-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 NY Daily News on Hall of Fame Snubs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

684 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  18:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixies are listed about 7th, down from Bjork and The Cure, if anybody cares

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/biggest-rock-roll-hall-fame-snubs-article-1.2390747

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  16:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Thompson gives a shit about things like awards....they may not even show up to accept.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Bravo
- FB Fan -

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  16:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

I don't think Thompson gives a shit about things like awards....they may not even show up to accept.


Maybe 20-30 years ago they wouldn't show up, but today, hell yes I think they would.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  14:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bravo

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

I don't think Thompson gives a shit about things like awards....they may not even show up to accept.


Maybe 20-30 years ago they wouldn't show up, but today, hell yes I think they would.



With Kim? See what I mean? I don't think they would want to deal with it...no pun intended.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Bravo
- FB Fan -

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  18:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bravo

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

I don't think Thompson gives a shit about things like awards....they may not even show up to accept.


Maybe 20-30 years ago they wouldn't show up, but today, hell yes I think they would.



With Kim? See what I mean? I don't think they would want to deal with it...no pun intended.


Ummm, yeah, you got me there. Not sure how that would go down if the time came. What happens when other bands have been inducted, but have had member changes. Do just the original members, or all members, or what?
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1311 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  00:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good joke would be to induce Breeders before Pixies.

Current Pixies would definitely show up. I think Charles is done with the "I don't give a fuck" behaviour for many years now.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

676 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  00:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you get paid for being inducted? Without meaning to be critical I'd say that factor would depend on them showing up or not.

In all honesty it's a pile of shite. Just a rock circle jerk. I wish Iggy would have taken a dump or something at it a few years back.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  04:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bravo

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bravo

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

I don't think Thompson gives a shit about things like awards....they may not even show up to accept.


Maybe 20-30 years ago they wouldn't show up, but today, hell yes I think they would.



With Kim? See what I mean? I don't think they would want to deal with it...no pun intended.


Ummm, yeah, you got me there. Not sure how that would go down if the time came. What happens when other bands have been inducted, but have had member changes. Do just the original members, or all members, or what?



Some bands have shown up with just the current members, some with both current and past members. If the Pixies are inducted, it will be mostly on the basis of their first albums, which Kim was an integral part. So do they ask her to come along or not? Maybe Thompson has mellowed, but Kim still remains a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  04:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

A good joke would be to induce Breeders before Pixies.

Current Pixies would definitely show up. I think Charles is done with the "I don't give a fuck" behaviour for many years now.

___
"Service Unavailable"



Breeders where just a flash in the pan. Pixies are now, as they were then, the darlings of music critics.
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
- FB Fan -

138 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Do you get paid for being inducted? Without meaning to be critical I'd say that factor would depend on them showing up or not.

In all honesty it's a pile of shite. Just a rock circle jerk. I wish Iggy would have taken a dump or something at it a few years back.



The opposite, I think - getting inducted costs money apparently.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  14:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Do you get paid for being inducted? Without meaning to be critical I'd say that factor would depend on them showing up or not.

In all honesty it's a pile of shite. Just a rock circle jerk. I wish Iggy would have taken a dump or something at it a few years back.



The opposite, I think - getting inducted costs money apparently.




You have to pay them? Really?

This is what Klaus Kinski said about awards,

"The German government writes me that it has awarded me the supreme distinction for an actor: the Gold Film Ribbon. What gall! Who gave those shitheads the right to award me anything? Did it never occur to them that there might be somebody who doesn't want their shit? What filthy arrogance to award me - me, of all people! - a prize! What does this prize mean, anyway? Is it a reward? For what? For my pains, sufferings, despair, tears? A prize for every hell, every dying, every resurrection? Prizes for death and life? Prizes for passion, for hate and love? And how did you shitheads intend to hand me the prize? As a gift? As a favour, like those tasteless hosts that the pope distributes like fast food? I'll kick you! Or do I come submissive, whimpering? I'll kick you again! And there's not even a check. It's outrageous!"
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5405 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  19:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile


Breeders where just a flash in the pan. Pixies are now, as they were then, the darlings of music critics.



Watch out!!!! Hot take!! Swing and miss
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

684 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  06:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Do you get paid for being inducted? Without meaning to be critical I'd say that factor would depend on them showing up or not.

In all honesty it's a pile of shite. Just a rock circle jerk. I wish Iggy would have taken a dump or something at it a few years back.



The opposite, I think - getting inducted costs money apparently.




You have to pay them? Really?

This is what Klaus Kinski said about awards,

"The German government writes me that it has awarded me the supreme distinction for an actor: the Gold Film Ribbon. What gall! Who gave those shitheads the right to award me anything? Did it never occur to them that there might be somebody who doesn't want their shit? What filthy arrogance to award me - me, of all people! - a prize! What does this prize mean, anyway? Is it a reward? For what? For my pains, sufferings, despair, tears? A prize for every hell, every dying, every resurrection? Prizes for death and life? Prizes for passion, for hate and love? And how did you shitheads intend to hand me the prize? As a gift? As a favour, like those tasteless hosts that the pope distributes like fast food? I'll kick you! Or do I come submissive, whimpering? I'll kick you again! And there's not even a check. It's outrageous!"



That's a great quote.

But if it's true that the ones receiving the awards have to incur a cost, what is the upside for them to go along with it? Just the press?
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  15:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, great quote. Immediately made me think of Dylan with Ed Bradley

One of Dylan's classics, "Like a Rolling Stone," was recently named the top song of all-time by Rolling Stone magazine. But it's an honor Dylan downplays.

"You know, the list, they change names quite frequently, really. I don't pay much attention to that," the 63-year-old singer says.

"But it's a pat on the back, Bob," Bradley says.

Dylan replies: "This week it is. But you know, who's to say how long that's going to last."
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

684 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  08:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reminds me of the Dylan quote to the autograph seeking fan:

"If you needed my signature I would give it to you."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000