What Are You Eating?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  04:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Until Frank finally launches Steak And Sabre we are left to fend for ourselves.

What are you eating these days? What are you cooking? What restaurants are you into?

Obviously (and maybe unfortunately) I'll start.

As a bi-vegan (meaning I'm an omnivore when I'm not adhering to a plant based diet) I find myself experimenting a lot. Maybe I'll share some recipes.

For now I'll say that this Lipton tea with a chocolate croissant from the coffee wagon by my office is starting my day off right. I quit Dunkin Donuts (and all coffee) last week (coffee will return, Dunkin may not), so I'm back into tea hard core. Green tea is my favorite, but this Lipton black is pretty much the most available beverage in the nation.

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

722 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  10:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tucked into two breaded cod fillets along with some broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas covered in a little sweet chili sauce. Will probably get hungry in an hour but 'twas nice.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  02:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got half an Italian combo left over from yesterday.

Not a bad breakfast.

On a roll with lettuce, tomato, jalepenos and the mustard.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  07:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Subway is closing 500 stores in the States.

Eat fresh while you can.
Go to Top of Page

Srisaket
= Cult of Ray =

Thailand
302 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  01:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Until Frank finally launches Steak And Sabre we are left to fend for ourselves.

What are you eating these days? What are you cooking? What restaurants are you into?

Obviously (and maybe unfortunately) I'll start.

As a bi-vegan (meaning I'm an omnivore when I'm not adhering to a plant based diet) I find myself experimenting a lot. Maybe I'll share some recipes.

For now I'll say that this Lipton tea with a chocolate croissant from the coffee wagon by my office is starting my day off right. I quit Dunkin Donuts (and all coffee) last week (coffee will return, Dunkin may not), so I'm back into tea hard core. Green tea is my favorite, but this Lipton black is pretty much the most available beverage in the nation.

Something like this....
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2629 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  02:38:40  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A monster plate of home-made sag paneer

Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1516 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  03:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rice and beans. Of course.

No. But I discovered hummus after watching some BF stream when he was on his Periscope spree back in 2015. I have it every now and then.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  07:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm eating a box of stale matzos.

Not the box actually, just the matzos inside.

But I'm assuming there are similarities.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  09:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got Whitefish on an onion bagel with tomatoes, onions and Muenster, but instead of Muenster the guy put on mustard.

I took that as a bit of providence and ate it without complaining, not bad.

That was this morning.

How is the bagel situation where you are?
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  10:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see that we're finally discussing the really important issues here at FB.net. As someone who takes her bagels very seriously, I'm lucky to live in a place where real New York style bagels are easily available. Every strip mall you pass has either a deli/bagel shop, an authentic Cuban cafe, or both. It's awesome.

-----------------------
Q: Where do Pixies keep their instruments when they're not playing?
A: Debasement.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  09:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great Jeepster! You're making me hungry.

What do you usually order at the Cuban café?
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  12:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, there's this great little place just down the road from me that's actually a food truck, it parks off the side of the road and you can pull over into the grass and get something. The Cuban sandwiches are fantastic, but sometimes I get empanadas or tamales instead. The people who own the truck are very nice and if business is slow they usually give you free ham croquetas too. If I'm tired I get a cafecito. it's a kind of Cuban coffee that's basically rocket fuel- very strong espresso with a foam made of caramelized sugar. It's so strong that the servings are about a thimbleful! I last went there a few weeks ago with my friend, we got sandwiches to eat in a park and had a picnic while listening to Teenager of the Year.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
* Dog in the Sand *

1095 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  06:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeepster

Well, there's this great little place just down the road from me that's actually a food truck, it parks off the side of the road and you can pull over into the grass and get something. The Cuban sandwiches are fantastic, but sometimes I get empanadas or tamales instead. The people who own the truck are very nice and if business is slow they usually give you free ham croquetas too. If I'm tired I get a cafecito. it's a kind of Cuban coffee that's basically rocket fuel- very strong espresso with a foam made of caramelized sugar. It's so strong that the servings are about a thimbleful! I last went there a few weeks ago with my friend, we got sandwiches to eat in a park and had a picnic while listening to Teenager of the Year.

-----------------------

Sounds like the best picnic! I can only hope you listened to TOTY on a cassette tape playing in your boom box.

Haven't had Cuban food in a while. I'm gonna have to look up some places for lunch next week.
Go to Top of Page

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  11:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was really fun! Like the modern music fans we are, we listened to a digital copy of TOTY on my phone. she’d never heard any solo FB before and now she says TOTY is a masterpiece.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2536 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  22:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeepster

It was really fun! Like the modern music fans we are, we listened to a digital copy of TOTY on my phone. she’d never heard any solo FB before and now she says TOTY is a masterpiece.

-----------------------

It's great when you help someone discover music. I remember introducing a friend to the Pixies, and later, Frank Black. It's something that stuck with him for life. I feel pretty good about that.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000