Bryan Adams - Reckless (2014 Reissue)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  09:59:03  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm just checking this album out today, decided to revisit an old favourite from my youth.

Oh man, some of those bonus tracks are better than the tracks on the original album! I'm getting some real late 80's LA glam rock scene vibes from it, maybe a bit of ZZ Top in there as well.

I didn't even realise there was even a song called Reckless as well, and I'm wondering why they left it off the album? It's really good! Maybe it was considered a bit too non-commercial and they thought the album would flop, in those days hard rock/metal was still very much part of a fringe scene, but these days it's totally commercial.

There's definitely a harder edge to the bonus tracks.

People ridicule me for liking this album, but I'm not ashamed to say that early 80's Bryan Adams is underrated, I think he gets a bad rap because of the Robin Hood song and all the subsequent music he released thereafter, which to be honest was a bit lame most of it.

One of the bonus tracks Draw The Line has a very similar opening chord sequence to Rock Music as well. It's almost exactly the same, only it stops and repeats.

Play To Win is a really nice hard rock Americana song and Adam's vocals are a bit edgier and grittier than I've ever heard him sing on any other track. Too Hot To Handle could just as easily be a lost ZZ Top track with those rocking blues guitars...

Edited by - pot on 09/07/2016 10:03:38

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  23:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fucking BRILLIANT

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000