Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  14:48:58  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Now That Indie Cindy is done (so to speak), for me I would like to see the day where a Pixies show is 90% new material and 10% classics.

Other than that, who knows! Maybe Pot hacked Grotesque's account?! Whatever Happened to Pot?

I will second the hell out of that. I love the old stuff but damn, it's getting a little long in the toof from a live show standpoint. I can't believe they can even muster up the drive to play them over an over. I hope they keep recording and keep working more and more new stuff in. Let the haters hate. Led Zeppelin didn't write songs everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees.

As for Pot, he got into a huge pissing match with half the board (myself included) about a year ago and swore he'd never come back. So far he has been true to his word. He does bring a certain je ne sais quoi to the board I'll say that much!

My density has popped me to you.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  21:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

As for Pot, he got into a huge pissing match with half the board (myself included) about a year ago and swore he'd never come back. So far he has been true to his word.

ooh, where did that happen? i don't seem to remember this. link?

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  02:18:27  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

As for Pot, he got into a huge pissing match with half the board (myself included) about a year ago and swore he'd never come back. So far he has been true to his word.

ooh, where did that happen? i don't seem to remember this. link?

it's educational

I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in one of the EP1 threads. I'll look later tonight to see if I can find it but it's buried in all those pages.

My density has popped me to you.
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  11:12:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The moment Kim left the recording sessions in Wales, Indie Cindy's story was pretty much written, the press had their targets, people had something to read about. Unfortunately the album didn't manage to have a perfect line-up of songs it needed to sustain the backlash. A good half of the album is fantastic, the other less so, kind of still trying to figure out what this Pixies 2.0 sounds like. I wonder, even if they had released Bluefinger or Der Golem as the new album, if the reaction would have been that much different.

Definitely agree with Stevio10, hope the band keeps releasing albums they're happy with and start pushing the old songs more to the background. Continuing with the Best-of live shows would be a strange move, when they start getting more albums under their belts.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  21:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grotesque really has left. He's the new Kim.

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2014 :  22:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason

"I have a drink
I start to think
I write a post on the forum"

quote-bump!

it's educational