Favourite FBF-related tidbits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  09:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's have some quotes, throwbacks or recollections that only blackheads like us would appreciate.

Always loved this description of Black in the studio recording vocals for Gordon Gano's Run:

quote:
GG: Right, right, that's it. And got the perfect person to do the vocals. That's one of my all-time favorite lead vocals that I've ever heard, is Frank Black on that song. He took that song to a place that I don't think anyone could have done it better.

B&N.com: He sounds like he's hyperventilating.

GG: Every song and every artist, there's always some story about it. In this case, I was on tour in Australia with Violent Femmes when Frank Black became available. So Warren Bruleigh, who co-produced the record, went from New York to L.A. and got in the studio and did it. I wasn't there, but I heard a lot of stories. The engineer in the studio wanted to stop: From what I'm told, Frank Black would actually go running at the microphone, and it turned into some very physical event when he was doing it, and the house engineer was like, "Somebody stop him!" And Warren Bruleigh was like, "Nobody moves, keep the track rolling. It's okay that it's distorting, it's okay that he's hitting the microphone with his head or whatever." [laughs]
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000