Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  05:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that was insane.

The fifth or sixth time I've seen them, and this was the "heaviest" they've ever been. Usually they ebb and flow between the screamers and the lower key stuff - presumably for the sake of Frank's throat. But after opening with Hey, they moved into Dead and then pretty much the entire first half of the show was a non-stop barrage of shredding, vocal and otherwise.

I don't know how many songs they played, but it was a lot. They played almost every song from Come on Pilgrim (only missing Levitate Me). From the new record they played UCL, Might as Well Be Gone, All the Saints, Classic Masher, Oona, and Baal's Back. Also threw in Silver Snail from IC, but no other IC songs.

I yelled SUPER LECKER a couple of times, but was probably impossible to hear. Then the guy next to me kept yelling that they should play some Tom Petty (wtf?) so I just said screw it, don't want to be associated with that guy.

Crowd went absolutely apeshit from beginning to end.

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  21:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice.
i also thought it was one of the heavier gigs when i saw them in august, especially at the start of the show.

i'm a bit jealous about oona and baal's back.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

trevgreg
- FB Fan -

45 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  04:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went each night too and enjoyed both shows a lot. Hard for me to pick one in particular, but the second night might've been just a little more memorable overall, just with the set choices and a slightly more energectic crowd (even got at least one crowd surfer in!).

It was only my second and third shows too, so finally hearing the likes of Motorway to Roswell and Velouria the first night, then stuff like Rock Music, Tame, Head On, and U-Mass the second night made them more than worthwhile. But yeah, had a lot of fun overall!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000