New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  07:49:54  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
I caught the end of something the other day, there will be a Frank Black interview type sitting on sofa thing on the UK's MTV2 on that Gonzo programme (5-7pm i think) this coming thursday (10th).

I shall be tuning in . Someone please correct me if im lying.

eyyyy!

Edited by - misleadtheworld on 07/09/2003 15:05:35

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  10:39:01  Show Profile
can someone that is good with video/computer stuff save this on their computer, nobody did it last time on MUCHMUSIC although a couple people said they would!!!
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  15:27:49  Show Profile
Don't worry CAB, you didn't miss much with him hosting the Wedge on Much. It was rather dissapointing. I imagine they cut a LOT of what was filmed and we were left with mostly Frank and Co. "throwing" to videos. Although Scott introducing himself as Harris was cool. It was like a nod to all of us cats on the forum. And by that I mean me, personally. Thanks, Scott.

Edited by - speedy_m on 07/09/2003 15:28:37
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  17:52:33  Show Profile
I've been meaning to post this thread all week. It should be good, Zane or whoever the host is said they were going to bring a guitar down and try and get him to play something!
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  09:22:34  Show Profile
Update, it's on now and Frank brought his guitar with him. They are currently playing the Debaser video, fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

L. Barlow
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  14:25:56  Show Profile  Visit L. Barlow's Homepage  Click to see L. Barlow's MSN Messenger address
i came home from work this afternoon at 5:00 when it was to come on, messed about for half an hour before turning on tv. after a while i flicked 442 and i was met with the familiar headache video followed by the breeders cannonball. frank and zane lowe (insane annoying person i despise)then did a little duet from a song that was left off the album (pretty good aswell even though it was only frank on guitar and vocals with zane insane backing him up with his voice and palms on knees.)

then the show ended. im sure they would have shown a heap of pixies videos as mtv2 have been doing alot of recently. 6 months ago i had only ever seen veloria on that channel then they started playing alot of debaser, monkey gone to heaven etc. they also show lots of dinosaur jr and mudhoney videos now which is nice....

anyway the show is repeated tonight at 12 midnight so im getting my video ready. i cant stand the thought of how zane the annoyance and frank the cool music man will feed off eachother but if the song they did was anything to go by then it cant be that bad. although zane dude didnt seem to have a clue! just my opinion!

;D
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  01:08:55  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
I captured all the Frank interviews as well as the Debaser and Headache videos as very high quality MPEGs. I might have to re-encode them as they total over 200Mb at the moment! When I've done this would you like them on the FTP site, or should I upload to my own webspace?
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  08:02:17  Show Profile
Well sir, the best place for them is probably the FTP, though due to Dave's busy schedule (no offense, Dave, I love's ya! sounds like you could use some help with them thar file transfer protocols...), it may not get on there for a while, so maybe put it up on your own webspace for now. Oh, and thank you kindly for capturing it, I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  08:55:15  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
No problem. I'll try and optimise it down to a more sensible size and post the links when it's uploaded - hopefully over the weekend. Pity me and my lack of broadband.

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  09:21:45  Show Profile
You have my pity, my friend. I was once like you. Alone, Stinking and Unafraid. Now I've seen the light of the coaxial wire, and it is good. Like the nectar of the God's, 'tis.
Go to Top of Page

L. Barlow
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  10:42:37  Show Profile  Visit L. Barlow's Homepage  Click to see L. Barlow's MSN Messenger address
is it just me or was there a small chunk at the begining of headache missed out? i have only seen the video once before (on rollingstone.com where they have a bunch of his videos) and i cant really remember much but i got the immpression it had been cut down a little at the start...

;D
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  16:19:57  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
You lucky people. I have uploaded the video clips of Frank's interview on Gonzo. Here are the links:

First interview clip + Debaser video (5.1 Mb):
http://www.anthonypaynter.com/fb/FB_Gonzo_1_128.mpg

Second interview clip (2.7 Mb) :
http://www.anthonypaynter.com/fb/FB_Gonzo_2_128.mpg

Third interview clip (3.0 Mb):
http://www.anthonypaynter.com/fb/FB_Gonzo_3_128.mpg

Fourth interview clip + Headache video + Cannonball video (8.1 Mb) :
http://www.anthonypaynter.com/fb/FB_Gonzo_4_128.mpg

Fifth interview clip + [I]Don't Clip your Wings
live performance (3.3 Mb):
http://www.anthonypaynter.com/fb/FB_Gonzo_5_128.mpg

These are very highly compressed (to aid downloadability) and so the quality is not amazing, but if anyone's interested I could send the full quality video clips. Anyway... enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Old Neptuna
- FB Fan -

Ireland
200 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  06:11:14  Show Profile
Thanks for your uploading efforts M Files. I missed parts of the interview - it was on MTV2 again today.

That Zane is a cheeky young pup.

Neptuna

* Old FB Fan *
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000