get a damn life.

Catch ya later, Bill and Ted!
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  05:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BhopalStiff

Hey, if it is you, Frankie, then what color underwear am I wearing? Ha!!!! You don't know, do you? Well, that just proves it then. It proves that my underwear is my business and not yours. Plus I'm not gay, even for the infamous Frank Black. Too much information? Yeah it is. Sorry. Keep doing the Pixies thing. Big fan. Maybe I'll give you a demo of my band in Chicago. Shameless self promotion, you know? If it's not you, Frank, than you can go fuck yourself and get a damn life.

Catch ya later, Bill and Ted!

BhopalStiff, I am your fan.

And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
Go to Top of Page

bobob
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  06:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank. I Was at the last night at Brixton Academy in London last Saturday night. It was a blinding gig, 15 years 2 months and 7 days since I had last seen you and the Pixies live. A few moments stuck in my mind : Wave of mutilation/UK surf and first Joey missing the drum stick and then secondly Dave missing it when Joey threw it back during Vamos! Anyway, what I wanted to ask was, which night was your favourite? I'm guessing one of the first 2 nights rather then the last night. I know you did 3 encores on the Thursday but then the last two nights you did one looong encore - what makes you decide? Hopefully the audience! Keep up the writing. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  07:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

He hasn't posted since just a few days before the reunion started.

"When 5000 posts you reach / Look as good you will not, hmmm?"

So..., now there is a new Frank's post: Is it the right time to resuscitate my fave thread?

Edited by - whoreatthedoor on 08/08/2004 03:44:32
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  09:50:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's always the right time! :)

Go to Top of Page

chickenwithtwoheads
= Cult of Ray =

Netherlands
391 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  17:37:08  Show Profile  Visit chickenwithtwoheads's Homepage  Click to see chickenwithtwoheads's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
frnck blck is still alive

I'm bored with the valleys and bored by the peaks. So I bought a ticket to the Pixies
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  17:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dennis, I needed that a minute or so ago. Instead I went searching...

~~I love the north part, I love your marble ear~~
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  18:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
holy monkey, christian! yet again, you have your finger
on the pulse. thanks for clueing me in.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank
Go to Top of Page

chickenwithtwoheads
= Cult of Ray =

Netherlands
391 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  10:26:50  Show Profile  Visit chickenwithtwoheads's Homepage  Click to see chickenwithtwoheads's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

holy monkey, christian! yet again, you have your finger
on the pulse. thanks for clueing me in.

haha, you're welcome.

what's strange is that when I click on frnck blck's name no posts are found.
So, was it a ghost-post or what?

I'm bored with the valleys and bored by the peaks. So I bought a ticket to the Pixies
Go to Top of Page

twist
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  13:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Click on "find all archived posts by frnk blck" Did he used to be Frankus Blackus? Keep the thread alive!Even if it's not really umbelical anymore.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  13:57:23  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, he used to be Frankus Blackus, but he forgot his password. Something like that, anyway.

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  04:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See, he's just like us mere mortals, who forget our
passwords.

Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  04:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

See, he's just like us mere mortals, who forget our
passwords.

You're wrong. He's cheating us. He doesn't need to write a password. He remagnetizes hard disks with his mind power. When you have been touched by a Manta Ray, you can do, you know..., certain things.

Go to Top of Page

twist
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  21:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is overexamining the creative process destructive unless you don't take it too seriously? Or not? What say you Mr. Infallible? and probably a regular guy too
Go to Top of Page

wilsmyth
- FB Fan -

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  23:41:12  Show Profile  Click to see wilsmyth's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

days in the sun made her skin brown
and she grew up like a rattan
she got so high,
and I was so down
she wanted a much taller man

you cant save the preachers daughter
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  16:53:50  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
JEEEEEEESUS this thread is still here. I was looking for it a while ago and I couldn't find it. It lives, hey Mikey.

~*We lost contact and I hope that you don't mind. I was trying to save us both some time.*~
Go to Top of Page

Darkstep
- FB Fan -

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  01:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come back Frank, come baaaaaack.

She's built for speed.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  05:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto.

Go to Top of Page

plutron x
- FB Fan -

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  08:11:50  Show Profile  Visit plutron x's Homepage  Reply with Quote

hi Frank-

i love you, first off. and i'm really glad you left school to start a band.

i finally get to see you in november, in Toronto, with the Pixies, and i can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to it. i live right near London, Ontario, and i wonder if you've ever played there? and would you? i'd love to see you there so much.

is it a pain to sign things after the show? i am thinking of bringing my Teenager of the Year cd for you to sign, but i don't want to bring stuff if it's not a good idea. mwah Frank.

love,

leah

(in canada)

buy something or get out
Go to Top of Page

twist
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The King has been distracted of late by foriegn campaigns and his imminent heir, soon however he will be back in the great North West (Les Schwab, Bend OR 9/4) In his absence he's left the court with little more than cryptic hints, such as his Cool Links: http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.htm http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/ - Why? Hmmmm.
If his Blackussness does check in from his air conditioned cave - Welcome Back and a Heartfelt Congratulations from the court at large! And may I say personally that you Mr. Thompson sir guy man dude have my complete absolute utmost musical Respect and thanks for never ripping me off. Looking foward with great intrest and anticipation to Honeycomb. And the phantom future Pixies project with Waits & Beefheart(the rumors are growing in your absence) which will be so monumental half of us will not accept it and wail from the balconies like at opening night at The Rites Of Spring. Short version - you're O.K. man.
Hope you're able to get a breather, see you in Amherst.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

you Mr. Thompson sir guy man dude have my complete absolute utmost musical Respect and thanks for never ripping me off.

Twist, if I may quote Mr. Loaf, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Edited by - kathryn on 09/01/2004 11:00:46
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  23:55:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just reread lots of this thread and relived the excitement of FB/Violet posting. What a great thread this was, even if I feel bad about the whole Violet misunderstanding that happened.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  03:41:58  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You do have alot of time on your hands. Don't you?

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  06:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Cult, do you, in your infinite powers, have a clue as to when the King will return so we can relive the excitement anew for real? Can you tell us if he will return at all? Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  06:40:30  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean's powers are great indeed...he has been known to whip up a mean augury through the use of chicken bones and children's toenail clippings

Yet I'd be very surprised if he could predict whether Frank will visit this forum again at any point
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  07:25:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

You do have alot of time on your hands. Don't you?

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"

Well, to be fair, I read the first page, and then subsequently, my posts, fb's posts, Miss Thing's posts, and any posts he responded to... like Andy's suggestion that he do live discs and Cartland's suggestion they visit Icelandia.

But the answer to your question is still yes. :)

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  07:35:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mr. Cult, do you, in your infinite powers, have a clue as to when the King will return so we can relive the excitement anew for real? Can you tell us if he will return at all? Thanks.

Sadly, PsychicTwin AKA Alex AKA Vice-Assistant Augury Overseer is correct in that none of my spells nor voodoo can determine the precise time or date that FB will be back. Frank is like the wind... he whistles here and there they say (often it sounds a little like Abstract Plain), travelling from place to place as with the spinning of the earth and yet everywhere as with the twinkling of Neptune or Pluto. You never know when he's going to come up, but when he does, hold on to your hats.

More accurately, Frank is not like a dancing bear.

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  07:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well put, gentlemen.

I do have plenty of children's toenail clippings, should you require them. That's one of the benefits of chasing after a kid all day.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000